Least Favorite National TV Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

oh, no, that ad IS soooo wrong, on so many levels.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread with a current Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator ad...the one with the lady carrying a large sheet cake on a journey between home and party. One scene has her exiting a public restroom stall balancing the cake in one hand. She arrives at the party to witness another guest removing something large from the fridge which will allow the large sheet cake to fit inside.

IMNSHO, there's something just plain icky about insinuating anything edible, not to mention sizeable, spent some time in a public bathroom stall while the loo was in use! Eeeeeuuuuwwww!

Comment

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but...

You Can't Over Love Your Underwear

The concept is funny, but the fact that the chorus replays over and over again in your head is enough to make you go nuts.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          IMNSHO, there's something just plain icky about insinuating anything edible, not to mention sizeable, spent some time in a public bathroom stall while the loo was in use! Eeeeeuuuuwwww!
          Man, I got the same icky feeling from that ridiculous ad. Why, given the montage of other random everyday locations, did the public toilet even get included -- in the script, or in the final ad? Nothing else in the ad implies that they were trying to be quirky or edgy, so it baffles me that something like that could get on the air without someone going, "Um, you know what..."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but that cake has been flagged."

Comment

Been noticing CITI credit card commericals using the same spokeperson over several commericals. Anyone know who this person is?

Comment

This one is just irritating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvFIxUz2XY

Comment

• Commercials you love to hate....

That stupid Geico ads/commercial on TV with those cavemen guys!.

They "may get their own tv series". GAWD!! Give me a break already!.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=253853&GT1=7703
                Last edited by Serenity; March 2, 2007, 11:02 PM. Reason: Got merged with an old post/thread from 2006, when I wanted my own!!
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I don't mind the cavemen. Though I think they've had a good run, and definitely don't think they can sustain a series.

Funny. I was just thinking of this thread when my wife called me into the living room to watch a commercial for the Barbie toy, "Tanner," the dog. This thing poops. To get the poop out, of course, you need to put it in, first. In his mouth.

I can't even begin to imagine how this toy made it to full-scale production.

Comment

• Re: Commercials you love to hate....

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                    That stupid Geico ads/commercial on TV with those cavemen guys!
                    I felt sympathy for the cavemen like I felt for the Trix rabbit.

Now stop picking on our ancestors!
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I LIKE some of the caveman ads.

"I'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa."

"I don't have much of an appetite."

LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                        I LIKE some of the caveman ads.

"I'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa."

"I don't have much of an appetite."

LOL...

Sure, the first couple of times was funny, after that, it just gets more stupid. They just keep on running it to the ground. GAWD!!.

The Commercial on: the caveman guy talking to his therapist. He got mad about it, & said "it's so easy that a therpist can do it"

She said, "it just wont makes any sense",

The caveman guy says "why? becuse tharpists are smart? (phone rings), it's my mother, I'll put her on spaker". (end of commercial).

What's next for the commercial for the caveman guys?.

I think, I would have prefered watching that cute gekko with an english accent lizzard.

I wouldn't mind having him as a pet.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

• Re: Commercials you love to hate....

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          I felt sympathy for the cavemen like I felt for the Trix rabbit.

Now stop picking on our ancestors!

I'm with you on that.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                            Sure, the first couple of times was funny, after that, it just gets more stupid. They just keep on running it to the ground. GAWD!!.[...]
                            Serentity..."they" keep on airing it "to the ground" because it's selling the product and they will keep airing those spots 'til there's clear indication that they need to update them or change the campaign entirely.

And, yes, I preferred the gecko spots, too!

Comment

I don't know if anyone saw this commerical, I think it was for Starburst.

It was the one for the Berries and Cream with that creepy guy that sings that, "Berries and Cream, Berries and Cream, I am a little lad that likes Berriesssssssssss and Crrrrrrream."

================================
                              About those Burger Kind commericals, what was stranger than the commerical was the Xbox game Sneak King. If you clicked the left stick it would show two eye holes staring at people and heavy breathing. Almost like Jason from Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
                                I don't know if anyone saw this commerical, I think it was for Starburst.

It was the one for the Berries and Cream with that creepy guy that sings that, "Berries and Cream, Berries and Cream, I am a little lad that likes Berriesssssssssss and Crrrrrrream."
                                Felt like I was watching a sequel trailer of Omen High School Musical.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X