Methamphetamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Methamphetamine

Congrats on your sobriety, Fondoo. That's a very notable achievement. From everything I've read, weaning off ice is one of the hardest and most painful to endure.

Today's Star Bulletin had a report from the State that disclosed that almost 2% of people who were randomly selected to be tested for drugs tested positive for ice use. Many of those people who tested positive were applying for jobs. They were told up front they would be tested, and yet they still applied.

"...Nearly two out of every 100 people who undergo pre-employment and random workplace drug screening in Hawaii test positive for crystal methamphetamine, or "ice," the state's largest drug testing laboratory has found.

Of the 9,419 prospective and current employees screened by Diagnostic Laboratory Services in the first three months of this year, 179, or 1.9 percent, tested positive for ice. In the previous 12 months, 1.8 percent tested positive.

"...One of the trends he noted is a more-than-doubling in the detection of opiate drugs to 0.7 percent this year from 0.3 percent last year. State administrative rules allow drug testing laboratories to confirm whether the detected opiate is morphine or codeine, but not for prescription drugs like oxycontin and vicodin, whose use is on the rise, Linden said.

Marijuana usage ranks highest in Hawaii at 2.4 percent, while cocaine use, at 0.5 percent, remains low...."

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Thx M but I was lucky and was able to open myself to the 12 steps it had nothing to do with personel willpower or anything like that,I had tride beating it myself for over 7 yrs,in my case the 12 steps allowed me to let god fix it and I just stayed out of the way he he
      Hey Muilang was it you I read that had 4yrs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo
        Thx M but I was lucky and was able to open myself to the 12 steps it had nothing to do with personel willpower or anything like that,I had tride beating it myself for over 7 yrs,in my case the 12 steps allowed me to let god fix it and I just stayed out of the way he he
        Hey Muilang was it you I read that had 4yrs as well?
        Nope. That was my internet Tita, Auntie Lynn. I tried coke once and all it did was tickle my nose! Never had the desire to dabble in anything more serious than weed or a few hits of acid when I was younger and stupider. Now, of course, there's only the very occasional glass of wine from my winery, shot of single malt Scotch neat or Campari and soda with a twist (oh yeah, when I'm in a festive mood, I'll have a Kir Royale or a Bellini). Don't need any of those mood enhancers anymore.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

"my winery"... hmmm. knew i knew ya for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            "my winery"... hmmm. knew i knew ya for a reason!
            I own a very eeency share of one of the smaller wineries up here. But it's enough to get me discounts on the stuff we sell, so that's a good enough reason for me! We just bought out another small WA winery, Glen Fiona, which bottles some of the best Syrah I have ever tasted.

Miulang

Comment

Good afternoon all! Yep, it'll be four years clean from the ravages of cocaine! I never did like grass, didn't do anything for me. "ICE" took away so much friends and family. I've seen and lived the life of which it brings...pain, hurt, suffering, domestic abuse and death.

I still party. My party nowdays is much different than before. I prefer drinking. I am not saying it's better. It is still considered a drug. I fight, struggle and face my Demons everyday. I will always be a Recovering ADDICT!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

1stwahine fellow druggie soul sister! I'm only saying this cause I love you as one of "us" but you probobly shouldn't use the word recovering till you stop using mind altering drugs.Maybe your not an addict but found drugs are not for you?Then you can drink without suffering,but if you really are an addict then the booze will turn on you and you know the rest of the story.You may never even increase the amount you are drinking now but just stunt the spiritual growth of recovery we need to have healthy whole lives.Like you I will always have my demons but every year they take up less and less mental real estate.
                I liked what a speaker once said that he didn't go thru all he did in recovery to stay sick all his life so he considers himself recovered not recovering.He he since there is a small voice in my head telling me maybe I could smoke a little good Hawwiian grass or drink socialy when I move there and it would be ok I'm still "recovering"

Comment

He he since there is a small voice in my head telling me maybe I could smoke a little good Hawwiian grass or drink socialy when I move there and it would be ok I'm still "recovering"
                  That small voice is, "cunning, baffling, and powerful." Remember?

Comment

ya and sooooo patient!

Comment

ya and sooooo patient!
                      aaahhhh....Fondoo! Come visit me in my little domain on the internet...there you will find the struggles and my fight to stay in the realm of things. Most of the time, I am beyond reality, see many things that many do not see and hear.

I "enjoy" my nights out vs every night of booze and drugs. Now it's down 1-2 per month. I know the drug that almost destroyed me, will never grip me again. Funny, I don't remember how it tasted. I remember it making me scared.

Prior to changing the last time, I went countless of meetings and thru three sponsors. Trying to quit many years of use and abuse. I was one of the many who keep coming back but never grasp what is being said. You see, unfortunately, I suffer from another disease that prevents me to accept like the normal person does for a complete recovery.

The Program works. I know many who have their lives for it too.

I thank God that I have made it this far. I thank God that I have accepted my life. And for now Dear Fondoo, I have another challenge in which my two internet brothers started me off last week...quitting cigarrette smoking! Mahalo Baline and Lurkah -- it's getting better.

What a lovely day it is!

Auntie Lyn
                      new blog http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 16, 2005, 04:28 PM.

Comment

1stwahine I am forgetting my place,you didn't ask me for advice on recovery so I should not have offered it sorry.I am your brother so I'm here for you if you need me.Good luck on the smoking I stopped about 5 months ago so my baby wouldn't have to deal with it when she was born I cheat though and use chewing tobacco a couple times a day,one can lasts about 3 weeks.Atleast I have became less offensive to others and don't have to mess up my lungs.Hey my tobacco solution sounds like your recovery one,oh my did I say that out loud? he he just playing girl good job and good to know ya

Comment

1stwahine I am forgetting my place,you didn't ask me for advice on recovery so I should not have offered it sorry.I am your brother so I'm here for you if you need me.Good luck on the smoking I stopped about 5 months ago so my baby wouldn't have to deal with it when she was born I cheat though and use chewing tobacco a couple times a day,one can lasts about 3 weeks.Atleast I have became less offensive to others and don't have to mess up my lungs.Hey my tobacco solution sounds like your recovery one,oh my did I say that out loud? he he just playing girl good job and good to know ya

Thank you Fondoo.
                          1stwahine

Comment

How does one get a friend off Ice?
                            He hit rock bottom and stopped and righted his life.
                            Then he got hurt and bored so he started again.
                            Again he stopped and was on a good path and started recently. All he needs to do is go to therapy and his job will be waiting for him. He knows it's bad for him and yet he does it so I know it's a powerful drug. I was thinking of appealing to his parents to be more proactive but I think they are more shamed than concerned.
                            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

There is something new that's available on O'ahu which can be done for your friend which helps people deal with the physical cravings of meth. Even so, problems of boredom and other psychological issues, and the social issues of the environment require an ongoing and continual battle. Perhaps the most valuable thing someone caught in the riptide of this disease has going for them is at least one friend or family member to call out for help before their loved one is lost.

If you like, you can email for more information:

jdorsey@sbcglobal.net

Mahalo, jim
                              Last edited by JamezD; September 9, 2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Everybody wails over the tragedy of drug destruction. But nobody is willing to embrace the solution because of the last 65 years of brainwashing.

Legalizing drugs would remove the stigma, which would open up more people to the idea of treatment, reduce the prices, which would reduce the impetus for crime, generate millions of dollars, both in law enforcement savings AND taxation.

But in America, we have a medical problem that we choose to solve with a criminal solution.

Might as well let cops perform heart surgery.

Drug Laws are the pinnacle of cognitive dissonance.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X