X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Everytime You View thread...

Hi,

just got home after dropping off my son at the ex's. I enjoy my time with him and always hate when he leaves.

We had dinner at his favorite burger joint and talked about my life in Hawaii. He sort of been hinting he wanted to start his geneology but I don't know much about my family. For a 15 year old he's really mature.

I'm off for a couple of days so I'll probably spend time in the garden or go fishing.

Comment

My night time routine. Have a snack, read the Seattle papers on line (next day's paper is up by 9pm our time) and see what they say about the Mariners--I'm a Mariner (and baseball) fanatic. Surf the net a bit then call it a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Leimamo
        We're at Yokosuka.
        Oh, that's like south of Tokyo, north of Osaka, right?
        Get one naval shipyard or something, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

What a beautiful day here in northern california. Just got in from watering the orchard.

I don't know why but the song Honolulu City lights popped in my head. I haven't heard that song since my cassette tape player when eat the tape. That must have been around dec of 1999.

Another song I recently remember was Cheryl Moana Marie. I can't remember who sang that one. Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by kukui_nut
            Oh, that's like south of Tokyo, north of Osaka, right?
            Get one naval shipyard or something, if I'm not mistaken.
            Yes, about an hour (or three, depending on traffic) south of Tokyo and maybe 4 hours by bullet train north of Osaka. And yes, it's a Naval Base that is home to the USS Kittyhawk, USS Cowpens, USS BlueRidge and a few others.
            Send POI

Comment

Five more days 'til summer vacation!
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleno
                Another song I recently remember was Cheryl Moana Marie. I can't remember who sang that one. Anybody know?
                His name was John Rowles, I think he's from New Zealand.
                Send POI

Comment

Now I know where in Japan you are...I asked where on another thread. My son will not be in the Tokyo-Osaka area this time! How long are you and the family at Yokosuka?
                  Retired Senior Member

Comment

I'm sitting here typing a reply to this thread.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

This may be the greatest thread in the history of message boards.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleno
                        Another song I recently remember was Cheryl Moana Marie.
                        Oh, gee thanks...
                        Now it's stuck in MY head...

At the risk of aging myself, this was the song we danced to for May Day in the 5th grade...

"Eres Tu" and "Dominica" are two songs that are forever lodged in my mental wav. files.
                        And these surface, well, all too often...
                        Just realized that they're both latino...hmmm, wassup wit dat?

Comment

Much mahalo Leimamo. That's the guy....LOL John rowles.
                          You know what??????? I stay begining to think pidgin....hahahaha. Boy, now the memory coming back to me. I must thank this bord for giving me part of my heritage back. I can't wait to talk to my son to let him know how fo talk pidgin. I usually correct myself when eva the pidgin would surface but now, I think I can let loose.

Like they say around hea.....my life wasn't peaches and cream but I still do have fond memories of my childhood. Like the song goes.....these are the days of my youth....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha
                            Now I know where in Japan you are...I asked where on another thread. My son will not be in the Tokyo-Osaka area this time! How long are you and the family at Yokosuka?
                            Oi vey, sorry Mocha. I didn't seen your question at the other thread about where in Japan I live. We've been here for almost 3 years and have another year until we head back home. What area will he be at?

Send POI

Comment

Originally posted by kukui_nut
                              Oh, gee thanks...
                              Now it's stuck in MY head...

At the risk of aging myself, this was the song we danced to for May Day in the 5th grade...
                              heh. It was one of the songs we danced hula too which is why I remember it so well.
                              Send POI

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                                This may be the greatest thread in the history of message boards.
                                Indeed, hopefully there iis no limit to the number of responses one can have in a thread.

If there is a limit well let's hope is a high one.

Comment

Working...
                                X