X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jade Moon is back on air

Originally posted by zztype
    I think tonight on KGMB-9 was Jade Moon's first night back on air after the operation to donate a kidney to her dad.
    Is it a loaner? Can she get it back later?

Comment

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Originally posted by mel
      Erika Engle reports today that Lyle Galdeira is leaving KHNL TV.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/09/27/business/engle.html

I hope someone else over there picks up the ball on the "Does it Work" segment. That is one of my favorite features of KHNL News 8.

His run ends in December when his contract ends. Lyle will be moving on the real estate according to the article.
      He's one of the original people who started with the station. I'll miss his segments and hopefully someone will continue it (but probably it won't).
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Re: tanya boyd joachim

Tannya interviewed Congressman Ed Case this morning.

Unless it was just me, could of sworn she had a slight grin on her face just after introducing him on and off: "Welcome CONGRESSMAN Case ------ Thank you for joing us CONGRESSMAN Ed Case".

Funny!

What was with CONGRESSMAN Ed Case' voice anyway? It was all hoarse like he just returned from a Marilyn Manson concert.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Amazing what you find out when you call and just talk story with da people in da news department! KGMB folks told me--- that Keahi guy will be anchoring with Kim. And Jade will be off da 6:00 O'clock soon. Jus' me or does Keahi sound like an overdone Stone Philips/Mainland anchorman??? Gotta tone it down a little for da locals like me, please.
          Somebody mentioned Dave Erickson da new reporter on KHNL/KFVE, anchoring with Diane Ako on weekends. Not so, not an anchor promotion. They told me he was just subbing for Paul Drewes. I noticed Erickson seemed like a fish outta water with names and such. Poor guy really stuttered a few weekends ago.
          And folks at KHNL News told me they believe Marvin B. da new morning guy will take Lyle's "Does it Work" stories. They said Russell da sports guy may take Lyle's "Cheap Eats" stories. And 'dat's what I found out.
          Say what you mean and mean what you say....

Comment

Originally posted by tvnut
            I noticed Erickson seemed like a fish outta water with names and such. Poor guy really stuttered a few weekends ago.
            Yeah, I noticed that too, especially when he tried to pronounce some Hawaiian words/names. Don't worry, I guess he's in the process of learning to say them.

Comment

Originally posted by tvnut
              [...]
              And folks at KHNL News told me they believe Marvin B. da new morning guy will take Lyle's "Does it Work" stories. They said Russell da sports guy may take Lyle's "Cheap Eats" stories. And 'dat's what I found out.
              Within the last year or so I read or heard somewhere that "Does It Work" and "Cheap Eats" were exceptionally popular segments. Makes sense that KHNL will continue them. It remains to be seen if those are "Lyle dependent" segments or if they'll be adopted successfully!

Comment

I always liked the "You Paid For It!" ones about government waste. What ever happened to them?

Comment

I like to watch Lyle. He's refreshing in that he seems like a "real" person. TV news seems a little too made up sometimes. All style, little substance.

Speaking of style, Diane Ako has vamped up her look the past couple weekends- more glam, more sexy. I hope this is a new trend. I like it.

I didn't care much for her with Dave Ericson, my girlfriend thinks he's nice looking. It's just that he was too stiff and nervous as someone else pointed out earlier. I prefer her with Paul, it appears they are actually friends, or at least that's how it comes across on tv.

That Keahi Tucker guy looks and sounds very mainland. I feel like I'm in Chicago when I watch him. I mean this as a neutral comment or observation, not an insult.

Comment

another neutral comment/observation: paul drewes' hands are too small...i don't trust people with disproportionately small hands...
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters

Originally posted by Brad
                      Speaking of style, Diane Ako has vamped up her look the past couple weekends- more glam, more sexy. I hope this is a new trend. I like it.
                      Just saw the latest TalkStink with before-and-now photos of Diane.

Ho!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Just saw the latest TalkStink with before-and-now photos of Diane.

Ho!
                        Double "ho!" Thanks for making me aware of that.

After careful analysis, my girlfriend and I think they are real. We're going on a limb here, but if you look at the Saturday photo with her black top- the breasts lack that high rounded quality of implants.

We're not sure what to say about the brown dress. Looks small, but as I'm told, it could be a bad angle or lack of a bra.

Looknig at Sunday's photos with her in the light purple, flowery dress, compared to the pink t shirt, it actually appears to be the same mass, just redirected higher. I had to study the (purple) photo. I sacrifice, so others can benefit from my truth finding skills. You're welcome, guys.

So my summery is, it's the bra. But I'm willing to stay tuned for more weekends to study this matter.

Comment

So we weren't the only ones to notice. The dearly beloved and I were watching her last weekend when the observant fellow said "It appears that she is no longer stock but has had some after market parts installed!" If that's a bra - I wanna know where she got it. I'm sure the dh will be willing to keep watching along with Brad and other interested parties for further, ahem, developments.

Comment

A good bra can work miracles. That's all I'm sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                              A good bra can work miracles. That's all I'm sayin'.
                              Word. I've seen good bras in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                Word. I've seen good bras in action.
                                it's better to see a good bra out of action.

Comment

Working...
                                X