X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

Originally posted by doc1456
    ...the non-existance of bookstores in Hawaii. I know that Barnes and Noble will open at Ala Moana soon, but Waldens/borders at Ala Moana is closed, same goes for borders Pearlridge (but they're opening a bigger store next year)...
    Hey, Doc!
    You don't have to wait that long for Borders at Pearlridge. Read here:
    Borders to open Pearlridge store
    I'm excited about this Thursday's opening. I drive by it every day going to and coming home from work. They even have their Borders signs all lit up.

I wasn't aware of Barnes and Noble opening at Ala Moana...where will that be?
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Ironically, the locations of the two competing bookstores will be in the old spaces of the same store in the two centers: they're both where JC Penney used to be.
      Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; October 12, 2005, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
        Ironically, the locations of the two competing bookstores will be in the old spaces of the same store in the two centers: they're both where JC Penney used to be.
        How ironic, indeed!

Speaking of JC Penney, that pisses me off that they closed up so many of their stores. Now I have to either mail order or shop when in Vegas.
        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

After spending countless hours working on my brochure, profreeding and redesigning the document. I go and print it at Kinkos and take it home, then while I was folding it I read it, and I found a few misspellings! But its no biggie, because the clerk did print it for free, but she gave me 4 copies instead of the intended 3.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            ...invisible rain (when you see its clear outside, but when you step outside, you can feel the rain)
            Man, you would HATE Seattle then...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              Man, you would HATE Seattle then...
              Ah...but Bruddah G...it's the mist that keeps our skin looking so young and fresh and not weathered and beaten up and looking like shoe leather!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Ah...but Bruddah G...it's the mist that keeps our skin looking so young and fresh and not weathered and beaten up and looking like shoe leather!
                NOW you tell me --- I thought it was a result of all those wacky chemicals I "tested" back in my college days! (When they once discussed drug testing in our office, a bunch of us volunteered and asked if we'd get to choose the drugs ourselves, or if they would be given to us "randomly.")

Comment

Going through Antonio withdrawls.

Forgetting if I took my medications.
                  Can't take it, I'll over dose. I just have to wait it out. If I get grouchy... run!

Have a great Aloha Friday!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just hate pau hana traffic. First off, the bus arrives 45 minutes late (taking a 4:30 bus), the there was traffic in the Aiea area, where I got off to stop by Pearlridge, then caught the bus that was behind the first bus I caught (and if it wasn't for the bridge, I could have caught the bus I got off) and it took another 45 minutes to reach home (at 6pm).
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

It pisses me off when people have preachy, hypocritical messages on their cars.

Like "Support Our Troops" on a ridiculously oversized, manhood-enhancing, gas-guzzling Ford Excursion whose driver apparently hasn't make the connection between his self-centered idiocy and the deaths of 2,000 young Americans. I swear to God, someone get me a high-powered rifle, and I'll sit on an overpass and ... Did I say that out loud?

On the way to work today, a car in front and to the right of me had that annoying "Slow Down, This Ain't The Mainland" bumper sticker. As I passed the car on the left, I saw that the young female driver had a cell phone plastered to her ear and was paying NO attention to anything going on around her. I felt like yelling, "Stop yapping -- this ain't the office!" but she had her window rolled up. Oh, to be young and oblivious.

Comment

that damn commercial with those eurotrash creeps sticking their noses into the camera telling us:

do you ever feel you have whourms?

....or if your computer's just axeen weeerd.

and I get pissed off each and every time that terrible HULK commercial comes on. with it's ab sole loot tully terrible animation and even worse theme song. made for idiots, drunkards and 3 year olds.

oh and what else pisses me off is that commercial where that punk kid is seemingly counting up to a thousand, counting these puffs of oily synthetic perfume mist shooting up from a dome thing designed for fooling the masses into buying this crap cuz it's supposed to freshen yer house but it just fills yer olfactory nerves with a stronger fragrance. The mother sits there reading a magazine looks at the brat with a smirk. EVERY thing about this commercial is criminal.
                        kill it before it multiplies.
                        Last edited by kimo55; October 29, 2005, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          I saw that the young female driver had a cell phone plastered to her ear and was paying NO attention to anything going on around her. I felt like yelling, "Stop yapping -- this ain't the office!" but she had her window rolled up. Oh, to be young and oblivious.
                          It pisses me off when middle-aged men yap on their cell phones as they drive too--they cut in and out of traffic and cut people off left and right, jabbering away in their big SUVs and aloha work attire, probably about where to meet for happy hour for a few beers or something. It ain't just the young when it comes to cell phones being used by drivers--it's an all-ages epidemic.

Comment

I write in my Blog. I post pictures and take my time as I am was never trained to "write." For the past two weeks I have been having problems. "Unseen" forces has all but taken out my pictures and what not. I had 80% back up late last night after almost one week of re-inserting them. Well, it's all gone again. This time -- I can't post any pictures, put enhancements nor respond back to comments. It's back to Basics as I did when I started.

It's ok. It's when down, that I get stronger. Plus, I got the best Web Master,
                            Handsome Johnny Barend!
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; October 29, 2005, 09:12 AM.
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aunty,

Host your pictures on your own website and that will never be a problem. Have your friend JB help ya! If not, I can.

Also remember, BACK UP your files! Burn all of it on CDR's.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                                It pisses me off when middle-aged men yap on their cell phones as they drive too--they cut in and out of traffic and cut people off left and right, jabbering away in their big SUVs and aloha work attire, probably about where to meet for happy hour for a few beers or something. It ain't just the young when it comes to cell phones being used by drivers--it's an all-ages epidemic.
                                You're right, of course. It just happened to be a young one that got to me yesterday.

Yeah, I see a lot of those guys you're talking about, too. Smoked windows half the time, too. For some reason, that just pisses me off even more!

OK, now to balance out my bitchiness, I'll post something under "national TV ads you like."
                                Last edited by MadAzza; October 29, 2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: I don't need a reason!

Comment

Working...
                                X