This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need computer help? Contact me!

Until people know how good I am with computers, I feel that the only way to get customers is to lower the price. Then if business is good, then maybe I'll raise it a bit (but not much, because I'm going against the big boys).

Oh, and the way I'll know they're a member of the forum, is that I'll check their username. If they have 0-10 posts, then I'll charge them more (plus, I know most of you, so it'll be easy to track).
    Last edited by adrian; September 23, 2005, 09:54 AM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I would toss out the two pleading things on yer sig. then, as a sig, make a link to yer computer help web site. Not many have confidence in someone who sez they are good with computers and want to make a business of it, who also does NOT have a web site delineating their expertise, background, charges, etc..
      and don't have the link say
      need computer help? contact me
      have it say sumpin like
      "ComputerDoc - tutoring - setup - install - troubleshooting"

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        I would toss out the two pleading things on yer sig. then, as a sig, make a link to yer computer help web site. Not many have confidence in someone who sez they are good with computers and want to make a business of it, who also does NOT have a web site delineating their expertise, background, charges, etc..
        and don't have the link say
        need computer help? contact me
        have it say sumpin like
        "ComputerDoc - tutoring - setup - install - troubleshooting"
        But the problem with a website, is that they're isn't that many good free hosts anymore.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

oh and another thing. possibly the most important. gonna go into binizz fer yerself?
          ya gotta develop much less of a negative, fatalistic, poor-me loser poverty conciousness perspective.
          Don't find reasons ya can't do something.
          Find ways you CAN do it.
          they are not problems. They are challenges to see how creative you are. how much of a problem solver you can be. after all, that is your business, is it not?
          people see this attitude and they will get around soon to thinking;
          jeez. this kid complains alot. he ain't gonna fix nuthin of mine!

Comment

scenario:
            someone wants computer help.
            you go to their place.
            install frontpage on their computer-wannabe windoze pile o scrap metal.
            then they say.
            "ok. I wanna create my own web site to show off me sweet lil kitty cats and me charmin lil kids."

You come back with:

"yea but the problem with that is, there are not many good free web site companies anymore."

You, my child, should expect yer lil fanny to be whisked outta that hale quicker than last year's dust bunnies.
            YOU have just proven to be an excuse maker, rather than a problem solver.
            and if we hear you make another excuse, well, this will be my reply:
            You may just not be cut out for running yer own business, and should instead, run to the nearest burger king where you will work under managers who will tell you what is possible and do it now, or else he will fire yer negative ass, pardon my French.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              But the problem with a website, is that they're isn't that many good free hosts anymore.
              just thot o sumpin; exactly HOW MANY do you need out there? a thousand?
              three hundred?
              heyall. ya only need one!

Comment

I'm just getting some real world experience (so far, we've been working in Vmware and 30 identical computers in school, so it doesn't give me all of the problems a computer will go through). Maybe when I get the ball rolling on a secure job, then probably I'll take some business classes and start a small business and maybe then I'll make special deals for HiThreads people.
                Thanks so much. That would be so cool & awsome of you!.

I don't really like to think that far in the future, or else I'll miss the tiny details in the present.
                That's true. Thanks for replying back, though.
                Wish you the very best in your venture.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I think if either me or one of us here find a good one for you...

I'll or We'll PM you with it, & see how you like it, ok?.

I'll look into it soon for ya.

I think I have seeing some around, & probably have saved some.
                  I will have to look back in my archives of the ones I have saves from before.

Don't know if they would be the ones you are looking for, but no promises & guarantees that it might be the right one & maybe it might be what you are looking for.

I or we will just look into it for ya.

Until then...

Good luck with your venture.

Good luck & God speed.
                  Last edited by Serenity; September 23, 2005, 11:09 AM.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

serenity, you are just too tranquil and serene;
                    Doc is da one who should be searching that out and gettin familiar with the territory.

YOU do that and YOU can charge him twenty smackers.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      serenity, you are just too tranquil and serene;
                      Doc is da one who should be searching that out and gettin familiar with the territory.

YOU do that and YOU can charge him twenty smackers.

I'm Just trying to be nice.

Aloha.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

being nice is one thing.
                        coddling and "enabling" is another.
                        he won't get anywhere people doing his work for him. let him get out from under mommy's apron strings.

help guide him to act on his own, in his chosen direction. THAT is what nice is.

Comment

docs plan of a business class gets me because it reminds me of me 21 years ago

friend says;why don't you start your own business
                          I say;ok,I will sign up for some business classes
                          friend says;business classes? Like what?
                          I reply;err accounting,management stuff like that
                          friend says;why take accounting before you have anything to account? or a management class before you have anything to manage?

Dude if you ever fixed a PC for $$ you are in your own business!! The small business is built one customer at a time and keeping him.Thru good service and an open mind a small business is natural and easy to do,it's working for another person thats the real work most times
                          My small business has provided as much money as I needed with low stress and control over the direction of my life,and I can't even spell! If I needed a great speller or a manager or accountant I can hire one they work very cheap!Now needing a person with good sense and imagination for problem solving.....THAT cost $$$$$$$$ think outside the box!
                          Last edited by Fondoo2; September 23, 2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

think outside the cliches.

(sorry)

Comment

I need a snipe filter,please!
                              Last edited by Fondoo2; September 23, 2005, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fondoo2
                                I need a snipe filter,please!
                                The only computer I've ever found with a "snipe filter" is one that's never attached to the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X