Favorite Movie Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

I'm a big fan of the line from EVERY STAR WARS movie: " I got a bad feeling about this" you know it's coming somewhere in the movie and I wait for it.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

3 people in an office, parts of the quote are missing because I can't remember it all.

p1: It would appear now that you are some kind Twilight Zone episode.
      p2 shakes his head
      p1: Twilight Zone, you don't get in your country, surely you do?
      p2 shakes his head
      p1: Epsiodes like <says an episode name but I can't remember it>, Nightmare at 35,000 feet, The Zanti Misfits
      p3: Excuse me sir but the Zanti Misfits is an Outer Limits epsiode (may have also said "not a Twilight Zone episode")
      p1: Really?
      p3: Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Yep. That's one I knew, but I had to look up Lavagal's. It's a much more contemporary film than I thought, and the quote's not on its "memorable quotes" page. Good one.

Very Good sleuthing! Too bad it's leftover night!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          So here are a few I love that usually escape Google. Do you know what movies these came from?
          [*]"Could you describe the ruckus?"
          I saw the quote before I saw what you wrote of The Breakfast Club. Ahh, someone from the 80s throwing in a good 'ole line. Wasn't that Emilio Estevez in Breakfast Club? I know it was one of those from the brat pack. I just love those 80s films. Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink are also faves. They just don't make 'um like that anymore. One-hit wonder bands RULED!!
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

good thread. my all time favorite quote is, alas, so easy. i don't think it's in the top 100 list you provided so here it is:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

any top 100 quote list that doesn't have that line isn't up to snuff in my humble opinion!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Ahh from Blade Runner.

Comment

yup, breakfast club (i agree. that's a great movie.)

What was that ruckus?
                Uh, what ruckus?
                I was just in my office and I heard a ruckus.
                Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

helen, you got it. i've watched it a hundred times and i NEVER get tired of it. just awesome. rutger at his best....

by the way, the tears in the rain line was improvised by rutger...

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    "One lawyer and his briefcase can steal more than 100 men with guns."
                    maybe so, but with much less savoir faire.

Comment

gatta run and do other stuff but i think these haven't been answered yet:

16 candles

You own a church?

the godfather

"One lawyer and his briefcase can steal more than 100 men with guns."

the princess bride

This is true love - you think this happens every day?

love all of those movies

Comment

Beam me up, Scotty! Yeah I'm kinda a trekky. Or What is it with you and women?
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

'Input, Stephanie! More input!' - Short Circuit

'We didn't have to win, we only had to get out of town!' - A Little Romance

Two semi-obscure lines often quoted by me.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
                            I saw the quote before I saw what you wrote of The Breakfast Club. Ahh, someone from the 80s throwing in a good 'ole line. Wasn't that Emilio Estevez in Breakfast Club? I know it was one of those from the brat pack. I just love those 80s films. Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink are also faves. They just don't make 'um like that anymore. One-hit wonder bands RULED!!
                            I love 'em all, but the funniest(debatable, true) was Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy. 'Wait a minute, THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!!'

Comment

Here are a few from my all time favorite flick:

Doctor: "Pardon me boy, is this the transylvania station?"
                              Boy: "Track 39. Can I give you a shine?"

Then there's this one:
                              Doctor: "Wow, what knockers!" (he said, staring at the giant metal rings hanging from the door as he held the stacked woman in his arms)
                              Stacked woman: "Oh sank you doctor!"

Can you guess?

Comment

;you shouldn't talk to him like that after all he's a knight
                                ;he's just a fast food knight

Comment

Working...
                                X