Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

omg I've been thinking about this one for a few months now. I absolutely absolutely CANNOT stand that ad from First Insurance where the guy is walking on his cell phone down Queen St. in front of the Blood Bank and passes some girl and CONTINUES to bash his head into the lamp post. Not once, but 2 or 3 times. All I get from it is "clank", "clank", "clank".

I guess talking and walking with a cell phone is one of my pet peeves. Still I cannot turn that Ad off fast enough or rip my headphones from my ears at the gym while it comes on!
    n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      The voice over for Genki Sushi sounds of a stereotype Asian guy.
      From the producers who feel that Frank DeLima's humor isn't outdated.

Comment

I stopped watching tv about 2 years ago.

Every once in awhile I'll click through the channels and I can only watch each one for 1-2 seconds. I'll go through all the channels and there is nothing that I can watch so I turn it off. That's the way it's been since late 2011 for me.

I make a point to never even go to CNN or FOX and I don't watch any local news. I think it's pretty much all phony.

I can find unlimited stuff on YouTube that is worth watching. It amazes me that untrained people with $200 cameras from Sears can outdo the pros with millions of dollars to spend.

Comment

The piercing sound on the OC Sports commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            Rhetorical question:
            Is it that Heald is trying too hard to attract the "less-educated-type" student?
            Guess THAT isn't pertinent anymore, since Heald closed last year, leaving students in a lurch.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

My newest vote: The roofing company with the Most Irritating Couple in TV AdLand. You know, that utterly stupid husband and his frustrated wife, showing them in a succession of settings being Mr. & Mrs. Idiots. I don't even remember the name of the roofing company, which shows that for viewers who are like me, the action of "I can't turn off the ad quick enough" is defeating the purpose of the ad (which should be to draw in interest in the company, not lead to "how fast can I find my remote").

[No, I don't need to be informed of the roofing company's name. It would just make me avoid them due to the irritation factor. At least this way, since I don't remember the name, it gives them at least a chance of getting my business.]

Comment

Ad I don't like: that college with the current ad that shows a sad looking custodian, and inserts the character into their ad to illustrate how much better a person can do. I find it completely insulting to all the honest and hard working custodians, like they are saying that job is less than honorable work. In what shape would be our public buildings, private buildings, condos, hospitals, visitor centers, health care offices, schools etc, if there were not hard working folks who helped maintain the facilities.

Better yet, that college should show as examples the script writers that degrade other workers as examples of who should look for a better class of employment!

Comment

I'd like to nominate the vacations hawaii spot with the dude chanting about going vegas in fake hawaiian.

Comment

For some reason I cannot figure out, a local tire company has decided we want to follow a story line about their logo character Joe. Blahhhh..... boring and useless.

Comment

The Hawaiian Air ads on radio where the crew is making personal remarks over the airplane's PA system. It's one thing to say that you know your customers - it's completely different to broadcast that to the entire flight - big turn off.

Comment

How believable is it when an import model steals from the Lanai boy and turn to petty crime burglary. Doesn't guys give her stuff when she looks hot? I've seen that commercial many times and can't remember the sponsor.

Comment

The commercial for St.Francis Healthcare where two local guys are always competing with each other from small kid time to senior citizens. One was local Asian and the other one was local white. When they became senior citizens, the two men were Asian. Did the local white man passed away?

Comment

Working...
                          X