This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Erika Engle reports today that Lyle Galdeira is leaving KHNL TV.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/09/27/business/engle.html

I hope someone else over there picks up the ball on the "Does it Work" segment. That is one of my favorite features of KHNL News 8.

His run ends in December when his contract ends. Lyle will be moving on the real estate according to the article.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I admire Lyle's work and hope someone entices him back on the air one day.

Comment

Originally posted by mel

I hope someone else over there picks up the ball on the "Does it Work" segment. That is one of my favorite features of KHNL News 8.

His run ends in December when his contract ends. Lyle will be moving on the real estate according to the article.
        I guess Angela Keen will work with Lyle only for a few months. I wonder who's going to fill Lyle's shoes.

...and yeah, I like watching his "Does it Work" and also the "Cheap Eats" segments. Very informative.
        Last edited by bcr1652; September 27, 2005, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Re: tanya boyd joachim

Very true, Sue. Although, this forum has reminded me of the balance we strive to achieve in broadcast news- conversational and relaxed, yet professional. In short, I'll save "Kalani" for our off air conversations.

As for comments about personal appearance, "no comment" from Mr. Joaquin. Not even a "rumor has it". But, his friends used to joke to him when we were dating that he had better pop the question fast. This, after one of Hudson & Scotty B's interns jokingly "proposed" to me during one of Manolo's live reports. Classic. I even saved that clip & showed it during our wedding reception!

Comment

Come Monday, you will find Marvin Buenconsejo and Angela Keen anchoring KHNL's morning show.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652
              [...]...and yeah, I like watching his "Does it Work" and also the "Cheap Eats" segments. Very informative.
              I love those segments as well. I understand both are very popular so I'd guess someone will pick up the ball and run with it. At least I hope so.

Who do you think should preside over these shows, either currently employed by KHNL or...otherwise?

I'll vote for Paul Ogata for "Does It Work" and Akebono for "Cheap Eats". Ummm...just one tutu's opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannya Joaquin
                [...] As for comments about personal appearance, "no comment" from Mr. Joaquin. Not even a "rumor has it". But, his friends used to joke to him when we were dating that he had better pop the question fast. This, after one of Hudson & Scotty B's interns jokingly "proposed" to me during one of Manolo's live reports. Classic. I even saved that clip & showed it during our wedding reception!
                A friend of mine is married to a musician...and a cute one at that! When I asked her how she handled all the ladies throwing themselves at him, her remark was short and to the point..."He goes home with me. It's his choice if he wants to play his instruments...or wear 'em."!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                  I believe that's correct, although the term 'meteorologist' is not a certification per se but rather a graduate degree.
                  Justin Fujioka has been doing pretty well after a bit of a rough start, but he backslid last night in discussing the location of Hurricane Jove and confused latitude with longitude. Maybe they were rushing him or perhaps there was some other excuse, but.

HI.. just joined this thread.. i caught that too., justin getting alittle confused.. .haha also.. i saw shawn ching kinda go blank one nite..haha. but then he pulled it off , he still did well.. That young guy rob demello, hes starting off slow tooo.. but i guess we just have to see..hes kinda young yet. Hey what ever happen to Dan cook??

Comment

Originally posted by mel

does anyone know what happen to Dan Cook?

Comment

Yeah, I think Dan is a deejay. I can't remember which station for the life of me, but I know I heard him on a morning show not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cherryobaby99
                        does anyone know what happen to Dan Cook?

ketchup!
                        we talked about this before.
                        He quit.

he's selling timescare lately.

Comment

See this thread. And this Star-Bulletin piece. Cooke was at KRTR. Now he's with Centex at Ko Olina.

Comment

Originally posted by Focus4K
                            Come Monday, you will find Marvin Buenconsejo and Angela Keen anchoring KHNL's morning show.

More on this item at this link.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              So, what does your hubby think of you being called a 'hottie' in this forum?

No need to apologize, as I see it.

Casting Director Larkin
                              I meant that strictly as a compliment.

HOTTIE
                              hot-'tee, Noun, Origin: U.S.A., street slang
                              1. An exceptionally attractive person
                              2. A beautiful woman
                              3. The "shindizzle yo' shizzle"
                              *Also see: beautiful

I'm pretty sure Tannya and her hubby understood and appreciated it.

Howzit Tannya!
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                                Yeah, I think Dan is a deejay. I can't remember which station for the life of me, but I know I heard him on a morning show not long ago.
                                Dan Cooke was doing morning duty on KUMU 94.7FM, after leaving KITV as lead anchor. If memory serves me right, he was absent from the airwaves for about a year before making way to KUMU.

Tiny Tadani replaced him about a year or so later.

Tiny's now on 99.5KHUI.

Frank B. Shaner (and his 4 "assistants) is now doing morning duty at KUMU.

and Dan.. dunno what he's doin' now. I bet Erika Engle knows!
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X