Popeye's Dillingham = Mr. Cluck's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popeye's Dillingham = Mr. Cluck's

I took a bus which passed by Popeyes in Dillingham, and saw a movie crew doing something there. One of the signs was covered up, and another was taken down and replaced by a "Mr. Cluck's" restaurant sign.

Anyone knows what's that about? (or more importantly, what movie?)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Is there something at Popeye's Dillingham?

Sounds like a new Lost episode!

Comment

Hmm, I'm right down the street from there at school...I'm gonna go past there after class to see this "Mr. Clucks." I wish I had my camera...if it is for Lost, I know a bunch of people who would love to see any "behind the scenes" sneak shots.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

lol whaddya know? It IS Lost! I went there right after class and saw it. Then rushed home and begged my dad to take me there when he came home. Took the camera and snapped some pics of the place. Also got some pics of Hurley! It looks like this will be part os his backstory, he's a Mr. Clucks employee! I'll post them after I resize and stuff, okay?

Comment

It makes sense. He was working at a chicken place before winning the lottery using the so called cursed numbers. His episode aired last night but I missed the first half.

Comment

Did the logo look like this?

That's from the shirt Hurley was wearing in the first flashback scene of the Numbers episode of Season 1.

Comment

Excuse the glare in some pics, I'm not a good picture taker, especially when you can't roll your car windows down since they've just been tinted

Covered Popeye's sign
              Crew w/ equipment in background
              Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack
              Close-up of sign
              Misc. crew
              Misc. crew
              Hurley?
              Hurley!
              Hurley!!
              Hurley, dude, and Burger King bush!
              HURLEY!
              HURLEY!!

I'm pretty sure he was the only cast member there, but it was still fun trying to take good pics when I suck at photography, heh.
              Last edited by kupomog; September 1, 2005, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for the pictures, kupomog! And thanks, doc1456, for the heads-up about the shoot!
                Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 1, 2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Saw the crew near Kawela Bay last week and they stopped us from going to pick some Pipipi(sp?) because we would be in line with the camera. So we had to wait about 45 minutes. Never could see where or what they were shooting though.

Comment

I could only drive by after work, so I didn't see Hurley/Hugo (just another, skinny Mr. Cluck employee and an old pickup truck). I posted one quick cameraphone shot, and took a few more with my "real" camera... especially of the sign.

It's cute and obsure enough, I'm thinking, that were I a less noble man, some "Mr. Cluck" fan T-shirts might have appeared on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      It's cute and obsure enough, I'm thinking, that were I a less noble man, some "Mr. Cluck" fan T-shirts might have appeared on the horizon.
                      When can we count on your becoming less noble? I want one.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Where do you think I got that image in my earlier post? There's a CafePress store up already using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                          Where do you think I got that image in my earlier post? There's a CafePress store up already using it.
                          I was counting on Pz becoming less noble and at the same time, remaining just as giving. I didn't say I wanted to pay for one! Besides, the whole sign is a lot cooler than just the chicken.
                          Last edited by scrivener; September 1, 2005, 06:00 PM. Reason: "It'll be all right, when the morning comes . . ."
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well... I won't recommend doing anything, you know, naughty with it... but I'll post what I nabbed when I get home (am at my kid's soccer practice right now) for the good of all Lost-kind.

But Kupomog got a decent snap already. We'll see how comparatively well my obnoxious 12x lens did soon!

Comment

Perhaps this thread title could be edited, since we figured out what the "something" was. And moved from the Movies section to the TV section.

Comment

Working...
                              X