This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Everytime You View thread...

I'm the one who doesn't like American Karaoke Idol and just doesn't care who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      This may be the greatest thread in the history of message boards.
      Welcome to what is known in forum circles as a "padding thread." Pointless, fun, and a way to boost your post count to inflate your board cred. Admittedly, Kukui_Nut started this with a pretty open theme, so anything goes.

I imagine future "random" threads will be stuff like, "What did you have for lunch today?" or "What's the first line on the fifth page in the nearest book or document to you right now?"

Comment

Originally posted by kukui_nut
        Oh, gee thanks...

"Eres Tu" and "Dominica" are two songs that are forever lodged in my mental wav. files.
        And these surface, well, all too often...
        [/size]

"Eres Tu" was a hit for Mocedades in 1974.
        "Dominque" was a hit for The Singing Nun in 1963.

Here are more songs to stick in your mental wav file....

"Winchester Cathedral" by The New Vaudville Band - 1966
        "Me Japanese Boy (I Love You)" by Liz Damon & the Orient Express - 1973
        "The Lord's Prayer" by Sister Janet Mead - 1974

OK... so much for song trivia.....

BTW, I have yet to locate a copy of "Cheryl Moana Marie" by John Rowles on CD.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          "Dominque" was a hit for The Singing Nun in 1963.
          Visions of The Ed Sullivan Show just flashed through my mind.

Originally posted by mel
          "Me Japanese Boy (I Love You)" by Liz Damon & the Orient Express - 1973

BTW, I have yet to locate a copy of "Cheryl Moana Marie" by John Rowles on CD.
          I don't know about John Rowles but the Tower Records on Kapiolani Blvd. sells the Liz Damon CD with 1900 Yesteryear (or was that 1900 Yesterday) on it.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I imagine future "random" threads will be stuff like, "What did you have for lunch today?" or "What's the first line on the fifth page in the nearest book or document to you right now?"
            oooooo...we can?

Comment

Leimano: My son will be taking a tour group to the Hokkaido area, they go to Sapporo and areas around there. They usually spend a day in Tokyo but not this time. My son taught English in Japan about eight years ago, he stayed in the Tokyo area (Setagaya-ku) but traveled all the Tokyo area. Boy is it HOT during the summer!
              Retired Senior Member

Comment

"I'm typing this from a computer terminal in Hamilton Library. On my way here, I tried to get two kitties to come say hi."

Good luck trying to get that adorable new one by the post office to say hi.

I'm been feeding the mama since she was that size, and then her two children. Barbara the Cat Lady managed to catch mama and the two kids, took them off to the vet for that unmentionable operation and returned them. Alas, she didn't get mama until a second batch was produced.

Well, not sure about "batch", have only thus far gotten a peek at one. And what a total sweetheart that one is.

Comment

John Rowles
                  Voice of a Legend The Millennium Collection - Volume 2

1. My Special Corner Of The World (new single)
                  2. This Is The Moment
                  3. Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye)
                  4. Cheryl Moana Marie

I found this album on John Rowles web site. The guy still selling albums.

Comment

Howzit,
                    It just hailed pea size ice. Wow, couldn't finish pulling the weeds. But no matter, at least I can read more post and spend time surfing...LOL.

Not much else is going on here but I thought I'd post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                      Boy is it HOT during the summer!
                      That's putting it mildly - When we first got here (in the month of August), I wondered why my husband carried along a face towel. The next day, when we ventured out during the day, I understood why EVERYONE carried along a face towel. It's so humid here, almost unbearable. What gets me is that most Japanese businessmen/business women will still wear BLACK. I know they must be dying under their clothes.

As for the price of Gas here, since I really don't have a choice of where to purchase mine, (I get mine from the base gas station) I think it's close to $2.00. I'll double check to confirm.
                      Send POI

Comment

The Liz Damon album available on CD is the 1970 White Whale release that contains her Top 40 hit "1900 Yesterday." The "Me Japanese Boy" album came out in 1973 on Delilah Records and is currently unavailable.

As for John Rowles, I have seen CDs listed with "Cheryl Moana Marie" but I am not sure if it is the original track recorded in 1969-70 for Kapp/MCA records. I am sure Rowles has recorded the song a few more times on live albums and later mixes, but nothing would beat the original (Hawaii) hit version on Kapp/MCA Records.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

As for John Rowles, I have seen CDs listed with "Cheryl Moana Marie" but I am not sure if it is the original track recorded in 1969-70 for Kapp/MCA records. I am sure Rowles has recorded the song a few more times on live albums and later mixes, but nothing would beat the original (Hawaii) hit version on Kapp/MCA Records.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Maybe one of the old radio stations might have an original copy. maybe KCCN or the other old time stations.

Comment

I spent hours trying to build a rock wall along my creeks. Where are those menehunes when you need them.....LOL.

Comment

42 posts and 300+ views. tsk tsk tsk... Some people aren't posting when they view are they?
                              Send POI

Comment

A good number of the views are done by "Guest" who cannot reply to posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X