"You Learn Something Every Day"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "You Learn Something Every Day"

I learned that I can grade my third-period class's notebooks in fifteen minutes.

I also learned that my fifth-period's notebooks don't grade themselves!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo2
      I learned having bad grout is better than having bad gout!
      and what would good gout be?

Comment

I learned today that One-Ton Chips are available again online. After the fire the Maebo Noodle factory suffered a couple years ago, I kind of gave up on them...I couldn't find a single package during my 2003 visit home; I found some exorbitantly priced ones at the Hilo airport in 2004. I placed Maebo's and One-Ton Chips in the back of my mind, thinking that I'd look them up when I'm home this December..if they were to be had great, if not, well, I'll try again next visit.

I don't know how long Maebo's has been up and running, but it evidently has been for some time. I'm not waiting til December to get some...I'm ordering now! The folks at Maebo's have always treated me well. I've ordered from them via their toll-free line, and they've promptly filled my orders at a price LESS than their web-site quoted. I would query them why the prices they were charging me was less than the prices stated, and they would say something like "For you, a Big Island boy in RI, we'll give you a deal"..they have always been very casual about their pricing with me...they are the best!

www.one-ton.com

Comment

I learned having bad grout is better than having bad gout!

duck if the grout is falling out it probobly has lost its seal so you will need to buy sealer.Before you apply it clean all the loose stuff with a wisk broom or paint brush then inspect for stuff thats getting ready to pop out and use a plastick wedge to remove it.You can take some of the chunks into home depote and grab a clerk and say "help me match this".Then mix,fill cracks from missing grout,let dry then reseal the whole area old and new
          Thanks so much for the advice, however.....it's a rental, they just sold it and we have to move. I am trying to get it clean so as to get our security deposit back, which I know is a joke. The place should have been renovated before we moved in nine years ago. The grout is not loose (yet) but has started to crack in a few places. Red dirt is stuck in the cracks. Scrubbing with a tooth brush does nothing. Having a new construction site near by does not help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            and what would good gout be?
            the kind that infects your enimies of course

Duck you can use wet/dry(100 grit-ish) sandpaper to cut off the top layor of the grout that has the red dust in it since the sealer is long gone anyway.Just fold the paper a couple times over and use the edge to target the grout.

Comment

uh... is that like lemurians?

Comment

I learned that there are creative, talented people everywhere, even stacking boxes in a warehouse.

Comment

The day I don't learn at least one new thing is the day I'm declared DOA. Today I learned (so far) that you never know when someone is going to help you until you ask for that help. It's only noon, so I have a whole nother 12 hours to learn something else!

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Duck you can use wet/dry(100 grit-ish) sandpaper to cut off the top layor of the grout that has the red dust in it since the sealer is long gone anyway.Just fold the paper a couple times over and use the edge to target the grout.
                    WOW !! Thank you so very much !! I even have sand paper here. In fact, I am going to go try it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                      Well speak up our friend! Don't let the world pass you by. Let's see what you've got to say!
                      Amen & Amen... Gonna "live out loud"! & stop just talkin' about it.

Today's learning lesson: There are supportive souls on this thread, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Langi

Amen & Amen... Gonna "live out loud"! & stop just talkin' about it.

Today's learning lesson: There are supportive souls on this thread, thank you!
                        That's a very good observation. Keep it up, no sked.

I've learned that there is a certain vicious breed of Pit Bull that likes to amuse itself and feed off of others by growling and barking loudly and getting all in your face to try and instill fear and intimidate you...but when you turn to look at its ugly face, you find that it's actually toothless.

Comment

and also helps to not have thin skin, not take things personally.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            I've learned that there is a certain vicious breed of Pit Bull that likes to amuse itself and feed off of others by growling and barking loudly and getting all in your face to try and instill fear and intimidate you...but when you turn to look at its ugly face, you find that it's actually toothless.
                            Oh, you've met my ex-wife too??

(waves to John Heckathorn)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

and also helps to not have thin skin, not take things personally.
                              I've also learned that an honest, good-hearted person can turn from having one red to 5 green chiclets in a relatively short period of time.

Comment

i learned that there is a vociferous population of gray doves outside my new bedroom window that insists on not letting me sleep...
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X