Honolulu Radio Arbitrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Radio Arbitrons

Erika did a story today on the latest ratings book.

Click here for Top 10 Honolulu Stations

Discuss.

(P.S. Is this bad? Taking the image from the Bulletin? Moderators, if it is, I will refrain from doing it again.)
    Last edited by mel; July 30, 2005, 11:33 PM. Reason: inline image changed to offsite link.

Re: Spring Arbs

Originally posted by Ra-Di-Oh!
    (P.S. Is this bad? Taking the image from the Bulletin? Moderators, if it is, I will refrain from doing it again.)
    Yes, it is. Basically what you are doing by posting an image from a website that you do not own is 1. stealing their bandwidth and 2. probably violating copyright (though there may be a fair usage issues in this somewhere, but I ain't no lawyer). The bandwidth item is mentioned somewhere in the FAQ and Ryan has brought it up a few times in other threads.

That said, I am recoding your link of actually showing the graphic onsite to a remote link that users can click on to get to only the graphic. Of course to get both the graphic and the story, click on the article link by Erika.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Tanks eh, Mel!

Comment

Mel what does it mean when you say, "stealing the bandwidth" I've always wondered what exactly that meant. Thanks
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ryan says it best in this message post.

More importantly, be sure to only insert images from sites you control -- for example, from your personal website or online gallery. If you insert, for example, a giant Harry Potter image from a random Harry Potter fan site, we'll be engaging in "bandwidth theft," as it is their server and wallet that's impacted for the benefit of our members. As remote images are downloaded every time someone views the thread or message in which they are posted, this can cause a substantial load on the originating site... and lead to us getting a nasty message, or the stolen image replaced with a graphic depiction of some shocking activity.

I was wrong when I mentioned the referral to the FAQ as the issue is not currently listed there.

Hope this helps. Let's get back to the Arbitrons.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

So, is this for morning shows, or its a regular ratings with the mentioning of its morning show?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              Ryan says it best in this message post.

I was wrong when I mentioned the referral to the FAQ as the issue is not currently listed there.

Hope this helps. Let's get back to the Arbitrons.
              so if you save the image as a JPEG then repost as an image would that still be considered bandwidth theft moreso than copyright theft?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                so if you save the image as a JPEG then repost as an image would that still be considered bandwidth theft moreso than copyright theft?
                Well if you put it on your own server or upload it directly to this website under your account name, then it is probably "copyright theft." Again I am not a lawyer, so I don't know where fair use ends and copyright violations begin. Do we have any lawyers accessing this board?

Now, what about those Arbitron ratings?

I guess all of the usual suspects have fallen into their predestined places according to the radio god Arbitron. Wrong or right? Certainly for sure Perry & Price, as well as KSSK radio rules.

Anyone surprised that Star 101.9 is in the top 10 overall? They must be doing someting right to come up from #14 to #7.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It all breaks down to who receives the "books"... and how those
                  books are filled out...

My guess is that they're filled out (the whole week's worth of listening)
                  on the night before they're sent back..

Does anyone really believe that people walk around and document
                  their listening every fifteen minutes... LOL!!!

It's such a scam-

the only thing the book really shows is P1's penmanship for their
                  favorite brands! That's it.

That being said- the only real information the "book" is good for
                  is to see how well you've marketed your brand-

Actual listening?

dream on-

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                    Anyone surprised that Star 101.9 is in the top 10 overall? They must be doing someting right to come up from #14 to #7.
                    Or, they just have no competition. Until KQMQ flipped recently, they were the only ones in the market playing certain alternative/rock songs.

Comment

aloha,

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                      Or, they just have no competition, the only ones in the market playing certain alternative/rock songs.
                      Perhaps it won't be too long before someone wants to do a real ROCK station again in this market...

Comment

Honolulu Radio Arbitrons - Summer '05

I revised the topic thread title so that this can become an ongoing discussion of the Arbitron Ratings for the Honolulu market.

The Summer Ratings came out on October 24. Most of the usual radio stations remain the overall market leaders with KSSK FM and KRTR FM leading the pack. Salem's Oldies 107.9 FM is in the top 5 for the first time I think.

I am sure the radio, advertising and media experts may have more to say about the different demographic groups and stuff for this period.

The list of the overall market can be seen at the usual place:

Honolulu Market Arbitrons - Summer 2005
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Honolulu Radio Arbitrons

It's been awhile, but the latest Arbitron ratings for Honolulu radio is being reported today by Erika Engle:

Perry, Price Still Lead Radio Pack

KSSK-FM 92.3 went up to a 14.3 from an 11.8; KRTR-FM 96.3 dipped to a 8.7 from a 10.4; KCCN-FM 100.3 saw an increase to a 6.2 from 5.7; KINE-FM 105.1 inched up to a 6.0 from a 5.6 and KGMZ-FM 107.9 was up to a 5.5 from a 3.6.
                          What I found interesting is:

In a shift locally, Arbitron has stopped releasing radio ratings to the media, which it had done in the past, and it is now releasing the information only to radio stations and ad agencies that are Arbitron subscribers. The Star-Bulletin obtained some of the spring ratings through the local radio industry.
                          I was wondering why the Honolulu trends were not showing up lately at the Radio & Records tracking site. Arbitron also discontinued distributing the ratings in paper form.

BTW, Radio & Records was sold to rival Billboard publications not so long ago.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The fall 2006 Honolulu radio ratings were published today in the Honolulu Star Bulletin by Erika Engle. Nothing really new at the top, where Perry & Price dominate and KSSK lead the morning show race and overalls.

The big news is KNDI's (1270 AM) entry into the top 10 for morning radio shows. They show up with a 3.3 share for morning drive. The surge in their ratings is attributed to recent attention to non-English language stations during the October earthquake.

Link: KNDI shows up in radio ratings Top 10
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              The fall 2006 Honolulu radio ratings were published today in the Honolulu Star Bulletin by Erika Engle. Nothing really new at the top, where Perry & Price dominate and KSSK lead the morning show race and overalls.

The big news is KNDI's (1270 AM) entry into the top 10 for morning radio shows. They show up with a 3.3 share for morning drive. The surge in their ratings is attributed to recent attention to non-English language stations during the October earthquake.

Link: KNDI shows up in radio ratings Top 10
                              Right on Right on Right on!!!!! The Broadcast House of the Pacific is finally on the map!!

I loved hanging out at that radio station/house. Sometimes you had to stop production work as the ambulance passed by on S. King Street. If you listened carefully over the radio you could hear the sound of dishes being washed in the adjacent kitchen.

That was radio with a passion, heck the studio was a dining table! Simple and pure.

Comment

Working...
                              X