No announcement yet.

Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    grrrrrr I really, *really* hatethatfarkingmovie! Rot, Sigorney, rot!!!! (and yet she was so talented in Heartbreakers and Ghostbusters...)
    Hmm. I didn't hate Sigorney Weaver, but Harry Connick Jr. made me totally queasy!
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

oh yeah, and add Silence of the Lambs to that list grugmbgrumblegrugroanrurmggrrrr...

==================
      edited to add, since I am on a roll, all those Night Shymalian movies. I know, I know; the buggah is brilliant. So I watch each one precisely *one* time, then I toss and turn for months/years fretting and reliving his movies over and over in my head. Crop circles, dead people and unbreakables, oh my.

</hiss>
      Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; September 26, 2005, 09:48 PM.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
        Hmm. I didn't hate Sigorney Weaver, but Harry Connick Jr. made me totally queasy!
        its taken a heckovalot of Will&Grace for HCJr to make amends...

pax

Comment

I had to walk out of Batman Begins twice due to the amount of soda I was drinking that day. Lucky for me another friend wanted to go the next day, so I went just so that I can see the missed scenes.

Comment

its taken a heckovalot of Will&Grace for HCJr to make amends...
            What's his status on Will & Grace? I love that show but never seem to watch it. Is this their last season? Are they still on?

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
              What's his status on Will & Grace? I love that show but never seem to watch it. Is this their last season? Are they still on?
              He was married to Grace during Season 4 or 5. I know that they are still on, heading into their final season (whine!!!) I catch them at 1030p....too late to be up, sure, but I love that show.

pax

Comment

He was married to Grace during Season 4 or 5. I know that they are still on, heading into their final season (whine!!!) I catch them at 1030p....too late to be up, sure, but I love that show.
                Yup, that's when I catch them, if I do, since I'm such a night owl.

I think I'll have to buy those dvd sets someday.

Comment

what an interesting thread. yup, definitely shows how different our tastes are. a bunch of the titles mentioned are titles that i actually liked, sometimes very much: vanilla sky (strange, but i found it intriguing), the matrix (i think it's a great movie), pulp fiction (quirky, but i like it), garden state (slow but it didn't get on my nerves), silence of the lambs (i liked it; thought hopkins did a great job).

i've seen lots of movies that i didn't like but never walked out on one...
                  525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

oops. forgot to mention elaine bennis's review of "the english patient" where she says, "just die already!!!"

(i actually haven't seen it yet... no special reason; just no interest.)
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I walked out of Twister because I was on 24-hour-a-day on-call status working in a youth shelter and had to get going. I did see it again the next day.

I RAN out of The Blair Witch Project because I got seasick. Had to run to the bathroom to puke, then just walked around the block a few times until my friends got out of the Cinerama.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                        I can't say I've ever walked out of a movie. But man Con Air and The Matrix
                        are among my favorite movies ...some people...hmmm
                        Yes, "some people" actually think The Matrix's tired, worn-out "oooh, lookie, alternate reality, drugs, what is reality? what is not reality? ooooh ... where are my shades?" is something new. Those of use who have been around a little longer know it's just recycled 1960s and '70s druggie babble (oh, and hello, Carlos Castaneda ... another crashing bore), recycled for a younger generation. But it's oh so original to anyone under 30 who hasn't checked out popular culture from previous generations. They think they invented it. <laughing>

However, the second movie did have a cool motorcycle/car chase in it. At least, I think it was the second Matrix movie. Not sure, really, because someone kiped it off the Internet and showed it to me on his computer. If the whole movie/series were made up of those scenes, I could quite easily tolerate it. Enjoy it, even. But please leave the recycled, overblown Timothy Leary lectures (with the addition of unnecessary sunglasses) out of it. <yawn>

Comment

Working...
                        X