What is your ethnicity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethnicity that you identify with...

I get Pake, Flip, Spic and Tita...For census and survey forms, I go for mostly Asian, then Pacific Islander. Up here I soemtimes get mistaken for being FOB from Vietnam or Thailand.
    Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
      It's sad to say. But I haven't really been able to put my finger on which I identify with.
      Identity is one thing. Ancestry/genealogy/ethnicity is another. Then you have cultural affiliation. Culturally, definitely Visayan (Filipino) and Hawaiian as well as Japanese influenced. I am not culturally Portuguese nor Chinese, but I can speak Portuguese. Ethnically I am all those mentioned with the exception of Japanese.

What's the original mix of a Hawaiian?
      Polynesian. They were known as "kanaka". Ta'ata in Tahiti, Enata in Marquesas, Tangata in Aotearoa (N. Zealand) and who knows what other Polynesians used.
      He mamo a Hina

Mai poina i na kupuna kahiko, na lakou e hoonaauao ia kakou.

Comment

Originally posted by Krash Kolohe
        I am still waiting for
        Kanaka Maole
        as an option.
        Kanaka Maoli is another option, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
          I'm Indian, though I'm often mistaken for other ethnicities...Mexican, Hawaiian, Greek, Iranian to name a few...

I can relate to that. People think I am Mexican, Greek, Samoan, Hawaiin, Indian, Iranian, Spanish. But I actually was born in Pakistan.

Comment

i am hawaiian haole-piño (visayan). use your library!
            Last edited by ili_g; October 30, 2004, 09:26 AM.

Comment

What defines me? My cultural composition is Hawaiian, Samoan, Chinese, German, Irish, English, Apachee, Chickasaw and Cherokee. I identify with them all equally...I just happen to practice one more than the others because I live Hawai'i...

Comment

What is your ethnicity?

I am half German and half British English.

And all of you?
                'Alika

Comment

Re: What is your ethnicity?

I am full blooded chinese... You might get thrown off my first name cause it is in hawaiian.
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Re: What is your ethnicity?

Previous thread

Comment

100% MUTT, german,indian,scandanavian,french, you name it.
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I am a full-blooded Chinese and I am proud of it, but I am into Hawaiian culture and the language!
                        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Depends. You wanna buy me a green beer?

Comment

Im a mut... 4 dif kinda heinz 57's in me.. lol
                            Puerto rican, hawaiian(my granny is a real local and I take pride in that), irish and greek.. but I mostly flow with greek, hawaiian and latina.. I speak spanish and greek and some hawaiian.. so I go with those.. I dunno why I never really mention the irish... if people ask me where the freckles come from... I say Ireland.. but thats it really.. Ive never been there.. so I dont really have the culture in me.. we have latin, and greek and of course hawaiian traditions in our house.. no irish ones really..
                            Last edited by *pinao*; October 30, 2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Filipino, since that's all I got in me. Outside of CA and NJ, I'm mistaken for Hispanic or Black a lot, since I'm about 6'1".

"Wow, someone actually tall enough to use the wooden fork and spoon hanging from their kitchen wall." Best one I've heard yet
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I'm Cherokee, Swedish, Scotch, and all American. Anyway, haven't you heard? "White people have no culture." (Actual quote from a Hawaii teacher to a student of Scottish-English ancestry.)
                                Last edited by MadAzza; October 30, 2006, 10:42 PM. Reason: It all matters, a little

Comment

Working...
                                X