What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

Finished (finally) the Lombardi biography. Title of the book was "When Pride Still Mattered". What a fitting title in this day and age ala the St Louis thread, and the erosion of discipline as per a certain side of the political coin.

Now I'm going back to finishing the Belichek biography. Only 20 pages left.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Meanwhile, I again would also like to know, What are you currently reading?
      Grief. It has been so long since I last finished a book. There are six languishing on a table in my room right now with Garrison Keillor's "Pontoon" about half finished.

I blush to admit that I have become an utter addict of the Game Boy. [Yep, blush].

Comment

Just finished 'My Ishmael' by D. Quinn. Loads of fun. Quinn presents an interesting take on prehistory as guidance for the future.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I'm halfway through "May It Please The Court" - transcripts of oral arguments in landmark cases before the Supreme Court. (I was doing post-production on the tapes that accompany the book, and got drawn in.)

Comment

Just finished Her Last Death

http://www.amazon.com/Her-Last-Death...7359670&sr=1-1

Not a comfortable book to read but I think it was well written.

Now I am reading The Death of Vishnu

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Vishnu-N...7359732&sr=1-1

I enjoy the way people and events are described in this book. Not that everything is beautiful but the descriptions ring true and I can easily imagine what's being described in the book.

Comment

I'm currently reading Hawaii's Story By Hawaii's Queen

Comment

I am currently reading three books that I borrowed from Honolulu Community College, there are Hawaiian Folklores.

• One Paddle, Two Paddle: Hawaiian Teenage Mystery and Suspense Stories by Miriam E. Rappolt
                • The Legend of Lai'eikawai by Dietrich Varez
                • Talking Story with Nona Beamer: Stories of a Hawaiian Family by Winona Desha Beamer
                Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  Likewise. I doubted he(Murray) could pull it off. But as it turned out, I really liked what his comedic sensibility brought to the part.

Are you by chance a Herman Hesse fan as well?
                  I'm a huge Herman Hesse fan. Steppenwolf; Siddhartha; The Glass Bead Game; Narcissus and Goldmund; Beneath the Wheel; Damien

I've got a dvd of the movie Steppenwolf with Max Von Sydow as Haller. I think they did an exceptional job. I understand there's apparently a respectable film version of Siddhartha, too. I know it's a hair off-topic, but has anyone seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                    I'm a huge Herman Hesse fan. Steppenwolf; Siddhartha; The Glass Bead Game; Narcissus and Goldmund; Beneath the Wheel; Damien

I've got a dvd of the movie Steppenwolf with Max Von Sydow as Haller. I think they did an exceptional job. I understand there's apparently a respectable film version of Siddhartha, too. I know it's a hair off-topic, but has anyone seen it?
                    I just finished "The Glass Bead Game" a couple of days ago. I think I saw "Siddhartha" some years ago. May have to rewatch. FWIW I think "Narcissus and Goldmund" to be his best novel.

While we're at it, do you know Kahlil Gibran?

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Heart-.../dp/080650062X

This is one of my all-time favorite books.
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                      I just finished "The Glass Bead Game" a couple of days ago. I think I saw "Siddhartha" some years ago. May have to rewatch. FWIW I think "Narcissus and Goldmund" to be his best novel.

While we're at it, do you know Kahlil Gibran?

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Heart-.../dp/080650062X

This is one of my all-time favorite books.
                      I've read Gibran's 'The Prophet' about 3 times and it's one of my favorites. Amazingly, I hadn't even thought about what other books he might have written. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I find 'Narcissus and Goldmund' to be among his least successful efforts. The storyline/message is good, but it drags in a repetitive fashion and has literary shortcomings (I thought better of it when teen-aged).
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I am currently reading "The Other Boleyn Girl", I have watched a movie and I liked it so much-I decided to read a book! It's great! I love history based books!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467200/

Comment

Elbert Hubbard's Scrapbook

A collection of snippets and quotes from his lifetime of reading condensed into a single book. I will start to use some of them in my signature.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I just started reading Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown.

Comment

A Nation of Wimps: the High Cost of Invasive Parenting

brilliant book.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X