Good Nooz, Bad Nooz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good Nooz, Bad Nooz

just to stir things up a little, I'll question whether there was any balance required at all. imagine the California kids had won the LLWS. How should the San Diego papers balance that with Hurricane Katrina? On Monday, of course, the Little Leaguers lead, because we didn't yet know what was unfolding. But after that?

Take it to the next level. What if the Ewa kids had won the day before 9/11? Should 9/11 have bumped that story off the front page entirely? I think we'd all agree that it should have. Maybe not.

For me, a story like Katrina is one of those things that puts winning the LLWS in perspective. I actually feel kinda bad for those kids that their moment was lost, but that's the way it goes. Right?

Comment

Re: Good Nooz, Bad Nooz

Originally posted by lorider
      just to stir things up a little, I'll question whether there was any balance required at all...For me, a story like Katrina is one of those things that puts winning the LLWS in perspective. I actually feel kinda bad for those kids that their moment was lost, but that's the way it goes. Right?
      Actually, I think the boys would have slid to lower on the page, but still would have been out front to add balance to the gloom and doom. Good nooz and bad nooz.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
      X