Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 234

Thread: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach and North Carolina area
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo55
    yea it counts. only to three.
    otherwise; a burger. in oregon. with fruit on it that is not indigenous to Hawaii.
    yea. i would say -yes.
    that has nothing whatever to do with the subject. but i threadrift too. so have at it.
    They call it a Bonzai Aloha Burger!! Does that help?? J/K HEY it's not my name for it! Yell at RROBIN

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    makes as much sense as the mainland thang of calling it "Hawaiian Pizza" cuz it has Pineapple, (Not really a Hawaiian fruit) and canadian bacon!

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach and North Carolina area
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Cause there is so much pig farming in Hawai'i and CANADA! LOL....None in Idaho or anywhere like that!

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,596

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Pineapple may not be indigenous to Hawaii, but we should at least feel fortunate that it's synonymous with us! Same for Macadamia Nuts and many other things that ring "Hawaii" top-of-mind. It's good for tourism and our economy.

    Bonzai Aloha Burger sounds cool. Bonzai>Japan>Teriyaki Sauce. Yup. Aloha>Hawaii>Pineapple. Yup. Makes sense.

    Tutusue, if your Little Grass Shack in Makaha gets the Duke's neon sign, I want visitation rights with a contract that includes "bottomless" Lavaflow & Tropical Itch cocktails.

    blueyecicle, diggin' that pink do!
    Last edited by Pomai; August 6th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    tutu would say yes, I assume... as long as you brings da rum.
    I got da vodka and recipes and mugs covered...
    http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/special/trop.htm

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach and North Carolina area
    Posts
    1,688

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pomai
    Pineapple may not be indigenous to Hawaii, but we should at least feel fortunate that it's synonymous with us! Same for Macadamia Nuts and many other things that ring "Hawaii" top-of-mind. It's good for tourism and our economy.

    Bonzai Aloha Burger sounds cool. Bonzai>Japan>Teriyaki Sauce. Yup. Aloha>Hawaii>Pineapple. Yup. Makes sense.

    Tutusue, if your Little Grass Shack in Makaha gets the Duke's neon sign, I want visitation rights with a contract that includes "bottomless" Lavaflow & Tropical Itch cocktails.

    blueyecicle, diggin' that pink do!
    So did everyone on the island when I visited! Here they point and laugh and say rude things....every day!! all day!! There they just gave me the thumb pinky sign and said Hey Pink Pantha!
    Big difference from my every day life!

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    My Bedroom
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pomai
    Pineapple may not be indigenous to Hawaii, but we should at least feel fortunate that it's synonymous with us! Same for Macadamia Nuts and many other things that ring "Hawaii" top-of-mind.
    Don't forget Don Ho and Coconuts too.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by blueyecicle
    So did everyone on the island when I visited! Here they point and laugh and say rude things....every day!! all day!! There they just gave me the thumb pinky sign and said Hey Pink Pantha!
    Big difference from my every day life!
    well, we celebrate diversity and individuality and sometimes the creative in yer face celebration of it by t'rowin da shakaaa sign.
    but dat can be da thumb pinky sign too.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keanu
    Don't forget Don Ho and Coconuts too.
    Don Ho's coconuts?! whaaa...

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,928

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo55
    tutu would say yes, I assume... as long as you brings da rum.
    I got da vodka and recipes and mugs covered...
    http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/special/trop.htm
    Kimo... bring da boat!!!

    What ever happened to the HT catamaran thing????

    2:00 Dukes... then off for a Sunset Catamaran Cruise.... sounds too good...

    Can the HT gods make this happen?

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Yeah, Let's plan a get-together. Time is of essence.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    time isn't of essence.

    time is OF the essence.
    completely different aminal, gurl.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Up in da boonies!!
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    U guys stay always planning one get together! Can you guys plan one foa da end of da year, so dat way I can come? I still coming at the end of da year and I like meet some of you if not ALL....heehee We stay getting one mini get togeda set up for LV on one odda site next month so now I stay all excited fo meet all kine new people!
    Live for today....tommorow is never promised

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo55
    tutu would say yes, I assume... as long as you brings da rum.
    I got da vodka and recipes and mugs covered...
    http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/special/trop.htm
    Oooh...those look lethal!

    I can provide the ingredients; no problem. I'm at a loss when it comes to bartending skills. Ya get me past a cheap jug of chardonnay and I'm lost!

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo55
    time isn't of essence.

    time is OF the essence.
    completely different aminal, gurl.
    Ok. Whatever you say. Just plan something.

    I bring pupu's (da food kine)

    Localgrl, no worry. Wen you come, we make something. Right in time foa the holidays. I always throw one big party at my hale. You invited!!!

    Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 6th, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    10,240

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    As a friendly reminder if anyone wants to plan a gathering please make a new thread for that purpose. Please keep the focus of this thread on hamburgers.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Posts
    9,519

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by helen
    As a friendly reminder if anyone wants to plan a gathering please make a new thread for that purpose. Please keep the focus of this thread on hamburgers.
    Wat if we planning one Hamburger Party? We pay you next Tuesday or sumting lil dat!

    Nah, Helen. Joke.

    Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue
    Oooh...those look lethal!

    I can provide the ingredients; no problem. I'm at a loss when it comes to bartending skills. Ya get me past a cheap jug of chardonnay and I'm lost!
    I was a bartender. for yeeeaaaarrsss.
    I was a BUT...ler for yeaaarrrsss...

  19. #144
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,596

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo55
    I was a bartender. for yeeeaaaarrsss.
    I was a BUT...ler for yeaaarrrsss...
    I can invite Christine to mix it up. She's easier on the eye than you Kimo. lol j/k.

    You can be butler though and answer Tutusue's door. It will be a busy place with that whole LGS-Duke's thing goin' on.

    I'll tend to the grill downstairs, fire'n' up some of them Makaha Beachside Burgers! (see Helen, I stay on topic!).

  20. #145
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    3,596

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by localgrl
    U guys stay always planning one get together! Can you guys plan one foa da end of da year, so dat way I can come?
    You know 'dat sistah. Hawaii style, any reason fo' 'trow party, we trow 'em!

    I no 'tink nobody like start one thread about it, odda' wise bumbai dey going have to be da' kowordinadah.

    Just to stay on topic, I'll bump my nomination for Hawaii's Best Hamburger again (different angle). Notice the the thick, hand-made all-beef patty with the nicely charred outer crust. The menu doesn't indicate weight, but I'm estimating at least 8 oz. (half pound). It just drips with juicy, BBQ beef flavor. So ono...


  21. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pomai
    [...]You can be butler though and answer Tutusue's door. It will be a busy place with that whole LGS-Duke's thing goin' on.

    I'll tend to the grill downstairs, fire'n' up some of them Makaha Beachside Burgers! (see Helen, I stay on topic!).
    Oh kewl...burger party at tutusue's! Less driving for me! Yay! Wait...can let only 2 guests in at a time...make that one if Kimo is the butler! Four hundred square feet makes for very intimate get togethers!

  22. #147

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine
    Wat if we planning one Hamburger Party? We pay you next Tuesday or sumting lil dat!

    Nah, Helen. Joke.

    Auntie Lynn
    NT, I wondered if anyone else picked up on your "Wimpy" reference...I get 'em!

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lihue
    Posts
    2,117

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio
    NT, I wondered if anyone else picked up on your "Wimpy" reference...I get 'em!
    oooooooh...Popeye...that's old skool.

    mmm...popeye's chicken.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,947

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio
    NT, I wondered if anyone else picked up on your "Wimpy" reference...I get 'em!
    I got it the moment. and was duly impressed. thot it maybe was an accident...

  25. #150

    Default Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

    Danger of reading this kind of thread before lunch --- I HAD to go get a hamburger!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •