Thread: Stargate SG-1

Default Stargate SG-1

Figured might as well start a thread for Stargate SG-1 in case anyone is interested in discussing this show.

Default Re: Stargate SG-1

I sort of like the new line-up with Ben Browder as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell. I do have mixed feelings that he is leading the team instead of Amanda Tapping's Lt. Col Sam Carter.

New episode aired last night on the Sci-Fi channel. At least now they have a better starting credits piece.

I thought it was a good start to the season even though it was a bit low-key. Last season was kind of sketchy but I think this one might be better as the team settles into their new roles a bit.

Actually it is still season 9, they just took a break airing the episodes from September to now.

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    Actually it is still season 9, they just took a break airing the episodes from September to now.
    Well, that explains the low-key thing!

Season finale airs this Friday March 10. And they will back for Season 10. That beats the X-Files from what I understand.

And the new season will start some time in July.

According to the Sci-Fi channel on Friday night and their schedule on their web site, the new season of Stargate SG-1 wil start on July 14.

Quote Originally Posted by helen
    According to the Sci-Fi channel on Friday night and their schedule on their web site, the new season of Stargate SG-1 wil start on July 14.
    Thanks for the heads up on that - I was just wondering when they were coming back.

Saw a couple of promos on the Sci-Fi channel. One involved Teal'c giving advice to a poker player and Sam helping a person unstuck a bag of chips in a vending machine using stero earplugs.

I can only assume that there promos with Daniel and Cameron that I haven't seen yet.

I miss O'Neal.

Leading SG-1, yeah I miss Jack O'Neil too, but Cameron Mitchell seems to fit in kind of well.

As far as Jack leading the SGC, it doesn't seem the right job for him.

The 10th season of Stargate SG-1 started last night. They added Claudia Black to the starting cast credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Adri
    I miss O'Neal.
    Word is that Richard Dean Anderson will guest star in the 200th episode due to air on August 18. Also Don S. Davis will be there too.

This Friday night (6/22/07) will be the series finale for Stargate SG-1. Airs at 5pm (HST) on the Sci-Fi channel. With a repeat airing at 8pm.

There is a planned straight-to-DVD movie to wind up the flapping plot threads. Tapping is going to "Atlantis" -- and I'm still annoyed with SciFi for pulling the plug.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Though I don't have cable, so I'm limited to watching it in syndication on KHON late night, the season that no longer have RDA as a regular just doesn't feel like an SG-1 of old. Even the new villains, the Ori, just don't evoke the same energy or vibe as the Goa'uld or the Replicator. They're like the Ferengi in Star Trek (it was supposed to be the next major villain race after the Klingons & Romulans but they turned out to be more of a comic relief joke).

But let's face it, it has gone longer than any other genre franchise (except Dr. Who but never seen nor care to) in the US (although filmed in Canada). They should end it and start developing a new (third) spinoff for the Stargate franchise.

Ok, it was just so wrong that
    the series ended without an appearance by O'Neil. I know he didn't fit into the story as it was written but they could have found *some* way to include him.

Season 10 is out on DVD. Picked up my copy of it at Costco.

Thumbs up Stargate SG-1

I know that they have stopped airing their last show long ago on Stargate SG-1, but, I still like to watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118480/
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

I have been getting my Stargate SG-1 fix by watching my DVD collection of it. I take it, it is still being shown on the SyFy channel?

Thumbs up Re: Stargate SG-1

[/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I have been getting my Stargate SG-1 fix by watching my DVD collection of it. I take it, it is still being shown on the SyFy channel?
    Yes it is. They show it around 11:00 pm, for me on my DVR cable box (from Oceanic- Road Runner), it is on channel 557.

I have it continuously taped for that time so I can watch it at my convenience .

If you don't have a DVR & can't stay up that late to watch it, I would suggest you set up either your DVD or VCR player to record at that time at what ever channel you may have it on.

Happy Stargate SG-1 viewing.
    Aches & Pains

Thumbs up Re: Stargate SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    Ok, it was just so wrong that
    the series ended without an appearance by O'Neil. I know he didn't fit into the story as it was written but they could have found *some* way to include him.
    I never saw the last ending of the series . They continue to show re runs from before (which I missed & did not hear about until recently).

Would they have it on You Tube? if so, what would be the title of that show?

Ohh, do you remember when the last date they aired their last series?
    Aches & Pains

The title of the last episode of the series is Unending. However there were two made-for-TV movies that came afterward.

As far as the ending date of the series, according to the responses in this thread it was on June 22, 2007.