This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

This is the new general topic to discuss weekday, weeknight and weekend TV news anchors and reporters on Hawaii's 4 network channels as well as those island TV alumni now on national networks.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Does anybody know what happened to Sharie Shima? Shes been off like FOREVER!! I sick of looking @ Dash. No Jodi now this......

Comment

Originally posted by gavani
      Does anybody know what happened to Sharie Shima? Shes been off like FOREVER!! I sick of looking @ Dash. No Jodi now this......
      Last I seen her was about a month ago, where she was a regular guest host on Sam Choy's cooking show (KHNL8 @ 6:30pm every Saturday).

She was part of a cover story in Midweek several years ago about "The Weather Gals" (don't quote me on that title). It was a story about our local news weather BEAUTIES (I agree!).

If memory serves me right, it included KHON-TV’s Trini Kaopuiki, KITV's Shari Shima and one other gal.. was that Ku'ualoha Taylor? Someone correct me if not.

I remember the article stating Shari was the only CERTIFIED Meteorologist of the three.? (correct me also if not).

Whatever the case, this busy year in the news biz' covering "super storms" leaves no shortage of work for Shari!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        I remember the article stating Shari was the only CERTIFIED Meteorologist of the three.? (correct me also if not).
        I believe that's correct, although the term 'meteorologist' is not a certification per se but rather a graduate degree.
        Justin Fujioka has been doing pretty well after a bit of a rough start, but he backslid last night in discussing the location of Hurricane Jove and confused latitude with longitude. Maybe they were rushing him or perhaps there was some other excuse, but.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No braddah, what I menat was how come shes not on the air? They have her on the website and commercials, but no Sharie? She fired, off getting married, or What?

Comment

No braddah, what I menat was how come shes not on the air? They have her on the website and commercials, but no Sharie? She fired, off getting married, or What?
            I think she's taking time off or something. Vacation, I guess.

Comment

I could have sworn I saw her co-anchoring just a few weeks ago. I agree with bcr... must be vacation.

Comment

tanya boyd joachim

This morning on the Channel 2 Morning News, during the last segment with Dr. Kalani Brady, after the segment Tanya said 'Thank you Kalani'. My husband and I looked at each other and said the same thing 'no respect'. I understand that she may be familiar with him because she sees him every Thursday, but still, to address a medical doctor who is not related to you or a close personal friend by his first name on the air with no 'Dr' in front is disrespectful. Another thing, he must be around 20 yrs older than Tanya, more reason to me why she showed no respect. She must think she's hot stuff.

Comment

Re: tanya boyd joachim

Originally posted by wifeofchrees
                  This morning on the Channel 2 Morning News, during the last segment with Dr. Kalani Brady, after the segment Tanya said 'Thank you Kalani'. My husband and I looked at each other and said the same thing 'no respect'. I understand that she may be familiar with him because she sees him every Thursday, but still, to address a medical doctor who is not related to you or a close personal friend by his first name on the air with no 'Dr' in front is disrespectful. Another thing, he must be around 20 yrs older than Tanya, more reason to me why she showed no respect. She must think she's hot stuff.
                  No, not 20 years older. Tannya is about 32 and Kalani is about 50.

And who knows, maybe Kalani doesn't like being called Doctor.

Comment

Oooh! Let's start a rumor and see if it takes!

I heard she was having a sex-change operation ... after she gets out of jail in Mexico ... where she is appealing her conviction for tax evasion ... for not reporting income she received in the white-slavery trade ...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      And who knows, maybe Kalani doesn't like being called Doctor.
                      Likely.

Also, I'd bet that Tanya introduced Dr. Brady as "Dr. Kalani Brady" as she addressed viewers, but used Kalani when ending her conversation with him, which seems pretty natural, especially if he's a weekly contributor.

Our local newscasters bungle all sorts of things. I wouldn't count this one as a transgression.

Comment

Dr. Brady is a regular guest on the Channel 2 morning news. I'm sure everyone on that morning news are fairly well acquainted with each other within the confines of that program.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: tanya

I don't think I've ever heard Kirk Matthews refer to the good doctor as just 'Kalani'. It's always 'Dr. Brady' or 'Dr. Kalani Brady'. Now that's respect.

Comment

I am sure the morning crew is fairly familiar with their weekly guests that their outside TV-land greetings can be easily misplaced while on air. However, I think you people have too much time on your hands to be worrying about how someone address another human being. As far as I am concerned, no one person is better than another just because they have a Dr., Mrs., or some other title before their name. How about we talk about the bigger issues facing local television like their inadequate coverage of local news.

Comment

Does anybody know what happened to Sharie Shima? Shes been off like FOREVER!!
                              Shari was on vacation, and she was back on the newscast tonight.
                              Feel better now?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X