National Novel Writing Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The National Novel Writing Month

The central theme to my novels is a space-opera after Earth has been contacted by a couple of extra-terrestrial races. While I haven't started on this year's outline I was planning on the following scenes:

death by laser printer
    confuse the bad guys by explaining the vBulletin reputation system
    referencing Turner 454 in some way

However after reading this thread by scrivener, I think I can add one alien who can do the blue smoke while another can do the green sweat. Or maybe I can change the colors to suit the needs of the novel.
    Last edited by helen; September 15, 2005, 11:14 PM. Reason: linking Turner 454

Comment

They fix the problem with the NaNoWriMo web server so now you can go in and sign up for it.

Comment

NaNoWriMo finished last week. I only did 6,000 or so words this year. Maybe next year I will do better.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          NOBODY has time to write a novel -- that's why most of us who want to never do
          I started mine:
          "It was a dark and stormy night. Somewhere, a dog barked."
          And then I got stuck, 49,989 words short.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just got a ping from NaNoWriMo HQ, reminding me that NaNoWriMo 2006 is just over ten weeks away. How time flies!

Comment

*sigh* I have to figure out which one to write this year.

Comment

Less than a month to go! Learn more, and sign up today.

Comment

I'm still considering it. Last year was my first failure after two very good, very successful, very encouraging years.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I want to give a try but I'm still not good in spelling and punctuation.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's matter of quanity not quality. Don't worry about mis-spellings what matters is just writing 50,000 words in a months time.

Comment

Re: National Novel Writing Month

Exactly right. Aunty Lynn, chck out the NaNoWriMo site, and the "About" page. It's a fun writing exercise, not a test. I have no doubt you could tell a 50,000 word story in a month. You probably already do on your blog! The only difference is, this would be fictional. And lord knows you've got a hell of an imagination!

With 21 days to go, today the NaNoWriMo site is officially opened for business. Former NaNo-ites should log in to "reactivate," new folks should register.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          Exactly right. Aunty Lynn, chck out the NaNoWriMo site, and the "About" page. It's a fun writing exercise, not a test. I have no doubt you could tell a 50,000 word story in a month. You probably already do on your blog! The only difference is, this would be fictional. And lord knows you've got a hell of an imagination!

With 21 days to go, today the NaNoWriMo site is officially opened for business. Former NaNo-ites should log in to "reactivate," new folks should register.
                          heheheh. Ok. I go look again. Last year, I got scared. Remember?

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            Mahalo for the reminder! Glad to see you're participating again!
                            ~'Ailina

Comment

Originally posted by Ailina View Post
                              Glad to see you're participating again!
                              Same to you - welcome back to HT!

Comment

Participating and completing are very different things! I've got an unbroken record with NaNo, but it's not the one most participants are striving for. But yes, I'm definitely a fan of NaNo and its other participants as much as I am writing myself.

I'm glad to again serve as the "municipal liason" for Hawaii, and even though forming a list of personal journalers and bloggers doing NaNoWriMo is quaint and ridiculous (since it seems all bloggers are doing it sometimes), I'm still quietly running the "Journalers & Bloggers NaNoWriMo" list. If you're a blogger and a NaNoWriMo participant, feel free to drop me a line. Especially if you're going to be publishing your novel online as you write.

Comment

Working...
                                X