Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite fast-food restaurants you frequent in Hawaii.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite fast-food restaurants you frequent in Hawaii..

Originally posted by Miulang
    Wow. Snackers cost $1.29 in Hawai'i? I can get 'em for 99 cents up here. (It costs that much to fly frozen chicken from the Mainland to Hawai'i?) And at McD's, we have double cheeseburgers for $1.00 and McChicken sandwiches for $1.00.

Miulang
    We got the McD $1.00 chicken sandwiches, but yeah, those KFC snackers aren't 99 cents here. Last time I got one (end o' July) from the KFC on Keeaumoku, the cashier was quick to say it wasn't 99 cents because I'm sure lots of people were complaining that the commercials were misleading (gotta love that fine print about "select locations" offering the sandwich for 99 cents!). The KFC on McCully was the same way a month earlier than that...it was $1.29 there too, and at the time I wasn't expecting it to be that much. Same thing in Kaneohe--$1.29 for the snacker.

Comment

I have a soft spot in my heart for the burgers from Rainbow Drive-In on Kapahulu. Boy that sauce is tasty. Mmmmmmm, mayonnaise!

Comment

Oh yah, totally forgot that one Rainbow Drive inn. I like the strawberry slush as well. The mixed plate is one for the ages too.
        Last edited by saigonwarrior; August 11, 2005, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro

I have a soft spot in my heart for the burgers from Rainbow Drive-In on Kapahulu.
          I haven't eaten there in years. Is it still the same seating-wise with maybe only around six outdoor picnic benches for everyone to sit on? I think I started to avoid going there because of the lack of being able to sit down and grind comfortably, not to mention the iffy availability of parking spaces. Hard to beat their ono mac salad!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            I have a soft spot in my heart for the burgers from Rainbow Drive-In on Kapahulu.
            I have a hard spot in my heart from those burgers. Think it's the left ventricle artery.

Comment

Tex Ono Kine Food/drive in. There are two locations on the Big Island. One north and one south. Check out the kalua pork and cabbage wrap. Wash it down with an orange whatever that stuff is in the swirly machine. Hot fresh malasadas for dessert. I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Comment

I used to like Burger land in kapahulu when I lived there back in the early 70's Opp's showing my age.Anyway it's gone knom but rainbow drive inn is still there the best strawberry shake Number #1 also kahuku try Kaylas for garlic shrimp was there back in april 2006 was ono,or try St.Louis drive inn had a mahemahe sand sorry for miss spelling it was hudge and was OOOOOOO so good.

Comment

My favorite fast-food restaurants I frequent here in Hawaii:

1. Jack In The Box
                  2. Taco Bell
                  3. KFC
                  4. Arby's
                  5. McDonald's
                  6. Wendy's
                  7. Burger King
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Gotta be K'S DRIVE INN AND L&L !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                      Hiro's Place and Verna's Drive-In.
                      Hiro's is the one in the KTA complex?

I went to Verna's in Keaau for the first time this past summer. When I'm in Hilo, I take a "nostalgia tour" at Cafe 100, K's Drive In, Blane's (was originally Chaddy's back then), and Itsu's. Also, is the one on Kawailani Street near Waiakeawaena School named Candy's?

Comment

For 2019 to about February 2020:

Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Oh My Grill

Mainly because I moved to another (but close by) neighborhood (a different Taco Bell) and a couple of places moved out (KFC) and a couple of places moved in (Burger King, Oh My Grill).

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC are in walking distance from my home. Plate lunch places would be Mahalo BBQ and U Choice Drive In for starters.

Comment

Working...
                        X