What is your ethnicity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is your ethnicity?

I am Einosuke Watada. You can call me Eino. I am Japanse 15 years old male from Juso, Osaka. I am Kitano Junior High school student. I want to be English teacher in Japan. I want to do oversea travel to Hawaii next summer or this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      and highly unobservant. I shoulda' noticed the glow effect on the paths' edges around the mask. So much for you being Godzilla (angry Japanese) by ethnicity. Can you at least "aaaaaaahhhhhhhgggaaaa-ummmmmm" to sound like him?

Regardless, Kikaida would kick Godzilla's @ss any day (speaking like a geek). lol
      actually I am 100% yonsei.

and I do like Kikaida but some of the other lesser known heros would give him some cracks... like the one in my avatar, Inazuman.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
        and I do like Kikaida but some of the other lesser known heros would give him some cracks... like the one in my avatar, Inazuman.
        Have you ever seen Layne Luna's Inazuman costume? Awesome. He's accurately fabricated costumes of just about every popular Tokusatsu character from the 70's, including almost the entire family of classic Kamen Rider (which I guess you can is an "ethnicity").
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Have you ever seen Layne Luna's Inazuman costume? Awesome. He's accurately fabricated costumes of just about every popular Tokusatsu character from the 70's, including almost the entire family of classic Kamen Rider (which I guess you can is an "ethnicity").

WOW.

That is impressive! That guy is into it. Too bad there isn't a larger market for his skills. Maybe he could team up with a local production company to make live action tv shows here locally. It'd be a smash hit! Well at least here.

Comment

Swings the thread back into course

I am 3/4 Hawaiian from my mom who is 100% which is a RARITY now and da odah 1/4 is Filipino which comes from my father.

I often get mistaken for SAMOAN cuz I look rugged. Mus be da Pacific Islander features dat tro people off.

I mentioned in another thread that I also get mistaken for MEXICAN.........

HELLO!

Comment

sole, what kind of rugged?

rugged like you can be thrown off a cliff and be alright
              or...
              rugged like you are homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                sole, what kind of rugged?

rugged like you can be thrown off a cliff and be alright
                or...
                rugged like you are homeless.

mo like no mess wit me kine rugged

Comment

Ok Danny. Me fefe of you.

Comment

The majority of people who are raised in Hawaii, or have lived there for some time, view others of mixed ancestry as common place. I have friends here in Washington who have difficulty understanding it. This is confusing to me because some of them are of mixed ancestry. So what is the difference between a Russian/Swedish/Polish and a Kanaka/Portagee/Pake? So what is the difference...both have mixed ancestry. Ok...Ok...I know, one is european and the other is...not. Many people in the CONUS are curious about island people of mixed ancestry. For some, we are "strange." The idea that people of contrasting cultural backgrounds can come together is odd. Not everyone thinks like that, but enough of them to make life interesting.
                    When people get to know me they eventually ask me "what am I." When I tell them I am half Hawaiian, Danish and Spanish, their eyes glaze over with a blank look...like someone watching a spaceship land from Mars. If I told them my Danish grandfather also had some swedish and french, and my Spanish ancestors who migrated from the Philippines had some filipino...I probably would have to dial 911.
                    Anyway...I try to maintain a sense of humor about it, and it works 99% of the time. When it does'nt, I just walk away. Most of the time I have fun with it...the look on some peoples faces are priceless.

Comment

Samoan, Italian, East Indian, American Indian, French and Irish
                      I usually get 'you look very exotic' or latin or something like that.. never would guess that im half samoan. i dont think theres alot of 4'11" samoans in the world. My friend calls me a half pint samoan. lol.

Comment

Okinawan on my dad's side (so I bear the name), diluted by 50% with regular garden-variety mainland Japanese on my mom's (so I have half the hair ). That said, I don't eat andagi (or, for that matter, mochi). Can't believe I'm the only O-J mix on this thread to date (other than Leo's "alpha female").

I declare myself as Japanese on forms and such.

Not that I'm not proud of my Okinawan heritage, but (1) by the time I was born my paternal grandpa was dead 10 years, and my paternal grandma died when I was 7, and (2) I saw my mom's family much more growing up than I saw my dad's (her side is much larger and traces back farther). So I never really had much exposure to my Okinawan side.

As a product of such a mix, I sometimes wonder how the historical tensions between Okinawan ethnic pride and Japanese prejudice played out during my parents' time. I know that my uncle and aunties all married Okinawans, and my dad was youngest and last to marry. So I wonder whether my dad's marriage to my mom raised a few eyebrows back in 1970.
                        http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by kalihibow View Post
                          When people get to know me they eventually ask me "what am I." When I tell them I am half Hawaiian, Danish and Spanish, their eyes glaze over with a blank look...like someone watching a spaceship land from Mars. If I told them my Danish grandfather also had some swedish and french, and my Spanish ancestors who migrated from the Philippines had some filipino...I probably would have to dial 911.
                          Anyway...I try to maintain a sense of humor about it, and it works 99% of the time. When it does'nt, I just walk away. Most of the time I have fun with it...the look on some peoples faces are priceless.
                          what you are describing are "Nationalities", not "Ethnicities". I really wish folks could understand the difference. Ethnically, what you are seems to be Hawaiian, Asian & Caucasian. and you're right - it's fun to see the look on people's faces as they try to figure it all out.

I always have to laugh when my daughter describes her "Hawaiian" side & her "haole" side - she keeps them pretty separate. Right now, living on the continent - she is enjoying being with the haole side.
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                          X