Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Everytime You View thread...

Default Re: Post Everytime You View thread...

Quote Originally Posted by aleno
    Another song I recently remember was Cheryl Moana Marie.
    Oh, gee thanks...
    Now it's stuck in MY head...

At the risk of aging myself, this was the song we danced to for May Day in the 5th grade...

"Eres Tu" and "Dominica" are two songs that are forever lodged in my mental wav. files.
    And these surface, well, all too often...
    Just realized that they're both latino...hmmm, wassup wit dat?

Much mahalo Leimamo. That's the guy....LOL John rowles.
    You know what??????? I stay begining to think pidgin....hahahaha. Boy, now the memory coming back to me. I must thank this bord for giving me part of my heritage back. I can't wait to talk to my son to let him know how fo talk pidgin. I usually correct myself when eva the pidgin would surface but now, I think I can let loose.

Like they say around hea.....my life wasn't peaches and cream but I still do have fond memories of my childhood. Like the song goes.....these are the days of my youth....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha
    Now I know where in Japan you are...I asked where on another thread. My son will not be in the Tokyo-Osaka area this time! How long are you and the family at Yokosuka?
    Oi vey, sorry Mocha. I didn't seen your question at the other thread about where in Japan I live. We've been here for almost 3 years and have another year until we head back home. What area will he be at?

Quote Originally Posted by kukui_nut
    Oh, gee thanks...
    Now it's stuck in MY head...

At the risk of aging myself, this was the song we danced to for May Day in the 5th grade...
    heh. It was one of the songs we danced hula too which is why I remember it so well.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener
    This may be the greatest thread in the history of message boards.
    Indeed, hopefully there iis no limit to the number of responses one can have in a thread.

If there is a limit well let's hope is a high one.

I'm the one who doesn't like American Karaoke Idol and just doesn't care who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener
    This may be the greatest thread in the history of message boards.
    Welcome to what is known in forum circles as a "padding thread." Pointless, fun, and a way to boost your post count to inflate your board cred. Admittedly, Kukui_Nut started this with a pretty open theme, so anything goes.

I imagine future "random" threads will be stuff like, "What did you have for lunch today?" or "What's the first line on the fifth page in the nearest book or document to you right now?"

Quote Originally Posted by kukui_nut
    Oh, gee thanks...

"Eres Tu" and "Dominica" are two songs that are forever lodged in my mental wav. files.
    And these surface, well, all too often...
    [/size]

"Eres Tu" was a hit for Mocedades in 1974.
    "Dominque" was a hit for The Singing Nun in 1963.

Here are more songs to stick in your mental wav file....

"Winchester Cathedral" by The New Vaudville Band - 1966
    "Me Japanese Boy (I Love You)" by Liz Damon & the Orient Express - 1973
    "The Lord's Prayer" by Sister Janet Mead - 1974

OK... so much for song trivia.....

BTW, I have yet to locate a copy of "Cheryl Moana Marie" by John Rowles on CD.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mel
    "Dominque" was a hit for The Singing Nun in 1963.
    Visions of The Ed Sullivan Show just flashed through my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mel
    "Me Japanese Boy (I Love You)" by Liz Damon & the Orient Express - 1973

BTW, I have yet to locate a copy of "Cheryl Moana Marie" by John Rowles on CD.
    I don't know about John Rowles but the Tower Records on Kapiolani Blvd. sells the Liz Damon CD with 1900 Yesteryear (or was that 1900 Yesterday) on it.

Wink Re: Post Everytime You View thread...

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    I imagine future "random" threads will be stuff like, "What did you have for lunch today?" or "What's the first line on the fifth page in the nearest book or document to you right now?"
    oooooo...we can?

Leimano: My son will be taking a tour group to the Hokkaido area, they go to Sapporo and areas around there. They usually spend a day in Tokyo but not this time. My son taught English in Japan about eight years ago, he stayed in the Tokyo area (Setagaya-ku) but traveled all the Tokyo area. Boy is it HOT during the summer!

"I'm typing this from a computer terminal in Hamilton Library. On my way here, I tried to get two kitties to come say hi."

Good luck trying to get that adorable new one by the post office to say hi.

I'm been feeding the mama since she was that size, and then her two children. Barbara the Cat Lady managed to catch mama and the two kids, took them off to the vet for that unmentionable operation and returned them. Alas, she didn't get mama until a second batch was produced.

Well, not sure about "batch", have only thus far gotten a peek at one. And what a total sweetheart that one is.

John Rowles
    Voice of a Legend The Millennium Collection - Volume 2

1. My Special Corner Of The World (new single)
    2. This Is The Moment
    3. Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye)
    4. Cheryl Moana Marie

I found this album on John Rowles web site. The guy still selling albums.

Howzit,
    It just hailed pea size ice. Wow, couldn't finish pulling the weeds. But no matter, at least I can read more post and spend time surfing...LOL.

Not much else is going on here but I thought I'd post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha
    Boy is it HOT during the summer!
    That's putting it mildly - When we first got here (in the month of August), I wondered why my husband carried along a face towel. The next day, when we ventured out during the day, I understood why EVERYONE carried along a face towel. It's so humid here, almost unbearable. What gets me is that most Japanese businessmen/business women will still wear BLACK. I know they must be dying under their clothes.

As for the price of Gas here, since I really don't have a choice of where to purchase mine, (I get mine from the base gas station) I think it's close to $2.00. I'll double check to confirm.

The Liz Damon album available on CD is the 1970 White Whale release that contains her Top 40 hit "1900 Yesterday." The "Me Japanese Boy" album came out in 1973 on Delilah Records and is currently unavailable.

As for John Rowles, I have seen CDs listed with "Cheryl Moana Marie" but I am not sure if it is the original track recorded in 1969-70 for Kapp/MCA records. I am sure Rowles has recorded the song a few more times on live albums and later mixes, but nothing would beat the original (Hawaii) hit version on Kapp/MCA Records.
    I'm still here. Are you?

As for John Rowles, I have seen CDs listed with "Cheryl Moana Marie" but I am not sure if it is the original track recorded in 1969-70 for Kapp/MCA records. I am sure Rowles has recorded the song a few more times on live albums and later mixes, but nothing would beat the original (Hawaii) hit version on Kapp/MCA Records.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Maybe one of the old radio stations might have an original copy. maybe KCCN or the other old time stations.

I spent hours trying to build a rock wall along my creeks. Where are those menehunes when you need them.....LOL.

42 posts and 300+ views. tsk tsk tsk... Some people aren't posting when they view are they?

A good number of the views are done by "Guest" who cannot reply to posts.

Memorial Day was fun...

Got to play golf with the nephew and bro-in-law...
    (It was actually a great day as I whooped both their okoles)

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    A good number of views are done by "Guests" who cannot reply to posts...
    The reason you need to "entice" them with your wit and charm.
    Last edited by kukui_nut; June 1st, 2004 at 11:57 AM.

Had a great weekend as well. A big garage sale with our neighbors in Mililani (not the really big one, though), a trip to Bishop Museum, lots of running around with the kids, and then a most moving lantern ceremony at Magic Island last night.

Beautiful pics PZ.

My weekend was spent with friends and being a veteran, went yesterday to the Park to celebrate with other veterans. I think I posted yesterday but not sure cause I got a little tipsy....LOL.

My daughter wants to get her driver's license today. I'm small kine scared for the guy riding with her during her test.

Saw a play and three movies over the weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast