Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

Well, isolated here on Maui I can offer that Koho's has one of the best burgers on island (especially the teri-burger).

What about Oahu and other islands??

**feels a rumbly in my tumbly, now**

Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

Jack-in-the-Box's Jumbo Jack as far as good bargin and not messy to eat like either the Burger King's Whopper or the McDonald's Big Mac. Not to mention ease of getting it. Wendy's single burger is a good second as well as Jack-in-the-Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger (price and no veggies makes this sandwich a guilty pleasure).

Some of the other burgers at McDonalds and Burger King are okay but I rarely go to them.

The burgers from the local places are okay if you like to pay higher prices for it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      The burgers from the local places are okay if you like to pay higher prices for it.
      Er, yeah, these are the ones I'm talking about as I'm kind of a passionate burger elitist.

And having the juice drip down my arms as I shove the burger in my face is a real fetish of mine...

Comment

Hmm. The only two that come to mind are Teddy's Bigger Burgers on Monsarrat near Diamond Head, and Kua `Aina Burger (North Shore preferred, but Ward will do). I've only had the former once, but the latter I can't stay away from!

Comment

The Shack - Mililani

Comment

My favorite is at Bubba Gump's, Ala Moana.

Comment

I agree with pzarquon. Teddy's and Kua `Aina are the best. W & M near St. Louis / Chaminade is also a real institution but their burgers are kind of flat compared to the other two. I actually liked Big City Diner's Kim Chee Burger but have to admit that there was nothing amazing about the burger itself other than having kim chee on the top. . .

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Hmm. The only two that come to mind are Teddy's Bigger Burgers on Monsarrat near Diamond Head, and Kua `Aina Burger (North Shore preferred, but Ward will do). I've only had the former once, but the latter I can't stay away from!
              Sun-Ki Chai
              崔勝基 (최승기)
              sunki@hawaii.edu
              www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Comment

If this was 25 years ago and on the Big Island I say Cafe 100.

I know that they sell hamburgers at L&L Drive In but if I go there I tend to have BBQ Chicken Plate lunch instead, unless it's a Saturday where the Young Street location has it's daily special of BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak.

Comment

On our way to school every morning, we'd get off the bus at Waianae Bakery and order hamburger deluxe. They had the best hamburger I ever tasted. For French Fries, we'd go to Tasty Freeze, next to Waianae Store, because they served it with a mixture of mustard and mayonaise instead of ketchup (upon request).

*reminiscent smile*

Ok, now I'm homesick and hungry for local foods
                  Send POI

Comment

Definitley Kua'aina all the way. Teddy's comes in close second though.

-vic
                    Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

Oh, I gotta add the "Blues" Burger at Ruby's here on Maui.

Comment

cheesecake factory got some ono burgers too...check it out for lunch.
                        Fair and Balanced

Comment

Gordon Biersch, for the burger with bits of bleu cheese in it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Teddy's gets my vote!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              Gordon Biersch, for the burger with bits of bleu cheese in it.
                              Burger, garlic fries and the beer. Went there a few weeks ago, they had three other burger varations for the same price as the standard burger. Two I can't remember but the one I tried was the mushroom and swiss cheese. It was good.

Comment

Working...
                              X