This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Shoyu chicken, brown rice, cooked mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Hot dog, popcorn and a Diet Coke during the first movie. Hot dog, two bananas and Diet Coke for the second movie.

Comment

Fried Akule, poi and kim chee!

Rootbeer today...hung ova!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Polish sausage and a Diet Coke.

Comment

Plain yogurt with blueberries and granola, ice tea.

Comment

Garlic shrimp with Fried rice frim Linh's! Iced Tea.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

My usual work week "eat-to-live" staple: S&S Saimin... da' one get da' Kamaboko and green onion ready-fo'-eat in da' bowl from "Cosco's".
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Pastrami footlong sandwich, bag of chips and a cup of Mountain Dew from Subways.

Comment

Chicken Pot Pie from KFC and "Fruit Punch!"

Auntie Lynn

Comment

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Sliced cherry tomatoes, pepperoni, fresh mozzarella and a julienne of basil leaves drizzled with olive oil and wine vinegar.
                      Diet Pepsi.
                      Mini Quaker granola snack.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

A feast from New Diner's Drive In (1333 N. King St.) with the wife, baby, and glossyp! One of their famous monster cheeseburgers, a loco moco, a combo plate with kalbi and pork cutlet, a mochiko chicken plate and a fried mahi plate.

Gads I'm stuffed! The loco was my favorite. At under $4? A deal! The rest, not bad. The cook is too fond of vinegar if you asked me...

Comment

Howzit pzarquon,

Is that a camera phone you're using to take all your food shots?

Whoah, $4.00 for that local moco.. good deal!

Most plate lunches are at the $6.00 avg. price now. So much for that "gotta-be-under 5 buck$" magic number.

Zippy's is moving into the $7-8 zone. Ouch.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yep, a camera phone. A pretty lousy camera, to be sure, but considering everything else it does, I don't mind. And in the right light, some of the photos aren't half bad!

I know what you mean. Zippy's food has gotten fancier, I guess, but the prices have gone with it. I still tend to stick to the "shallow end" of the menu, the typical drive-in stuff rather than their prettied-up "cuisine."

As for New Diner's loco moco, ho boy. The size of the thing -- square styrofoam tray notwithstanding -- was pretty dang impressive for the price. Two eggs, and two of their giant, thick, moist hamburger patties (not the usual floppy pancake patties usually made especially for loco mocos). If I want "guilty pleasure" taste and enough bulk to fill me for the day, that's what I'd recommend.

Comment

I went back to the same Subway for dinner today, ordered the same stuff, yet it was about $2 cheaper from lunch time, I think they have a dinner special going on after 5pm. What was really bizzare was that lunch time the fountain had Pepsi products but dinner time that same fountain had Coke products.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                I went back to the same Subway for dinner today, ordered the same stuff, yet it was about $2 cheaper from lunch time, I think they have a dinner special going on after 5pm. What was really bizzare was that lunch time the fountain had Pepsi products but dinner time that same fountain had Coke products.

That IS bizzare! Go back tomorrow at lunch and see what's up with that. So wait a minute: Mountain Dew. Is it a Coke or a Pepsi concoction? You're the expert Helen!
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X