Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Methamphetamine

Originally posted by timkona
    Moderation with weed is attainable if you have discipline. I also know that not everyone has that kind of control.

Moderation is the key with EVERYTHING in life. A little puff of pot after work, or right before you go on a good long run, is the greatest. A blast of meth right before you type that semester paper for Chemistry, that's due tomorrow morning, will keep you from failing. A tab of acid right before the laser light show is just the ticket.

A time and a place for everything........in moderation. It's the idiots who are addicted and let their lives fall apart. Stupid is stupid, whether or not you have addictive personality.

Discipline, among the human species, is in very short supply these days.
    TK, I have to disagree with you on this one. Crystal, Coke, Heroin, are all very addictive drugs, both physically AND mentally...studies prove this. Pot and Acid are not, tho pot has shown to be metally addictive in some people, but not physically.

There is NO moderation when it cmoes to heroin or coke. I had a friend die from heroin addiction, it's no joke. You can't POSSIBLY lump it all into one group and say that mere discipline can control this. Let's be reasonable now.

If you're gonna stay up studying all night for a college exam, use coffee, red bull or even nodoze, PLEASE not Crystal friggin Meth !
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
      Wow Miulang, my ears have perked up to a higher degree of peppiness. After that visit to Napa Valley, it is amazing how much this stuff gets under your skin. So would you say that as an active participant in the whole “turf talent” warfare gamesmanship going on along the California and Oregon coast, would you describe your hero to society as Robert Mondavi or Fred Franzia?
      I don't pay much attention to what's going on down to the south of me; there's enough excitement up here. The number of wineries in Washington State has exploded exponentially, and my winery is in the process of entering into a working agreement with a smaller local winery to market its bottles in our stores under our label. My winery (Silver Lake) is building a whole wine tasting "destination" in Woodinville, which is now becoming known as the wine capital of Western WA (Columbia Winery and Chateau St. Michelle Winery are right down the street from us).

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
        ...tho pot has shown to be metally addictive in some people, but not physically...
        There are many reports whose findings are to the contrary .
        an excerpt:
        Is marijuana addictive?
        No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

and because so many tokers have loved ones, this is for them although none would say any of this is news:

"A marijuana addict's life is controlled by marijuana. He or she loses interest in all else, their dreams go up in smoke. Marijuana addiction is a progressive illness often leading to addiction to other drugs, including alcohol. The lives, thinking and desires of marijuana addicts center around marijuana--scoring it, dealing it and finding ways to stay high.

It is the nature of addiction that addicts don't believe they are ill. Marijuana addicts, in particular, tend to believe that they must be "OK" since there are much worse drugs, and other people whose lives are much worse off as a result of their using. That is denial."

================================

and examples of this last paragraph are found throughout this thread.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
          There are many reports whose findings are to the contrary .
          an excerpt:
          Is marijuana addictive?
          No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

and because so many tokers have loved ones, this is for them although none would say any of this is news:

"A marijuana addict's life is controlled by marijuana. He or she loses interest in all else, their dreams go up in smoke. Marijuana addiction is a progressive illness often leading to addiction to other drugs, including alcohol. The lives, thinking and desires of marijuana addicts center around marijuana--scoring it, dealing it and finding ways to stay high.

It is the nature of addiction that addicts don't believe they are ill. Marijuana addicts, in particular, tend to believe that they must be "OK" since there are much worse drugs, and other people whose lives are much worse off as a result of their using. That is denial."

================================

and examples of this last paragraph are found throughout this thread.
          If we decriminalized marijuana... made it legal... then the final sentences of this statement would go away. People could grow there own without the fear of retribution.... they wouldn't ever run out...they wouldn't need to find or deal... and they wouldn't need to find alterior reasons to get high because of the lack of being able to find "Pot"

Comment

have you ever known a pothead whose smoking frequency decreased as a result of getting his/her med card? I haven't. I've seen the opposite. Weed can control lives like any other drug. And it holds loved ones hostage like any other drug. It parentalizes children to make excuses for their parents, like any other drug. And *none* of us would look our parents in the face, after watching them quit after decades of use and say, "why did you have to do that for?"

pax

Comment

Bud SmoKa's

"A marijuana addict's life is controlled by marijuana.FALSE*. He or she loses interest in all else, their dreams go up in smoke,FALSE*. Marijuana addiction is a progressive illness often leading to addiction to other drugs, including alcohol,FALSE*. The lives, thinking and desires of marijuana addicts center around marijuana--scoring it, dealing it and finding ways to stay high,FALSE.*
              * I took the liberty, in answering and correcting the above quote *

I don't get up EVERY morning thinking about budz, how I'm going to get it, when I'm going to do it. The first thing I want when I wake up is....COFFEE, Is that addictive? Then I look for my cigarettes ~ I mean cigarettes are addictive, are they ever going to bann those? No way, or not in my lifetime!

Loses interest in dreams, wrong again! I choriograph dances and I've found that I'm more CreaTive. But , wuteva ~ I don't Like to argue ,

I just think If you've never tried it, don't knock it....I've never tried mushrooms, don't want to ~ but I'm not gunna say anything about anyone who does... "wateva tickles your pickle".

Oh I do want to say HOW I end my day, I know a lot of people who after work have a drink, glass of wine maybe ~ me?, I have a bowl, and I'm gooood.
              ".
              Last edited by Got2HaVKaYaNoW; September 11, 2006, 01:08 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
                Of all the ways you could identify yourself on an internet board, an anonymous community where you have, at your disposal, 58 billion choices to say who you™ are, and who you™ want to be, and how you want the world to react to you, it says:

You have to have weed now. With a capital "N". Pscyhe experts would tear that up.

you took liberties. You answered me. But your answers contradict who you are™. And if you don't get a grip, it is going to define who you become. And only you can change it. When you want to. But you Got2WanT2BeSoberNoW.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                  you took liberties. You answered me. But your answers contradict who you are™. And if you don't get a grip, it is going to define who you become. And only you can change it. When you want to. But you Got2WanT2BeSoberNoW.
                  Yeeehaaa! Tita Pua'i Mana'o speaks the truth!

There is no excuse for Drugs. I know. I lived it. I survived it. My children were already adults except for one. Although I didn't bring it home...I came home tweaking. She knew. It affected her just the same. Luckily, she was tough like me and made the right choices.

It took years to gain her Love and Respect back. Today, she and her husband trust me to take care of their son. My precious Antonio. Today, I care for my granddaughter, Kiana too. If I was still a Cocaine Addict I probably wouldn't be typing this to tell you for I'd be in jail or DEAD.

No drugs. Be it Pakalolo, Cocaine, Meth, etc. is good. Even Alcohol can ruin one's Life. Anything even in moderation can lead to an addiction. I started out thinking I can control my intake. I was wrong. Everyone starts out thinking the same thing. We're Idiots. Bottom Line.

The feeling at first was numbing the pain and feeling great. A euphoria which engulfed my whole being. I didn't want it to end. For two years it was all I craved. For two years I chased and chased the first hit.

And then it ended.

No drug is worth the pain of losing one's mind and Love of your family.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2006, 05:04 PM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You have to have weed now. With a capital "N". Pscyhe experts would tear that up.

Hello ...My name is Kaya!!! & I've loved that song KaYa from Bob Marley & I like KaYa....Define who I will become?....change what? what is there to change in me? be sober so I can be like you? LOL, no thats ok.

There sure are alot of Saints in here...What is this HIna Mauka? LMAO
                    Last edited by Got2HaVKaYaNoW; September 11, 2006, 01:17 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello ...My name is Kaya!!! & I've loved that song KaYa from Bob Marley & I like KaYa....Define who I will become?....change what? what is there to change in me? be sober so I can be like you? LOL, no thats ok..
                      We are an Ohana here at HT. We all have our Opionions which we respect. However, like any family we show respect to our elders or those who have been here longer. Don't come barging in here and disrespecting.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hello ...My name is Kaya!!! & I've loved that song KaYa from Bob Marley & I like KaYa....Define who I will become?....change what? what is there to change in me? be sober so I can be like you? LOL, no thats ok..
                        Your name is Kaya?

I am sorry. Kaya is a synonym for weed.

Waitaminute....your moniker is "got to have KaYa now" and you spelled it the same way that you like "KaYa". And you didn't address yourself as "got to be Kaya". Your nick is still all about weed, but I see now why you identify so deeply with it.

And don't knock being sober until you have the guts and stamina to try it.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          We are an Ohana here at HT. We all have our Opionions which we respect. However, like any family we show respect to our elders or those who have been here longer. Don't come barging in here and disrespecting.

Auntie Lynn

Hui aunty
                          I neva disrespect no one in my comment on this thread, and you're right we all have our opinions, so wheres the respect with mine? Oh, just cuz Im not one ALII makes me one manini?

Read PuaiManaos reply again, s/he says i need to get a grip , respect? thats BS on HT. I've read all the things the OLD timers say ~ I don't see any aloha...oh yea except your offer to lei someone at the airport.

Thats mighty sweet of you.

KaYa
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: Bud SmoKa's

I don't get up EVERY morning thinking about budz, how I'm going to get it, when I'm going to do it. The first thing I want when I wake up is....COFFEE, Is that addictive? Then I look for my cigarettes ~ I mean cigarettes are addictive, are they ever going to bann those? No way, or not in my lifetime!

Loses interest in dreams, wrong again! I choriograph dances and I've found that I'm more CreaTive. But , wuteva ~ I don't Like to argue ,

I just think If you've never tried it, don't knock it....I've never tried mushrooms, don't want to ~ but I'm not gunna say anything about anyone who does... "wateva tickles your pickle".

Oh I do want to say HOW I end my day, I know a lot of people who after work have a drink, glass of wine maybe ~ me?, I have a bowl, and I'm gooood.
                            ".
                            Kaya - I have often heard the argument from "Artists, muscians, writers, etc. that say they are more creative when they smoke."

I don't think that is a good argument to make.

If your mind is clouded by smoke... you might think your being creative... however, just imagine how much more creative you could be if your mind wasn't clouded?
                            and if you say you no like argue...then quit doing just that!

We get the idea... you will be who you are... your blunt and you enjoy the weed... however, it's people like this...that make it more difficult for people like mom...to get the understanding from the public about some of the medicinal benefits of weed.

Comment

Hui aunty
                              I neva disrespect no one in my comment on this thread, and you're right we all have our opinions, so wheres the respect with mine? Oh, just cuz Im not one ALII makes me one manini?

Read PuaiManaos reply again, s/he says i need to get a grip , respect? thats BS on HT. I've read all the things the OLD timers say ~ I don't see any aloha...oh yea except your offer to lei someone at the airport.

Thats mighty sweet of you.

KaYa
                              We have alot of Aloha on HT. Read our Archives. It's not only me. We have alot of stories of others things our members have done. Too many to count.

I apologize for saying you have to respect the elders. It should be respect to each other. It doesn't matter whether one is an Alii or a Haumana. We are all the same.

Love & Aloha

Auntie Lynn
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 11, 2006, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Kaya,

For what its worth, I don't think our conversation with each other has been disrespectful, even though I can appreciate Aunty Lynn's comments. As for getting a grip, I mean on mj usage.

I am not going to speak for you. But in my shoes, it was *hard* growing up under potheads. It was easy start smoking myself. It was *hard* to quit. It is *hard* to have a positive relationship with those loved ones when they still use.

If I come off as a hard ass, I apologize. I don't want to yell; I want to be heard. Growing up like this, and fighting my own demons makes me one, but I cannot apologize for that. Sobriety is hard-won.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X