Laundry Detergent Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundry Detergent Poll

I will admit that the insperation for this post is because I am doing laundry on a Saturday night.

I tend to use Era myself which is liquid.
    Powered
    19.15%
    Liquid
    76.60%
    Doesn't matter which one I use
    4.26%
    No opinion
    0.00%

Re: Laundry Detergent Poll

Originally posted by helen
    I will admit that the insperation for this post is because I am doing laundry on a Saturday night.

I tend to use Era myself which is liquid.
    Liquid, HE formula (low suds and my washer is HE), and on sale. =)

pax

Comment

Which ever I feel like it (I have both).
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I use various versions of Tide powdered.... hopefully that is what you meant by powered in the poll selection. IF not, then I hope the power on my washer stays on through all of its cycles. There is nothing worst than machine failure 1/2 way through the cycle!
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

You are correct mel, I am the one who goofed in the spelling. I did mean powdered. Now that think about it any solid type of laundry detergent would go there. I remember a tablet form in the past. I don't know about now.

Comment

Powdered. The big bucket from Costco.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Adunno which... I going hafto axe da maid!

"Eh Mokihana, wat kine detergent u like use? "

"Eh, no boddah me. I doing laundry!"
              Aloha,
              Mokihana

Comment

Liquid (and whatever liquid is cheapest at Costco...I think right now it's "All")because every time I use powdered detergent, the soap doesn't dissolve properly (OK, so I flunked laundry 101). Besides, our washer has a laundry detergent dispenser built in to the washer top, and I don't think that would work too well if we put powdered detergent in it.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Believe it or not, there are still some people who do wash with the old washboard in a bucket method, using bar detergent, such as a Fels-Napatha bar detergent.

I went to college at Southern Illinois University (the organization that was instrumental in suckering me into leave Hawai'i) in the early 1990s, and while attending classes there, I lived off campus, for a year, in a small foothills of the Ozarks Mtns. town called Pomona. (Yes, southern Illinois has some pretty good size hills; that end of the state resembles Appalachia more than the prairies most people think of when they think of Illinois). Many of the residents there still did wash by hand, many of them out of necessity as they didn't have either running water in their homes or some part of the equation that would have allowed them to have a washing machine. Kind of similar to some of the homes I remember in Ka'u on the Big I. (Unlike the Big I though, I don't remember seeing catchment systems in Illinois). Bar detergent is still a popular form of laundry detergent that end of the state.

For Kupomog, if you read this: The Pomona General Store..a store that for all intents and purposes could have served as the set for Ike Godsey's store on The Waltons and was the only retail store in Pomona...is famous for their Green River ice cream sodas. People come for miles ( in these new-fangled contraptions called "automobiles") to enjoy them!

Comment

whatevahs cheapest and with the least amount of un neccessary perfume.

ya know they did a study a while back;
                    found that clothes washed with no detergent came out just as clean as those washed with all, or tide or whatevah...

Comment

As a guy who frequently ran out of detergent while dorming at UHH and basically washed his clothes with any soap-like product on hand, I'd take issue with the assertion that washing clothes with just water makes clothes just as wearable as clothes washed with something. The agitator might get out the dirt... but it's the smell that's the problem!

I have an unreasonable affection for liquid detergent. Even though I know I'm paying the cost of shipping tubs of soap and water, rather than just the soap as with powdered. In fact, I used to be under P&G's spell and went out of my way for certain brands.

Now, the knock-off Kirkland (Costco's store brand) is good enough for me. But I just can't bring myself to switch to powdered detergent just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        I'd take issue with the assertion that washing clothes with just water makes clothes just as wearable as clothes washed with something. The agitator might get out the dirt... but it's the smell that's the problem!

Which issue will you take? the September issue?

but all seriousness aside, really psarq; ya gotta wash things after each wearing. wot, ya kept things on a week at a stretch?

Comment

There's enough residual detergent in your clothing to get it clean when you don't add detergent to the washer, so it's not just the agitation. As you can imagine, that only goes so far -- I'd guess three washings or so, but that's just a wild guess.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm with 2 others--CostCo Bucket-O-Suds, powdered please.

I actually prefer powdered as i feel it dissolves easier ??? (than liquid? i know!) by letting the water hit it for awhile b4 adding the clothes.

Scrivener's got an interesting point about "residual detergent"--no wonder some of us suffer allergies after the stronger fragranced varieties! AND a friend of mine who specializes in laundry daily said that we don't need as much as the instructions tell us. Imagine, a Company telling consumers to use more product? NO!

At the risk of being dead wrong & smelly...

Comment

Well, I decided I'd spent as much time in a laundromat this life as I wanted to, so my new policy is to wear the same clothes until they get dirty, buy new ones and throw the old ones away.

But back in the days when I did launder, I always used Tide. Powdered.

Comment

Working...
                              X