Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I just finished that one! I like Hoag's books because she combines really good crime stories with a little hot romance on the side
    The first few pages look good! I can't wait to get started.

Comment

I just started reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I read it ten years ago when it first came out, so this is a re-read for me. It’s a long novel (900+ pages) and it juggles about half a dozen story lines from different periods, different locations, which can be confusing at times. But somehow, it works.

Comment

"An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon -- her latest in the romance/time travel (I know, it's a funny category) Outlander series. I can't get enough of it!

I also am reading the Midnight Breed vampire series (*gasp* I'm embarrassed to admit it OUT LOUD)

Oooh, ooh, and James Patterson's Maximum Ride series.

I love books in series -- anyone have good horror/romance/drama series' to recommend?
        Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Bob Spitz's 900+ page bio of The Beatles. Thought it the appropriate read to coincide with the box-set remastered albums and the video game released today.
          Finished yesterday - took me two months. I just don't get enough reading time in my day.

Starting next: "Defying Gravity" by Carol De Giere, about the works of Broadway composer Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Godspell, many others).

Comment

Originally posted by missjaqi View Post
            "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon -- her latest in the romance/time travel (I know, it's a funny category) Outlander series. I can't get enough of it!

I also am reading the Midnight Breed vampire series (*gasp* I'm embarrassed to admit it OUT LOUD)

Oooh, ooh, and James Patterson's Maximum Ride series.

I love books in series -- anyone have good horror/romance/drama series' to recommend?
            I absolutely LOVE Gabaldon's books! I've read them all - several times for each.

Have you read the Stephanie Plum novels? they are in a series starting with "One for the Money". They have action, romance & will make you laugh out loud at times that can be embarassing. I was reading one on the bus the other day & i was laughing so hard i had to put it away!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Hmmm what am I currently reading? How about the Help Wanted ads! I'm sure that's on the TOP 10 nowdays...especially now that 10% is now the unemployment rate.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I just started Third Degree by Greg Isles.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  Have you read the Stephanie Plum novels?
                  Not yet, but I'm adding them to my library queue!

I've also read and re-read Gabaldon's books. Just love Jamie and Claire!
                  Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

I’m just into Last Evenings on Earth by Roberto Bolaño, translated from the Spanish by Chris Andrews. A collection of exquisitely rendered short stories (based on the first three stories I’ve read so far).

Comment

Originally posted by missjaqi View Post
                      Not yet, but I'm adding them to my library queue!

I've also read and re-read Gabaldon's books. Just love Jamie and Claire!
                      taking inspiration from this thread, I purchased Gabaldon's "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" - all 1,438 pages of it! I started reading it a couple days ago & just don't want to put it down
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                        Valley of the Dolls. And it's really not as scandalous as I'd been led to believe. Although it did come out in 1966, so maybe it was at the time.
                        I read it when it first came out...I wasn't too shocked, even then. A good read; enjoy!

Comment

trying to get into my new book, The Historian, a novel by Elizabeth Kostova. It's like Da Vinci Code, but about vampires...Vlad the Impaler, Dracula.... alleging they exist today. hmmmmm.

Comment

Just finished A Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. Pretty good and kind of eerily fitting considering it's about a plague in England in 1665.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                              These were my favorite when I was a kid. Anyone else read them?
                              OMG!! I had ALL of the Trixie Belden books when I was a kid!!!! I used to beg my mom for 5 bucks when she took us to the mall just so I could run over to Waldenbooks just to get another Trixie book! Actually, Im going home for the holidays, and I can read them when Im there!!! Awesome!

When you start reading Sweet Valley High tho, Im gonna start to worry....
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

oh, and what Im reading now is *Wampeters, Foma & Granfalloons* by Kurt Vonnegut.
                                Oh Kurt! You left us too soon! You owe me another book or 12! Damn!
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X