Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Methamphetamine

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    I am going to make some broad assumptions. Feel free to make corrections if or when you find them:

-arguments to legalize drugs are made by those who haven't grown up in a home where the custodial parents abused drugs.
    • they have never picked their wasted parent off of the floor.
    • they have never watched their parent jones into an angry head space because said parent couldn't get ahold of a bag of weed, or felt disgust overhearing their folks' conversations on the phone hunting for weed.
    • they have never had to leave the house worried about smelling like marijuana smoke.
    • they have never had to repeat themselves again and again until their stoned parent heard them.
    • they have never looked into the red eyes of their parent and thought about how weak this parent is or what losers their stoney friends are, who are probably only in the lives of these parents (and by default and not choice, the lives of the children) because said losers can help find weed.

-people who did have such childhoods are raised to *never* talk about them, and wouldn't even decriminalize drugs if that was the last piece of legislation on earth.
    I sympathize with you if that was your childhood. I have been around lots of different drug users and have never seen people act like that over marijuana...cocaine, heroin, yes, not pot. And I know some serious stoners. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it leads me to think that maybe there's more to the picture than just the pot.

That too is a broad statement, but I would be very surprised if pot was the only issue influencing this kind of behavior. But, hey, I wasn't there, so it's just an assumption on my part.

For the record...yes, my parents were VEHEMENTLY opposed to drugs of any kind.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

It is my pleasure Jim. Your treatment brings not only enthusiasm and hope...it brings back the person whom was lost to the families.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
        I am going to make some broad assumptions. Feel free to make corrections if or when you find them:

-arguments to legalize drugs are made by those who haven't grown up in a home where the custodial parents abused drugs.
        • they have never watched their parent jones into an angry head space because said parent couldn't get ahold of a bag of weed, or felt disgust overhearing their folks' conversations on the phone hunting for weed.
        • they have never had to leave the house worried about smelling like marijuana smoke.
        • they have never had to repeat themselves again and again until their stoned parent heard them.
        • they have never looked into the red eyes of their parent and thought about how weak this parent is or what losers their stoney friends are, who are probably only in the lives of these parents (and by default and not choice, the lives of the children) because said losers can help find weed.

-people who did have such childhoods are raised to *never* talk about them, and wouldn't even decriminalize drugs if that was the last piece of legislation on earth.
        Pua'i -

I don't want to step over the line... but knowing where we both come from and what family ties we have.... we both know that we have family members that built the prison system, work in the prison system and are "residents" of the prison system.
        arguments to legalize drugs are made by those who haven't grown up in a home where the custodial parents abused drugs.
        I vow to disagree but plead the fith because my mom did the best she could.

many times...how many...can't remember...began at an early age.

back in the late 60's early 70's weed was pretty acceptable.... and easily found.

thats why air fresheners became popular in the 70's just kidding i dunno...

guess you weren't raised by a parent of the hippy era....

have looked into my mom's eye's when she was suffering from chemo and said mom... I don't know how to roll a joint.... can't you just smoke it out of the pipe? (while current members of the legislature were present)

or those that have had these kind of childhoods and are glad that they made it past the odds that were given to them back in the days.

Pua'i I know we related by my wife etc... however you also know that I will always be honest and speak my mind.
        Last edited by damontucker; September 10, 2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
          I agree with that, and just a note, I'm not a regular pot smoker. I'm a "once in a blue moon" pot smoker. The difference between pot and the other drugs is huge. Meth, Cocaine, crack, crank,Speed...any kind of amphetamine causes really aggro behavior.

Heroin is just deadly , period....addictive as it gets, and the damage it does to the body is just crazy.

Alcohol being legal, and pot still being ILLEGAL is just insane to me. You never see a bar full of STONED people get into a fight, hit their spouses or kids or drive into the oncoming lane of traffic and kill someone.

If POT was legal, do you think there would be as big a problem with meth, coke and other really harmful drugs...if you could catch a nice buzz legally, would people resort to the other stuff ? Maybe, but maybe not.Pot is a mellow, happy drug.

Those hard drugs have no business being legal...they're killers. POT should not be included in this list of drugs...it's just not the same thing.
          Note that I am speaking here of recreational use of drugs- still not decided yet about medicinal use......

I think in many way pakas is even worse than the other drugs, for exactly the reason you gave for it being ok. Sure its a mellow happy drug. Problem is, it is too mellow. Pakalolo is almost insidious in how it steals time from you.

I smoked for many years, including those years Manoa mentions when it was easily available and acceptable. Hell, whole families smoked in almost every home in the housing I was raised in....in fact, I remember a bunch of us driving out in Nalo herbing in the car...cop drives pasts, looks at us smoking, smiles and drives on.....

And you know what/ All I can do is look back at how much time I lost , kickin it and smokin weed...just reams of years...lost....wasted being laid back...mellow. So mellow that I accomplished nothing during those years.

I went back to smokin for about a month, back about two years ago. Its was the last half of that semester of college. The stress was high in life, and I figured it would help me relax. HOOO BOY did it ever. I failed that semester... almost 700 down the tubes. but ya know, I did accomplish one thing... I garantee I can kick yer #$% online playing Soldier of fortune and Unreal tournement.... because thats all I did for those two months.....

never again.....

So , ya mon..... you lite up that doobie.... kick back.... and wake up 20 years later at 44 and wonder wtf happen to your life.....

Me I rather get high on God and His wonderful creation I live in and share wit ya all. I get more high smelling the white ginger and puakenikeni in my yard then I ever did from da bes hash budz

Alohas
          Last edited by Kahalu'u_Chrome; September 10, 2006, 09:55 PM.
          It doesn't take money to make someone smile for a little bit. All it takes is Aloha. ~ Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome

So , ya mon..... you lite up that doobie.... kick back.... and wake up 20 years later at 44 and wonder wtf happen to your life.....

Alohas
            Well, I can say the same thing for MY drug of choice...playing rock n roll.
            A few good stories here and there, but, NOW what ? You can say that for anything you misspend your youth on.

Look at it this way, if it was Coke, crack, smack or booze you were talking about, you most likely wouldn't be able to type this statement, cos you'd be DEAD.
            So, there IS a difference. And, yea, commiting your life to ANY drug is a BAD choice, but you're still alive to talk about it cos it was pot and not the other stuff. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              I own a very eeency share of one of the smaller wineries up here. But it's enough to get me discounts on the stuff we sell, so that's a good enough reason for me! We just bought out another small WA winery, Glen Fiona, which bottles some of the best Syrah I have ever tasted.
              Wow Miulang, my ears have perked up to a higher degree of peppiness. After that visit to Napa Valley, it is amazing how much this stuff gets under your skin. So would you say that as an active participant in the whole “turf talent” warfare gamesmanship going on along the California and Oregon coast, would you describe your hero to society as Robert Mondavi or Fred Franzia?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Certain HPD Officers do their best to fight the Drug War. Unfortunately, Chinatown will always be Chinatown.
                Aunty, you would do best to network with the Kukui Gardens ‘ohana because much of this community has banded together as a political force because of their rent situation. They’ve realized the power of their voice when spoken in unison, and are already taking to the streets to reclaim what has been taken from them by drug dealers, murderers and prostitutes. The state called a special meeting OUTSIDE of the regular legislative session, for Pete’s sake. Organize. Then you no need learn videotape. Someone will come check you out.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                  Aunty, you would do best to network with the Kukui Gardens ‘ohana because much of this community has banded together as a political force because of their rent situation. They’ve realized the power of their voice when spoken in unison, and are already taking to the streets to reclaim what has been taken from them by drug dealers, murderers and prostitutes. The state called a special meeting OUTSIDE of the regular legislative session, for Pete’s sake. Organize. Then you no need learn videotape. Someone will come check you out.
                  Das why I'm running for President of MWH Tenant Association and backing Karl Rhoads. In time. I know what I'm doing. When I'm ready...I'll be making a Big Statement!!!

MWH also banded together and got back our community the other month. We got rid of the Security thorugh Petition and now have Alii Security. We got back Pua Lane. MWH is once again ours!

Those who know me and "who" are "guilty" are skirming!!!

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2006, 05:44 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I removed this post. Carry on.
                    Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; September 11, 2006, 05:51 AM. Reason: TMI

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Kahalu'u_Chrome

You bring back an old memory. In college, I worked at Liquor Barn stocking shelves for a few months. I remember at the beginning of the month (when they get their SS checks) little old men and women totally stocking up with gallons upon gallons of the cheapest, vilest hootch you could imagine. Hundreds of dollars a month on a fixed income. I remember the clothes they wore, the cars they drove, how they smelled, the looks on their faces "just one more month, just one more month". It was sad, I quit because of that.

Alcohol is way more insiduous than weed will ever be.

Moderation with weed is attainable if you have discipline. I also know that not everyone has that kind of control. Too bad everyone ever associated with weed is incorrectly thrown into the Spicolli category or the Rastafarian category.
                      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                        Alcohol is way more insiduous than weed will ever be.

Moderation with weed is attainable if you have discipline. I also know that not everyone has that kind of control. Too bad everyone ever associated with weed is incorrectly thrown into the Spicolli category or the Rastafarian category.
                        My feelings exactly. Spicoli...LOL....One of my fave movies !

Comment

Moderation with weed is attainable if you have discipline. I also know that not everyone has that kind of control.

Moderation is the key with EVERYTHING in life. A little puff of pot after work, or right before you go on a good long run, is the greatest. A blast of meth right before you type that semester paper for Chemistry, that's due tomorrow morning, will keep you from failing. A tab of acid right before the laser light show is just the ticket.

A time and a place for everything........in moderation. It's the idiots who are addicted and let their lives fall apart. Stupid is stupid, whether or not you have addictive personality.

Discipline, among the human species, is in very short supply these days.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Having grown up with an alcoholic mother I'd have to say that I wish it was pot she had been overindulging in.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

the best thing I have *ever* heard at an al-anon meeting:

"there is no finer canvas painted of bullshit than that of the user™ who artfully justifies his usage with strokes of moderation, holier comparatives to those saps with deadlier addictions, the sonnet of the lookie-I'm-employed and at least I didn't kill nobodies".

pax

Comment

Proud to say that I've never used Crystal Meth. It was never something I wanted to do ~ I've seen it take some of my beloved ones.

It can make a sweet, kind, gentle person into a BEAST, it hurts to see relatives, friends using, I just want to wack 'em ova da head and say , "WAKE UP, STOP IT!"

Sorry, I'm getting all emotional now. but anyway I've never tried it, so like I really don't know what its like & how addictive it is, but from an outsider looking in, it seems like theres no reason at all to do it.

BUT, when it comes to KaYa.....its 100% natural
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X