Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you say are the TOP 5 celebrities with Hawaiian connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would you say are the TOP 5 celebrities with Hawaiian connection?

Don Ho
    Bruddah Iz
    Konishiki
    Keanu Reeves
    Jason Scott Lee

Comment

I believe Don Ho is the ultimate top celebrity with Hawaiian connections. His funeral at Waikiki was one that has never been topped...EVER! His name is synonyms with Hawaii. Like Micky Mouse is to Disney Land, Don Ho is Waikiki.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I believe Don Ho is the ultimate top celebrity with Hawaiian connections. His funeral at Waikiki was one that has never been topped...EVER!
        I dunno about that, Craig. I think the funeral for Bruddah IZ may have topped it, or at least equalled it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          I dunno about that, Craig. I think the funeral for Bruddah IZ may have topped it, or at least equalled it.
          As much as Israel (his friends never called him IZ) was big I don't think his presence was as large as Don Ho's. So when Don Ho died his death was felt around the world. Israel died before his fame eclipsed him.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I don't think his presence was as large as Don Ho's. So when Don Ho died his death was felt around the world. Israel died before his fame eclipsed him.
            I agree that Don Ho had more of a worldwide impact, but my response was to your statement about Ho saying
            His funeral at Waikiki was one that has never been topped...EVER!
            My reference, then, was to the actual funeral service itself (which I thought was your point), not to worldwide recognition. Comprende,amigo?
            Sounds like we're basically on the same page.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
            X