Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing places for a day!

hey everyone...

If you could change places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?

I would have to choose 'Hugh Hefner'.......enough said!!!
    Last edited by kevin_jay; September 23, 2005, 11:51 AM.

Re: changing places for a day!

Originally posted by kevin_jay
    hey everyone...

If you could change places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?

I would have to choose 'Hugh Heffner'.......enough said!!!
    But you'd probably want to change places with him for a day back in the 1960s or 1970s --- I sure wouldn't want to be him today, as he's enjoying all the joys that come with old age.

Comment

I'd want to be Neil Armstrong on July 20, 1969. First man on the moon, what a rush that must have been!

Comment

Heh. Maybe then you'd get your line right?

I'd probably want to be one of my kids. To see how I look to them - a caring parent or an ogre - and to live just for a while in a world where the biggest crisis in the universe is where the left high heel shoe to my Barbie doll went.

(The vacuum cleaner? Or my baby brother's mouth?)

Comment

I would have to choose 'Hugh Heffner'.......enough said!!!
          no, more to say:
          He will have no part of it, ya spell his name that way!

Comment

it would be with a 12 year old boy with downs on a day he gets taken for a walk in the park.
            one day sitting on a park bench smoking grass me and a buddy whatched a student field trip of children with downs walk by.I will never forget the look of joy and rapture on those kids faces as they were looking around.To me they seemed very close to God

Comment

again; god is everywhere: they are dog. I mean god.

uh wait;
              you were smokin grass? sheeyit, man. everything looks cool under those circumstances.
              Last edited by kimo55; September 23, 2005, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                again; god is everywhere: they are dog. I mean god.

uh wait;
                you were smokin grass? sheeyit, man. everything looks cool under those circumstances.
                8 years sober still looken cool

Comment

To trade a day as a regular guy at Yadrana village, Lakeba Island Fiji. Alot like the island in "Castaway" though with many friends, lovely ladies, coconut trees(with nuts), wonderful vegetable gardens, mountain streams, abundant seafood and a day there feels like 3 of ours. Best of all no watches. Boy would I put up a fight when that day was over.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Oh, Bill Gates. So I could quickly arrange a numbered Swiss bank account in my own name and transfer some small change there (like, half a million).

Comment

Probably President Bush. Cmon it can't be THAT hard to run a country.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                        Oh, Bill Gates. So I could quickly arrange a numbered Swiss bank account in my own name and transfer some small change there (like, half a million).
                        Yeah, pocket change for him.

-kevin_jay

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                          To trade a day as a regular guy at Yadrana village, Lakeba Island Fiji. Alot like the island in "Castaway" though with many friends, lovely ladies, coconut trees(with nuts), wonderful vegetable gardens, mountain streams, abundant seafood and a day there feels like 3 of ours. Best of all no watches. Boy would I put up a fight when that day was over.
                          That's kinda why I love living in Makaha. Ok, no vegetable garden, haven't found a mountain stream yet, plenty palm trees (no coconut on the property), abundant seafood but a few steps from my door and...no watches, ever! And I do put up a fight when I have to go into town! I'm not sure there's any 'paradise' that will make one day feel like 3 of ours, tho'. I've found that to be more age related than anything else...the older I get the faster time flies, even when I'm staring at the ocean in Makaha.

That island in Fiji sounds wonderful. I guess if I could change places for a day it would be with anyone who is currently a guest at the Kona Village Resort. When I have the opportunity to visit KVR I really do put up a fight when it's over! I'd love to live in a community patterned after this village.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            haven't found a mountain stream yet,
                            jes holoholo mauka side up near da heiau, sue!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              jes holoholo mauka side up near da heiau, sue!
                              Thanx, Kimo. Must admit, other than one cyber-ohana hike above Yokes oh, about 7 years ago, I've not explored too much mauka of Farrington Hwy...unless Uncle Ronnie has his yard sale back in Waianae Valley! My limited free time is spent makai! Even when I'm on location along the Waianae Coast, it's usually a beach or the caves.

I did, tho', think of someone I'd like to change places with for a day...a really great vocalist!!! What a gift it is to be able to belt out a great song! I just listened to Sarah Vaughan singing 'Taste of Honey'. Jeez...I'd love to be able to do that. And, I can't carry a tune in a paper bag. Poop!

Comment

Working...
                              X