Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you currently reading?

I am reading "House of Many Gods" by Kiana Davenport
    I have really enjoyed her style of writing. It has so many Hawaiian traditions and beliefs as well as being very informative about Russian life. It is a novel and weaves a rich tapestry of cultures. Couldn't put it down.
    Art is an extension of Life.

Elayne Kongaika
    http://elayne.imagekind.com

Comment

Originally posted by elayne View Post
      I am reading "House of Many Gods" by Kiana Davenport
      I have really enjoyed her style of writing. It has so many Hawaiian traditions and beliefs as well as being very informative about Russian life. It is a novel and weaves a rich tapestry of cultures. Couldn't put it down.
      " The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."
      Picasso

Elayne Kongaika

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to update my website - it is now

Thanks for understanding.

Elayne Kongaika

Comment

"The Mysterious Affair at Styles: A Detective Story" by Agatha Christie

It's a 1920 mystery classic.
          stay forever young

Comment

The Girl With No Shadow
            by Joanne Harris

(This is a sequel to Chocolat.)
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I need a break for some fiction, something I rarely read. Think I'll head off into Garrison Keillor territory, starting with his "WLT: A Radio Romance" from 1991.
              Finished yesterday, then started on his "The Book Of Guys." I think I have about five more of his books ahead, if I read them in order of publication. If they all read this fast, I'll likely stay with him all the way through to the most recent, "Pontoon" (just out in paperback) and "Liberty" (just released in hardback).
              As of Friday, on to yet another Keillor volume, "Wobegon Boy." These are fast reads for me.
              Just started the last (and latest) one, "Liberty," last week. I'm giving 'em all to my mother when I finish.

Comment

I was rummaging around in the garage the other day and came across an old copy of "Hawaii" by James Michener and made the mistake of sitting down and starting to read it again, and it captivated me so I am getting reacquainted with Teroro, Malama, Captain Hoxworth, and all the other characters of Michener's book. My first time visiting the Bishop Museum I could picture Michener strolling through and saying to himself..."Hey, this would be a really good book!"

He was a superb author though some people find him long winded. A look at Afghanistan is provided in "Caravans" and the history of the 3 western religions and of the Middle East in "The Source". Those and "Hawaii" are my favorites by him.

Comment

I don't read alot but when I do it's usually crime novels by Patricia Cornwell. She ROCKS !!!
                  http://www.liftforlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567
                  http://360.yahoo.com/legal_secretary_in_montreal2001
                  If you see it and believe it, then you can achieve it and be it

Comment

Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama (audiobook)

It's made my commute much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                      Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama (audiobook)
                      Is listening to an audiobook the same as "reading"? Vanguard, to balance this out, you will now have to read some music.

Comment

I don't think so developmentally wise. A toddler that is read to is more likely to develop his/her brain more effectively than one that is planted in front of the TV set all day.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Is listening to an audiobook the same as "reading"? Vanguard, to balance this out, you will now have to read some music.
                          Haha! Maybe I'll buy this to balance it out. I'll listen to an audiobook while reading sheet music!

This reminds me of the time in grade school when I kept writing book reports on film novelizations until they made a rule against it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                            This reminds me of the time in grade school when I kept writing book reports on film novelizations until they made a rule against it!
                            Oh, you need to read this comic strip (and this one, and finally this one).

Comment

Oh, you need to read this comic strip (and this one, and finally this one).
                              Nice. I suppose a lot of kids thought it was a great idea!

Comment

This is a very good book report. I don't read fantasy myself, but I'm going to recommend my ol man read this one, just because I think from your description, he'd like it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X