Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha, I stay in Japan now.

I stay here now.
    Before it was Farrington for some three years. Finish that place 1972.
    Lucky was not for more. What with we went for do at the beach and all.
    Like cut da school, go down to AlaMoana for whatever, or out to Sandys for the free concert they had going Wednesdays.
    Or hitch up to Tantalus with skate board for one freak ride down dat road! HooBro look out, some turn, you can not make it at speed.

Some leason for life to learn from those things I think.
    Hawaii will be with me forever. I learned about some magic from those Islands. With good friends we explored that place and we discovered a whole world.
    Maybe you can feel it too.

Aloha Mahalo,
    Robert Taylor

Re: Aloha, I stay in Japan now.

Welcome, Robert. So how do you like living in Japan? Big change from Hawai'i, yeah? No more "laid back"...everything rush rush rush over there?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

well, yes if you live in a place like osaka or tokyo but one of the great things about japan is the countryside. can you believe that eating noodles in a place with thatched roofs that go back 100 years is no big deal? there are many, many small towns of populations of around 10,000 that make you feel like you've been caught in a time warp. i count myself super lucky to have lived in such a place for seven years.

robert, i hope you have a blast there but remember that you're a guest and i hope you'll give hawaii a good name...
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Where are you in Japan?

I'm right across the sea of what Koreans call 'The East Side'.. or what the rest of the world calls 'The Sea of Japan'.

What turmoil that is.. I was teaching a special class on geography with world maps in English.. 'Sea of Japan' as well as Toshimi Island (Dokdo to the Koreans) do not go over well here.

As for me, I love Japan though.

Comment

hey tigerbeer, you probably already know this (and this might be something of interest to robert): you can catch a ferry from korea to niigata; a cool way to travel if you have the time....
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

i did take a ferry from Busan to Shimonseki and back.

Now days I'm living in Seoul.. already taken one flight to Tokyo, two flights to Osaka (one of the times to see Kyoto), and my last time over found a flight to Fukuoka.

Fukuoka was the most beautiful and most interesting.

Comment

I stay at a small town in the Japan Alps region. Laid back life here.
              Took the ferry from Osaka to China once in 94.

Comment

Working...
              X