Do you drive a Van li dat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Honda Odyssey Air Bag Sensor Recall

If you own a 2005 Honda Odyssey minivan, you will be notified sometime this month about this recall. Apparently, road salt can corrode the sensors for the front airbag and activate the airbags when not necessary.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Do you drive a Van li dat?

We drove a Dodge Grand Caravan a little while when our car was being repaired after an accident -- daughter was driving when it happened but that's another story.

My wife loved the van. Lots of interior space. My mom happened to be in the hospital, unrelated to the accident, and getting her home in her weakened condition was much easier than trying to get her into a car or into the Explorer.

The folding seats provided a lot of open space although I can see where bits of stuff could be a problem. By the way, if you got a roach problem, try something called Code 6 from Y.Hata. In fact, if you have a roach problem in the HOUSE it'll work, too. Just be sure to leave the house for the day, and get the vacuum cleaner ready to pick up the carnage when you get home. But I digress...

The only other requirement I'd personally have to replace the Explorer is the ability to tow a boat trailer. The Caravan is supposed to have the capacity for that. And it would be a lot easier loading bulky, heavy stuff into a van than the top of an SUV!

There have been reports on earlier models concerning the transmission. Don't know how it is now. But having a good warranty helps.

Comment

Mahalo for all the feedback. I made my wife read the comments. I'll post what happens in the future. We only have one child yet. But as the in-laws and others get older a van looks like the way to travel around with everyone.
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Craig, that's a sweet ride. If I ever get back to Hawaii these days, wouldn't mind taking our cars out to the track and have some fun.

Here is my 02 E46 M3 I picked up a few years ago.

Comment

Boys and their toys!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992
              We drove a Dodge Grand Caravan
              One of my vehicles is a dodge grand caravan. LOVE the space. Tons o room. v8 so it's a gas hog.

Comment

The last van I owned was a '92 dodge Grand Caravan. When I sold it there was 156,000 miles on it and it still ran well. Lots of room and I even removed the 2 sets of rear seats to move once. But my FAVORITE van was a '57 VW that I got trading a 14' kayak for, in Berkeley in 1980. The interior was barren except for the front bench seat. I got it running and bought the interior from a '73 VW westfalia campervan that had been rolled over in an accident. Just reshaped the back of the cabinetry and bolted it all in. Ice box, storage, benches to bed conversion. I loved that van. I travelled all over California while living in it for 2 years, way back when. Peace, love and...
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

If I drove a van, I'd want it to be something along the lines of:
                  Having Darth Maul's scowl plastered across the front is even cooler than the full-tilt Mystery Machine theme. Now if only you could shoehorn a hyperdrive in there ...
                  "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    The last van I owned was a '92 dodge Grand Caravan. When I sold it there was 156,000 miles on it and it still ran well. Lots of room and I even removed the 2 sets of rear seats to move once. But my FAVORITE van was a '57 VW that I got trading a 14' kayak for, in Berkeley in 1980. The interior was barren except for the front bench seat. I got it running and bought the interior from a '73 VW westfalia campervan that had been rolled over in an accident. Just reshaped the back of the cabinetry and bolted it all in. Ice box, storage, benches to bed conversion. I loved that van. I travelled all over California while living in it for 2 years, way back when. Peace, love and...
                    I am with MM I LOVE my Dodge Grand Caravan, BUT I also loved my Astro.
                    I really hate the Nissan vans, I test drove several when we bought our Dodge.
                    I alos disliked the inside room of the Ford Windstar.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm currently driving a 1992 Chevy G20 cargo van. I initally bought the van for work when I was a vendor. After I left that job, I kept the van...I sort of gotten used to driving it.
                      Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

1970 VW Westphalia Pop Top Camper

Found it in a tent in Holualoa. Been there for 20 years. Interior was perfect (even smelled like Germany)

Took out the engine, trans, and most of the running gear.

8 months and $8000 later......

Now it has 120 HP race motor with all the aftermarket features, a Freeway Flyer Tranny, and 27" tires. Goes 65 mph in 3rd gear, uphill, all day long. Top Speed so far - 105 mph.

This ain't you Grandma's VW Van anymore. No Hippies Allowed.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

We're on our third minivan. The first was a 1989 MAZDA MPV, which I swapped my 1987 Acura Legend coupe for. A true "horse trade" as I didn't pay any cash out of my pocket - in fact, the dealer paid off my loan balance ($593). The reason was the impending birth of my son in Dec. 1988 and a minivan made more sense for the family than the coupe.

The second was a 1993 NISSAN QUEST, which was a bit roomier. I sold the MPV (76K miles) to a friend and the Quest was great for soccer, scouting, and general hauling (e.g. Costco runs). Kept it till 2001 (164K miles) when I offered a new car to my "boss." Conversation as follows:

OP: What kind of car do you want?
                          BOSS: Oh, a minivan.
                          OP: Are you sure? You've been driving minivans for 12 years. I thought you might prefer a "regular" car this time.
                          BOSS: To me, a minivan is a "regular" car. I like the roominess - the cargo and people carrying capacity.
                          OP: Okay. how about a HONDA ODYSSEY?
                          BOSS: Sounds good.

The Odyssey EX was $29K and worth it. Even roomier than the Quest with a bit more power (210 hp vs. 150 for the Quest) and dual power rear doors. With the removable second-row seats out and the third-row bench folded down flat into the floor, I have hauled 4'x8' sheets of plywood and drywall, musical instrument amplifiers, furniture, etc. In a number of ways, the best and most useful vehicle I've ever owned.

We're at 106K miles now and it's still running smoothly. We will likely keep it even though another new car is on the horizon within the next year or two. After all, the kids are grown and have their driver's licenses. I also have great faith that the "boss" will NOT sting me for a Benz, BMW, or similar auto marquee.

Comment

This is the van I drive, and I will never go back to stuffing four kids and a dog into an ordinary car!

http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              (even smelled like Germany)
                              Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                              This is the van I drive
                              Yes, but does it "smell like France," Susie?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Yes, but does it "smell like France," Susie?
                                Nah. It usually smalls like bread, cause I take the bread machine with us...no boulangeries in the deep French countryside.
                                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X