Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go to take a load off your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where to go to take a load off your mind?

If you can't get away to the outside 'cause of the weather or lack of funds hit this site for some reading and listening:

http://www.gutenberg.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
      If you can't get away to the outside 'cause of the weather or lack of funds hit this site for some reading and listening:

http://www.gutenberg.org/
      Thanks! I just went into the classical section, downloaded a few, and already my body is relaxed (and it makes me want to get up and waltz)

I'll probably finish my homework and try to takes these tracks out and just lay on the beach.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        Thanks! I just went into the classical section, downloaded a few, and already my body is relaxed (and it makes me want to get up and waltz)

I'll probably finish my homework and try to takes these tracks out and just lay on the beach.
        Wow, Adrian, I didn't realize you liked classical music. People your age are usually into 50 Cent, etc. You got culcha!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Wow, Adrian, I didn't realize you liked classical music. People your age are usually into 50 Cent, etc. You got culcha!

Miulang
          Well, my brother lent me his CDs and one of them was full of classical, and once I heard it, I was instantly hooked. I forgot about them for a few years until I I saw the site posted above, and now I'm kinda regressing into those years again. Heck, I even put one on my phone so I can listen to it just about anywhere. (and if you know the space on a Motorola v300, then you'd know its tough putting full songs on it.)

Comment

I like to go to my mom and dad's and maybe do some yardwork then kick back and talk story with them.

Or go surf, paddle, or fish.

Comment

I just came from my relaxation trip. Here's some highlights:

- Never drink any liquids 2 hours before taking this trip, unless you want to jump from the bus at North Shore and break a few half dozen traffic laws running to the restroom.
              - Always know your bus route, unless you want to worry about where the bus is going.
              - Nextel phone service are FOR BUSINESS PEOPLE or PEOPLE WHO NEED TO STAY IN QUICK CONTACT FOR MORE THAN A FEW MILES AWAY! Some young teenagers were PTTing each other in the same bus: one on the far end, and one by the front door.
              - Always bring a fully charged iPod or CD player with spare batteries. I only got to the 2nd hour of my classical music playlist until my iPod decided to sleep.
              - Bring a camera: You'll find some interesting cars at North Shore, and even more interesting tourists (and a few friends I met a few years ago, but they just wanted to enjoy the beaches.)

And it looks like I did more harm than good, because now I'm even more pissed at Nextel users and angry at my iPod because it didn't last for 1/2 of the trip. Maybe I'll do better with fixing non-relative's computers or I'll better prepare myself for another trip (and Auntie Lynn, the trip around the isle is still on, because I don't want to get on and off the bus at every interesting thing to take pictures.)

Comment

"relaxation" trip?!

are you sure?

Comment

Last Thursday morning, Mrs. Menehune and I went to Doris Duke's house "Shangri-La". I don't mean we took the tour, but I bet that'd be fun. Just went around the oceanside. We had a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing time. I recommend it to you all.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The beach is my primary destressor! Hmmm...is there such a word?! Anyway, any beach will do as long as it's somewhat devoid of people. Just the sound of the ocean works for me...the real thing, not a sound track or machine! The stress reducer is called negative ions. Aaaah...sunshine and ocean...ooooooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!

Comment

I know exactly what you are going through, Doc. I just finished up yet another semester of college (12 credits) while working full-time, and trying to balance my personal/family life. I am sure that you know already .... It is not easy. I find that working out and the local gym definately helps me alleviate my stress.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                        Hey, wait a minute! You originally said you were getting sick of computers and wanted to get away from it all.

Yet of all the great suggestions made so far (such as Palolo Joe's!), DOWNLOADING a song on the computer makes you relax? What's up Doc? You're in a vicious cycle of PPC.. Post Partum Computing.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Going To Hana Maui, Nuff Said!!!! See U All Bumbye!!!!
                          Oggboy
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy
                            Going To Hana Maui, Nuff Said!!!! See U All Bumbye!!!!
                            Oggboy
                            I like go too!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X