• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie end credits

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    depends on:
    how much my bladder can hold
    if the lights are stilll out it usually means bonus scene (sometimes)
    a good song i want to look up

Quoted For Truth.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      When did the "ending credit" director feel it necessary to list everyone involved in the movie--from the writer, director, actors, caterers, go-fers, and cleaning ladies?
      It's been like that for quite sometime. I don't know if the 1978 movie version of Superman started it or not but that is the first movie I remember that ending credits spanned over 2 musical pieces.
      Last edited by helen; May 4, 2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Helen, what post are you quoting? I don't see that post anywhere.

It's true that in older movies, the credits are paltry, but I think a lot of what you see now has to do with unions. I'm only guessing, but that's what I figured when I started seeing a zillion names even in movies with few stunts and effects.

edit: okay, never mind. i see now where the quoted post is.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Unions maybe is one reason, another reason is that different companies are working on the same movie. Watching The Forbidden Kingdom had at least 3 different companies around the world during work on that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            It's been like that for quite sometime. I don't know if the 1978 movie version of Superman started it or not but that is the first movie I remember that ending credits spanned over 2 musical pieces.
            According to the DVD timing, the 1978 Superman movie's ending credits clock in at about 7:30. But in my mind, Stanley's Kubrick's 2001 (coming out 10 years earlier) started the trend of movies having a super long ending. In the original theatrical release, the "Blue Danube Waltz" (lasting for 8 minutes) continues playing even after the credits are finishing rolling, with audiences treated to a blank screen for the last couple of minutes, assuming they stayed in the theater to the very end. (And no, Kubrick had no surprise waiting at the conclusion.)
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Saw Iron Man today. There's a short scene AFTER the credits with Robert Downey Jr. and a (famous) actor who's not in the movie.

Eighty percent of the audience missed it because they left when the credits rolled.

My mom worked in the Hollywood film industry and would stay to see the credits because she knew many of them. I do it out of habit.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-leav...090000846.html

Not a fan of having extra scenes after the credits.

Comment

13 superhero movie post-credits scenes that never amounted to anything (yahoo.com)

Fake the throw.

Comment

Working...
                  X