I love Disneyland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Disneyland!

Okay, I'm bit of a nut, but I absolutely LOVE Disneyland (and Disneyworld). We spent our honeymoon in 1993 at Disneyworld, but hadn't gone back to Disney 'til this past December when our children were 8 and 4 years old. And now we won a trip so we're going next month.

Anyone else more excited than their children about Disneyland? I was trying to plan a return trip as soon as we got back from the one in December. Opinions on favorite rides? "Must-sees"? Things to avoid?

At this rate, I'll never get to Vegas.

Re: I love Disneyland!

How funny. My wife & I spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld, too, but we went in 1994. We took are kids there for the first time at Xmas time, 2002, and that was nuts - way too crowded!

Comment

I've known couples to take their honeymoons in Paris or Venice or Barbados or Bali or the Maldives but never heard of any that went to Disneyland.Don't
      think I even know of any adult couples that ever went that didn't have kids either.

Comment

i love d.land, too. we have free airline coupons, and anaheim here we come. the most important thing about having a good time a d.land is to NOT go during the summer or christmas vacations, when the place is packed and the fun reduced to nearly zero due to long lines.
        other than that, you can hardly go wrong!

Comment

Hey Southkona I live 20 minutes away from D-land need anything in town let me know

Comment

What are some good places to eat at within walking distance of Disneyland (Anaheim)?
            just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
              What are some good places to eat at within walking distance of Disneyland (Anaheim)?
              Can't remember the roads, but DL is sandwiched between 2 main thoroughfares. Both have an assortment of eating places one can take the family. Unfortunately for us, we were in a motel at the outer rim of the resort area and only had a Scarf'n'Barf (Denny's) nearby. Dang deep fried foods got old real quick.

Depending where you stay, most of the restaurants are in walking distance, but keep in mind that the restaurants in the resort area are expensive. More so in DL. Paid close to $20 for a hamburger, but seeing Mel's face light up when she met all the DL princesses was priceless.

We did manage to find an Italian restaurant behind our motel as well as a small Mexican place that had killer breakfast burritos. A mile walk got us to a local Hometown Buffet. You can get picky at this place and actually eat healthy. They even served rice because of the large Korean population in the area. All these places had very reasonable prices because they were actually "outside" the resort area.

Come to think of it, our motel was in the "back" of DL. The motels at the main entrance were more whimsical and colorful. It would be safe to assume the restaurants on that side are going to be pretty pricey.

Shucks. Forgot to add that there's a fairly decent shuttle service in the resort area. If you want to get to the "other side" to eat, you can always wait at the nearest shuttle stop. I think they ran till 9 or 10 pm everynight. I guess that would vary according to the season.
              Last edited by Da Rolling Eye; March 10, 2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Neva been to D-Land.
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

There's a Tony Roma's near Disneyland. Also...California Adventure has a few restaurants, as well as a House of Blues....All very overpriced...naturally....Mickey Mouse likes his money in big bills.
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I was 13 and lived 40 min. away when Disneyland opened. My junior high "boyfriend" was also 13. His mother worked at Disneyland! It just didn't get much better than that for a couple of 13 year olds!

Comment

Remembering the first time we went brings back fond memories. Riding the spaceships in Tomorrowland was the best. They also had a "bumper car" thang that rode on air, kinda like air hockey. You had to lean in the direction you wanted to go. Davy Crockett was popular back then and we had to get coon hats and toy muskets to play in the fort at Frontierland. We also visited a place called Santa's Village and had my first rollercoaster ride at POP, Pacific Ocean Park. A wooden job that shook the guts out of you. It hurt.

You know? I can't remember what we ate or where we ate our meals. I guess it was that bad that I subconsciously blocked the memory.

For some reason, I do remember golden arches.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                        [...]We also visited a place called Santa's Village[...]
                        The one between Arrowhead and Big Bear? I looooooved that place!

Comment

Going to Disneyland During Christmas Time

We'll be going to Disneyland in California a few days after Christmas and from what I've heard...it is the worst time of the year to go (as in dealing with crowds and line waiting). Anybody ever gone during Christmas time???

PS: Also- I was wondering if anyone has those vouchers that allow preferred seating to some of the shows in Disneyland or to see the parade or any other vouchers or coupons for that matter. Please let me know if you want to trade or sell.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X