This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 4

I'd still prefer "angel soft" to "devilishly rough." All things considered.

Comment

- When people just talk to you when you're doing something else and minding your own business (almost slapped a friend when she commented that she was a member of a forum I was viewing)
      - When people use bright colored fonts on bright backgrounds for presentations; and/or just read off from the screen
      - People who give out too much info (someone gave her family member's ages, when it was supposed to be a presentation about themselves)
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        people who don't die when i shoot them.

If I ever had to do a Stephen Segal kinda of vendetta, I'd shoot the guy in the kneecaps, walk away eating a Hershey bar and let him die a slow death. Not this Wham Bam cleaver to the forehead and it's over in one breath kind of retaliation. Come on where's the entertainment value in seeing the killer of your wife beg for mercy while you control his ultimate fate.

Make it long and painful and make him pay dearly. No mercy from me when it comes to killing family members.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          I'd shoot the guy in the kneecaps, walk away eating a Hershey bar and let him die a slow death.
          Me, I'm better at just killing off the chocolate bar.

Comment

I was pissed. It happened on Halloween day. I guess I expected to happened. My computer CRASHED. I take full responsibility. I have a new computer. It's fully protected. I learned wisely...not to trust NOBODY with Passwords!

Life goes on. Oh! The computer withdrawls were deadly. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. It was worse than a drug addiction. How many days = 2!

Auntie Lynn is BACK
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              The computer withdrawls were deadly.
              Auntie, I think the REST of us go through withdrawals, when you're gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                Auntie, I think the REST of us go through withdrawals, when you're gone!
                You sweet! Mahalo!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                  I was pissed. It happened on Halloween day. I guess I expected to happened. My computer CRASHED. I take full responsibility. I have a new computer. It's fully protected. I learned wisely...not to trust NOBODY with Passwords!

Life goes on. Oh! The computer withdrawls were deadly. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. It was worse than a drug addiction. How many days = 2!

Auntie Lynn is BACK
                  Ya didn't get any...Floppy Bombs did ya?
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Painting textured walls, dark purple is just not a color i want in my bedroom...
                    Got Absinthe?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      Ya didn't get any...Floppy Bombs did ya?
                      Craig, I take full responsibility. The new one I got didn't last two days. They had to replace it with another new one with more memory. Now, #2 new one won't let me post pictures. I have to wait till Monday. At least I have internet connections. I'm happy.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

1. Hypocrites
                        2. People who take advantage of other's kindness
                        3. Perpetrators

I got no time for all those types of people

Comment

Originally posted by saigonwarrior
                          1. Hypocrites
                          2. People who take advantage of other's kindness
                          3. Perpetrators

I got no time for all those types of people
                          I'm guessing you didn't vote for the current Administration.

Comment

I just hate it when websites are down when I'm ready to take a test for class.

I get almost a perfect on the pre-test, and when I take the test, it told me that the server is down. To make it worse, its for Cisco, so right now, I'm laughing at the irony.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

"MyTV is coooooool."

Comment

what pisses me off here, is what perplexes me as much;
                                HOW to do some restaurants function and stay alive anyway?!

So we go to Palomino's for a birthday celebration. upon entering, a gaggle of young girls mill about at the entrance. it is up to us to introduce ourselves and request our reserved table.
                                The waiter, though conciliatory, continually returns to our table and tells us they ran out of this, ran out of that, AFTER we order it.
                                (I managed and worked in many restaurants thru the decades and we always had an open rapport with the barstaff and kitchen help; WHAT is on the 86 list? and IF and when something is no more, TELL us then and there.

The birthday girl had a plate of cold fish and rice delivered to her. Reprehensible. The birthday girl receiving cold food? the waiter brings another plate. the Fish is hot, but the rice, again, is cold. I have Lobster ravioli. and two beers with dinner. i wanted hefeweisen, but after ordering it, and waiting a while, was told, "we ran out of it". I am quite thirsty by this time, Woulda drank any beer. Why didn't he bring me ANY beer to just sip on while he explained the one i wanted was no more?!
                                i then choose another beer, he goes away. returns a little while later, again. empty handed. "We ran out of that too, sir."

OOoooookkkkaaaayyyy. What DO you have? he sez what. so i order that.

later, during dinner, and after an amount of time that they could have made more money on me by serving me at least another beer or two, when and IF anyone noticed my glass was near empty, I requested an anchor steam, please. about ten minutes go by. I get up to find him to, again, request my beer. and also request a creme brulee for the birthday gal, who i have pointed out discretely and described then, as well as once before. (when the creme brullee arrives, the person comes up and sez: "OK, who is the birthday girl?" while swinging the dish about...

about 2 thirds of the way through the dindin that i am enjoying ... yumm,,, creamy lobster ravioli, I need to visit "the room". I return a minute later and see my plate gone. No one asked me nor anyone else at table if they can take away a plate of about half eaten lobster dinner. Not only that, all other plates and stuff was cleared except the birthday gal's dinner, which of course, she was still enjoying at whatever leasure pace she is entitled to. I would be eating also, too, so as to not make her feel conspicuous or rushed, but that would not be my fate; I am as Oliver; my food taken away arbitrarily, tho' we would be charged the full rate.

add insult to injury, I am still hungry. I don't wanna stop eating yet, and it is dismaying and a little bit of a shock to see yer lobster gone. vanished before you are done. for no reason, at no one's behest. ... I purposefully held back from eating most of the day with the intent of reaaallly enjoying my meal with family and friends. just to have it scooped away from me unceremoniously while I am not looking?!
                                da hell kinda place was that anyway?!

We have this good bread with dinner, but no butter is served. i must request it. Bread is cold. I ask a passing hostess or waitress and ask; "eh you guys ever serve your bread heated?"
                                "No we never do...."
                                is the reply.

I ask for another thing of bread when the basket empties. Now, it is heated. what daaaa?! Why could we not have ... ahhh fergeddit.

Upon leaving, i ask one of the bimbos, I mean young ladies at the hostess stand where the manager is. i would like to talk with the manager.
                                She gestures in the general direction of the bar. i walk a few steps that way, looking at her. "WHERE is the manager!?"
                                still, she waves her hand in that area. I see a bar fulla people. What exactly DOES she expect me to do? Go up to each and ask, "please kind sir, are yoooo the manager?!"

three times i request she show me who the manager is., Even tho she should ascertain I am a customer who requires an intro to the manager, personally, then and there; she appears to be doing nothing more than drying her fingernail polish.

Finally she points him out. he is busy talking with waitstaff or bartenders about football or something. I tell him I just had a 20 dollar plate of lobster served me and almost half of it yanked away from me. he sez; "well, i can have some made for you and you can eat it at home". nice gesture, but too little too late. I say that is not the point; I wanted to dine with my dinner companions. the well has been poisoned already. i say this just in the remote chance you may be interested in preventing this in future.
                                (now, most any restaurant manager back in the day of good service would have assertively handled this by possibly deducting something from the check. But no such gesture was forthcoming. Nor an invite for a free drink or appetizer next time we came; just; "have some take home!"

I say:
                                Oh and another thing; in many upscale restaurants it sometimes is customary to not have the table completely cleared while one person finishes their dinner all alone. This is uncomfortable.
                                he sez; "well, its our policy to do that; to clear all the plates regardless, but we always ask if the person wants their plate taken away." I then respond with the first and only thing that would instantly come to any thinking person's mind;
                                "well, that certainly wasn't your policy the moment MY dinner was taken from me..."

Service. "good service" where did it go to?

And all you aloha spirit filled readers out there in HT land, don't bother responding with:
                                "well I dated a waitress and she came home every nite bitching about how everyone she serves is a spoiled demanding whiner"
                                or
                                "well, you should be more pleasant"
                                or
                                "You should lower your expectations"
                                or
                                "I dated a couple of waitreses who cried to me that it's a hard job and hate it when customers come in expecting happy happy server and stupid customers that think they are too important to be inconvenienced and that pisses me off"

as before, this whole diatribe presupposes that we, all there, tonight, were the epitome of congeniality. But the message is; the way we were treated was not commensurate with the supposed level of cuisine, supposed stature or reputation of the restaurant and the definite level of the bill.
                                Last edited by kimo55; November 19, 2005, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X