What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iggy/The Stooges

Just picked up The Stooges: The Authorized And Illustrated Story.
    Quite good. Lot's of great (big) pix and word content, much of both never enjoyed before.

Nice to know the dum dum boys got their $ due, in spades, recently after so many years of watching Ig get all the glory. A nice epilog to Ron Asheton's legacy as one of rock's truly great men.

And how cool they are still able to pull it out of the fire yet again, able to continue the unbelieveable tale w/James back on lead.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: What are you currently reading?

Stopped by at Jelly’s and picked up The Silent Cry by Kenzaburō Ōe, translated from the Japanese by John Bester. Ōe was awarded the 1994 Nobel Prize in Literature. Why did it take me so long to finally read him? Only two chapters in (long chapters), but so far, this is a revelation!

Comment

Just starting Michael Davis's "Street Gang" - a behind-the-scenes history of "Sesame Street."

Comment

Another Grisham book - King of torts. The wifey has already played out the storyline to me. bIG hot-shot lawyer with troubled love affairs, blah! blah! blah! I guess it's quite predictable

Comment

Finally finished "At Dawn We Slept". As historical writing goes, this was exceptional. Action packed, especially the attack narrative.

Still trudging through "Age of Faith", but now I'm on the Crusades part, and it's terrific.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I just started reading Water For Elephants, by Sara Gruen

Comment

So I picked up Tom Clancy's Op Center series: Under Siege and read thru the first chapter and realized I have to read the series in sequence. Darn, so which is the sequence to read these?
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig, try here. I didn't see one called Under Seige, but this lists all the novels in the series. I know Stephen Coots wrote the book the movie was based on, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  Under the Dome by Stephen King. It's a brick of a book (1,050+ pages), but I figure I can read and exercise (weight lifting) at the same time.

I've always been fascinated by the theme of a group of people being cut off from the world--The Lord of the Flies by William Golding; The Plague by Albert Camus; and, of course, the TV series Lost, though the isolation there lasted only a few seasons.
                  When you finish this, try Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I just started reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Comment

I found a Traveling Book! Redwall, by Brain Jacques, to be exact. It was in the Goodwill rack (for 99cents, but I figure that is a donation.) This morning DS and I posted our find on the website. After reading it, we will re-release it into the wild!

It has a bright pink "Free Book" sticker on it, and a good description in the front cover of the premise for the Traveling Books.

Comment

Picked up and finished reading Tom Clancy's "Power Plays - Politika" and was reminded of his solid writings before Op-Center came out.

Now I'm reading Craig Dirgo's "The Einstein Papers" and am not impressed with his writing, but I'm trudging thru it to the end.

I pick up books for 50-cents at The Salvation Army then donate them back for someone else to read. Great way to keep the brain's neurons connected and support literacy by donating the book back.

Comment

I Am Ozzy

Nuff said.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Decided to pick up a book called "Whiteout" by Ken Follett. One thing I learned from reading this book was what "duvet" means. For an American, reading Follett's writings was a bit of a challenge trying to understand the idioms and slangs of Western Europe, like using "Purchase" to describe the wheels of a Ferrarri finding traction on a snow-covered road.

But in the end I figured it out and got the plot..."Bang On"!! I kinda like that term.

Comment

The Time of the Hero by Mario Vargas Llosa, translated from the Spanish by Lysander Kemp.

I bought this book at the Friends of the Library Sale years ago (probably in the 1970s or 1980s) for just thirty cents. It’s been sitting on my bookshelf ever since, but surprisingly, it’s in excellent condition (American first edition, 1966, hardcover). This was Vargas Llosa’s first novel.

Comment

Next up: Hallelujah Junction, writings by contemporary American classical composer John Adams.

Comment

Working...
                                X