What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

Modern Recording Techniques (sixth edition) by David Miles Huber & Robert E. Runstein. It's the textbook for my classes in Audio Production (and Huber is one of the instructors.)

Comment

I'm half-way into To Kill A Mockingbird. Never read it, as it simply wasn't on the required reading list as i was edumacated. I'm enjoying it immensley. But now my affected Southern drawl is completely out of hand.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

"The Long Walk" by Slavomir Rawicz

"Cavalry officer Slavomir Rawicz was captured by the Red Army in 1939 during the German-Soviet partition of Poland and was sent to the Siberian Gulag along with other captive Poles, Finns, Ukranians, Czechs, Greeks, and even a few English, French, and American unfortunates who had been caught up in the fighting. A year later, he and six comrades from various countries escaped from a labor camp in Yakutsk and made their way, on foot, thousands of miles south to British India, where Rawicz reenlisted in the Polish army and fought against the Germans. The Long Walk recounts that adventure, which is surely one of the most curious treks in history." http://www.amazon.com/Long-Walk-True...4386912&sr=1-1
        Last edited by sinjin; November 6, 2007, 11:11 AM.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Away by Amy Bloom. I'm enjoying it so far.

Comment

Bob Basso's "If B.S. Were Concrete I'd be Route 66", hilarious book!

Aj

Comment

Still chewing on Don Quixote. 1,000 pages of 8-point type.
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

i need to read the secret again.
                "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

I just finished The Last Season by Eric Blehm. An excellent book, though not a happy tale. Highly recommended, particularly for those who enjoy complex people and the merciless aspects of nature. Men's Journal review.

Comment

The Shroud of the Thwacker, a comic murder mystery (sort of) by actor/humorist Chris Elliott.

Comment

Currently working my way through three novels:

The Divine Comedy: Dante
                      Moby Dick: Melville
                      The Princess Bride: Morgensternne
                      Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

"Piece By Piece" - a semi-spiritual biographical collection of writings by musician Tori Amos, with music writer/critic Ann Powers.

Comment

I recently purchased a Sony eBook reader like the ones pictured below...

After plugging in a SD card with a couple of hundred books, I'm currently reading Haruki Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore", George Orwell's "Burmese Days", and Adam Smith's "An Inquiry into the Wealth of Nations." Thanks to websites like Project Gutenberg, ManyBooks, MobileRead, etc. and a couple of memory cards, I'll soon have about 10,000 titles on my eBook reader without having to to go to a library or bookstore.
                          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K View Post
                            I recently purchased a Sony eBook reader like the ones pictured below...

After plugging in a SD card with a couple of hundred books, I'm currently reading Haruki Murakami's "Kafka on the Shore", George Orwell's "Burmese Days", and Adam Smith's "An Inquiry into the Wealth of Nations." Thanks to websites like Project Gutenberg, ManyBooks, MobileRead, etc. and a couple of memory cards, I'll soon have about 10,000 titles on my eBook reader without having to to go to a library or bookstore.
                            Could you tell us a bit about how you're liking the Sony eBook so far? Also, had you considered buying Amazon's Kindle instead? If so, why'd you choose the eBook over it? Thanks--I'm just trying to figure out if I need to beg Santa for it this Christmas.
                            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

I have had plucker on my palm os cellphones for a few years now. The only book I keep on it continuously is the skeptics annotated bible (a complete King James bible, but with full rips/references every way imaginable). I just can't get into reading books™ via the e-format.

Jonah, what do you like about your reader?

(btw, I just bought the NIV Archaeological Bible. Fascinating in its annotation. I wish these notes were in the Oxford Annotated Bible, but oh well).

pax

Comment

It's nice to be on vacation and enjoy the time to read a good book that has been in my family for years:

"OUTCAST Stallion of Hawaii" by Harlan Thompson is a book based on fact but a fictionalization of life on Kukuiau Ranch on the Big Island in the early 1950s. The story focuses on a mainland boy who moves to the ranch, learns the ins and outs of cowboy life and mends a broken horse. The story is based on and features some of the people in name who actually lived there back in the day.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X