Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like 'Whose Line is it anyway?' Go to a live improv show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like 'Whose Line is it anyway?' Go to a live improv show!

I just came back from a live improv show called "on the spot" at Mark's garage downtown, and if you like ABC Family's "Whose line is it anyway", then you'll love on the spot.

Basically, its a local version of the Whose line show, with similar sketches. This was my first time to a live improv show (or live anything) and because we had to do this for my english class, I thought it was going to be boring, but I was wrong. Each scene was a laughfest, and since the room was packed with people, I don't think no one was afraid to laugh and make suggestions.

The $10 admission was well worth it, and I'll try to bring my family to the next show (which is on Sept 3 @ 8pm)

EDIT: Here's some pics of the show (if I had video, then I'd record it, but then the sound will be filled with laughter)
    Last edited by adrian; August 6, 2005, 11:05 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Like 'Whose Line is it anyway?' Go to a live improv show!

I heard Wayne Brady from the real whose line is going to be here later this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Babooze
      I heard Wayne Brady from the real whose line is going to be here later this month.
      Yeah, if it'll be the same thing, then save $20 and see a local show.

Comment

There are two Improv groups that I know of here on Oahu, Loose Screws (http://www.loosescrews.org/) and Lizard Loft's On the Spot. Often the two collaborate, and I know Loose Screws went to the Chicago Improv festival.

The improv shows at The ARTS at Marks Garage are held once a month and have varying themes. For example, once it was spoofing cheesy sci-fi movies, and another time it was dedicated to improvised Kabuki. If you go to the website for Marks Garage, you can find out when the shows are (usually the first Sat. of the month). Their schedule website:http://www.artsatmarks.com/shedule.htm

If you get a chance to check 'em out some time, I highly recommend it. It's relatively inexpensive and pretty funny too. Don't be late, though...they won't let you in. Often, too, it seems to get sold out, as Marks Garage is a small performance space.

Comment

Oh yeah, if you want pics, then go here (again, pics taken with my motorola v300 $125 camera phone, so don't fret that its bad quality)

Comment

Working...
          X