Favorite Movie Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

ha! ha! yeah, kevin was purfect in fish. the movie you're thinking of is titled fierce creatures but i haven't seen it yet! don't know why i wasn't more motivated to watch it....
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

This comes from one of my favorite movies. I have seen it over a dozen times, and I still laugh.....guess the movie

....My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush....

Comment

Originally posted by kevin_jay
        This comes from one of my favorite movies. I have seen it over a dozen times, and I still laugh.....guess the movie

....My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush....

This is truly a guess because I've never seen it: "Deliverance" ???
        If it's "Deliverance" then why not "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!"
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

sorry lavagirl, nice try, but you're way off..
          I'll give you a hint, it came from an Adam Sandler movie....

Comment

and Cathy Bates was his mommy Good line mate!

Comment

"I am Shutruk Nahunte, King of Ashand and Susa, Sovereign of the Land of Elam. By the Command of Inshushinak, I destroyed Sippar, took the Stele of Nirah-Sin, and brought it back to Elam, where I erected it as an offering to my God, Inshushinak. Shutruk Nahunte 1158 B.C."

The teacher then asks the class, "Is anyone familiar with this fellow? Texts are permissible, but you won't find him there. Shutruk Nahunte. King. Sovereign of Elam. Destroyer of Sippar. But behold, his accomplishments cannot be found in any history book. Why? Because great ambition and conquest without contribution are without significance."

He ends by posing this question: "What will your contribution be?"

Edited because I stupidly had inserted the name earlier (kicks dirt).
              Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; September 19, 2005, 05:15 PM.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                "I am Shutruk Nahunte, King of Ashand and Susa, Sovereign of the Land of Elam. By the Command of Inshushinak, I destroyed Sippar, took the Stele of Nirah-Sin, and brought it back to Elam, where I erected it as an offering to my God, Inshushinak. Shutruk Nahunte 1158 B.C."

The teacher then asks the class, "Is anyone familiar with this fellow? Texts are permissible, but you won't find him there. Shutruk Nahunte. King. Sovereign of Elam. Destroyer of Sippar. But behold, his accomplishments cannot be found in any history book. Why? Because great ambition and conquest without contribution are without significance."

He ends by posing this question: "What will your contribution be?"

Edited because I stupidly had inserted the name earlier (kicks dirt).
                It's pretty hard to be remembered when the Babylonians, and then the Assyrians, and then the Persians, all kick your butt and annex your land into their empires.

Oh, the movie? The Emperor's Club with Kevin Kline.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  It's pretty hard to be remembered when the Babylonians, and then the Assyrians, and then the Persians, all kick your butt and annex your land into their empires.
                  ah, so mired in the details.

I loved Loved LOVED E.C.

pax

Comment

"oh, i'm sorry, did i break your concentration?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
                      "oh, i'm sorry, did i break your concentration?"
                      Way, way too many choice quotes in that movie. "What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?"

Comment

aaannnd. of course my favorite..
                        Tiny, you lissnin?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          aaannnd. of course my favorite..
                          Tiny, you lissnin?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
                          nice,dude was that from memory?

Comment

"A guy that's just paid $30 for a bad veal oscar doesn't want to know the band's angry."
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

that otta be in the restaurant service pisses ya off thread too.

Comment

this one won't stump anyone but it's so funny that i couldn't resist:

Sir Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
                                Sir Galahad: I don't think I was.
                                Sir Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
                                Sir Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
                                Sir Lancelot: No, it's too perilous.
                                Sir Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
                                Sir Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.
                                Sir Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
                                Sir Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy.
                                Sir Galahad: I bet you're gay.
                                Sir Lancelot: Am not!
                                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                                X