Mexican-American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mexican-American

Will do. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again for all your input and comments.
    Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      >" Kimo-I meant that people moving from one area to another is basically redistribution when viewed from a greater perspective. "

solly cholly.
      i am still in the dark.

>"Development is evident around the world. Why should Hawaii be any different? "

hooooboy! them's fightin' words, cholo.
      OK, that's it. Why don't you shut your computer down and go get a life. If you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say, get off. That last comment of yours just goes to show what a jerk you are. People like you give the Islands a bad rep. You owe him an apology for that slur. You're right, though - you are in the dark. Other people at least had something to contribute. You....pphhhttt. NADA!
      Last edited by btwnc2c; July 25, 2005, 07:46 AM.

Comment

When you come across a pointless, off-topic or inappropriately personal post, it's best not to stoop to their level and hurl more insults.

As mentioned before, you can use the "Ignore User" feature the system provides to improve your reading experience. You can also score a post using the "Reputation" link (the little scale icon) to help me track inappropriate or pointless messages and to help other members determine how much credibility to give another user's contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          When you come across a pointless, off-topic or inappropriately personal post, it's best not to stoop to their level and hurl more insults.

Ha! I just KNEW that I was going to get called on that post but decided to get my licks in anyway. Bugged me too much to ignore.

But mahalo, for the other advice. I was not aware of that feature and I will certainly utilize it!!

Comment

QUOTE=btwnc2c

>"Development is evident around the world. Why should Hawaii be any different? "

"hooooboy! them's fightin' words, cholo."

>" That last comment of yours just goes to show what a jerk you are. People like you give the Islands a bad rep."

yea, the whole world is worried and concerned about people in Hawaii who voice their concern about its overpopulation and overdevelopment.

>" You owe him an apology for that slur. "

everything is a slur to those who live in the facist P.C. dark ages....

This person proclaimed it is no worse to overdevelop Hawaii than it is any other part of the world; The implication is; it is no better than any or land, So it should be done. Bringing this mentality( that grows like a cancerous disease and festers support with likeminded people) to Hawaii is one of the many things that is destroying our aina, culture, general way of life. And you say Ii owe an apology.
            I tellya... some people's children... tisk, tisk, tisk.
            Last edited by kimo55; July 25, 2005, 08:44 AM.

Comment

everything is a slur to those who live in the facist P.C. dark ages....
              Translation: Nothing is off limits... except things Kimo considers sacred. .. Say anything you want, unless it upsets Kimo's sensitivities. You're no different from anyone else... except Kimo, who's special.

Oh yeah, the topic. From the original post:
              Is this truly felt by the majority of “locals?”
              There are people who are resentful of newcomers. There are people who are welcoming of newcomers. If you value Hawaii's diversity, and you should, you have to understand that not everyone is a big, smiling welcome mat, and not everyone is Kimo. Adjust your filters accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Translation: Nothing is off limits... except things Kimo considers sacred. .. Say anything you want, unless it upsets Kimo's sensitivities. You're no different from anyone else... except Kimo, who's special.

my point was, arturo did not consider what i directed toward him, as a slur, another instigator jumps in and says
                Hey you owe him an apology.
                what was a slur? who is offended? no one but a third party troublemmaker.

further, i think Arturo saw my comment as what it was intended to be; a jocular pseudo "put em up; like t'row blow brah!?"
                kinda thing. I have many Mexican friends here and on the mainland and we all banter and toss around the monikers;
                Yo whusup ese? Homey whuddup, cholo.

and it may be reinforced in a corny fashion by my dining at a favorite Mexican restaurant in haleiwa called "Cholo's".
                Last edited by kimo55; July 25, 2005, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                  Development is evident around the world. Why should Hawaii be any different?
                  Arturo,

Hawaii is different. IMO the most special piece of land in the world and very finite. Development may be inevitable but how it is developed is the question. So far, not so good. Mainland money will always hold sway as long as Hawaii is part of the U.S. and any future envisioned by Hawaiians will be given little weight.
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I haven’t checked this thread in a couple of days, and it seems like it’s gotten quite popular. Kimo-I wasn’t offended in anyway by your comments. For one thing, my comments were purely speculation. After all of your comments I was able to get a better understanding on your perspective. I’ve also been reading other sources to better my understanding, including one article about Moloka’i, called, “Not as friendly; Molokai:”
                    http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=6393
                    This article was a big eye-opener for me. It’s ridiculous that this type of attitude from new-comers exists on the “friendly-island.” As for everyone else in thread, thanks for sticking up for me, but it would take a lot to offend me. Also, there is now way Kimo could have offended me about this subject since he knows a lot more about it than I. Also he probably has experienced a lot of what Moloka’i is experiencing now which gives him a right to feel the way he does. Thanks again for everyone’s concern and comments.
                    Arturo

Comment

but can u cook tamales and real mexican food??!!

if so... den welcome to Hawaii!! wen is da potluck party??!! we go party and grind!! Sit down break bread and kaukau is all i say. nuff wit da politics and bust out da grindz! hehehe

Aloha Arturo!
                      Reggie aka pinakboy
                      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                      Recipe Tube TV!
                      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                        but can u cook tamales and real mexican food??!!
                        ho, steh hungry now.
                        usta make choke chile rellanos at mama's mexican kitchen back in the 70's. Tamales, Mexican rice....
                        prep all day for the nite time rush. I was in pig heaven. all i can eat.

Not too many good places left.
                        azteca is good, kaimuki.
                        La Paloma kapiolani was a fave back in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          ho, steh hungry now.
                          usta make choke chile rellanos at mama's mexican kitchen back in the 70's. Tamales, Mexican rice....
                          prep all day for the nite time rush. I was in pig heaven. all i can eat.

Not too many good places left.
                          azteca is good, kaimuki.
                          La Paloma kapiolani was a fave back in the day...
                          dang kimo... dat wudve been heaven... if i came ova on ur shift back den... pau no moa nuttin on da line for da niteshift fo serve! lol

dang chile rellanos, tamales, mexican rice..... <sigh>
                          Reggie aka pinakboy
                          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                          Recipe Tube TV!
                          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

here's a list o "Mexican food" restaurants.
                            no foget da one international market place!

http://tinyurl.com/94s6j

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
                              I work for IBM and was able to get a transfer to the IBM branch in Honolulu. Generally its technical support stuff, but I have other duties also.
                              Arturo
                              Holy cow. I just transfered here to do infrastructure consulting. PM me....you might sit a couple of cubicles down.

Comment

Originally posted by runjinrun
                                Holy cow. I just transfered here to do infrastructure consulting. PM me....you might sit a couple of cubicles down.
                                "...It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!"
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X