Possible to keep geckos away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to keep geckos away?

I've noticed in my classroom, in the Pearl Harbor area, that I have some BIG kine, bamboocha geckos. I think they've been making house in my classroom, and I think, living above the ceiling tiles. They create droppings EVERYWHERE gecko-ly possible ---which is everywhere, and I'm tired of it! I realize they eat other bugs and mosquitos and things like that, but ugh, too many droppings!!

Is there any way to keep them away?
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Re: Possible to keep geckos away?

The best way to keep the geckoes away is to eliminate their food source -- the bugs. If you get rid of the bugs, the geckoes won't stick around.

Comment

the way to get rid of bugs is to keep a few geckos around. they eat bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        Oh, that's too funny. I was thinking the same thing. All that gecko poop is, essentiallly, dead bugs! I can't imagine how many bugs there would be without the geckos!

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Funny, kimo, funny. I realize they eat bugs, but I still have mosquitos and I hate their droppings! I suppose I will have to come to terms with them and learn to live in harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
            I suppose I will have to come to terms with them and learn to live in harmony.
            uh... you new to Hawaii?!

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
              Oh, that's too funny. I was thinking the same thing. All that gecko poop is, essentiallly, dead bugs! I can't imagine how many bugs there would be without the geckos!
              Ahh, I am seeing this will be a short thread! I would just like to train them to live in my classroom, but poop outside.

Gecko management:
              1. Eat dead bugs.
              2. Go outside to make da kine.
              3. Don't hide by the teacher's desk or computer.
              4. Keep daytime disruptions to a minimum (no running across walls during class time).

Comment

uh... you new to Hawaii?!
                No, born and raised here. I am quite familiar with geckos, just living in a fantasy world where they can eat all the bugs, but not lay droppings everywhere! I particularly do not like them running near my desk or workarea, or any eating areas in the home.

Comment

I have one idea! Somebody should invent "Gecko diapers" so you can have one or 2 Gecks (one of my favorite "animals" because they're cool and I love the way they stick to ceilings) around all the time and not worry about da droppings. They have "diapers" for birds, so why not Geckos? Maybe they're not Geckos, TT, maybe they're chameleons, if they're that bumbucha?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    I have one idea! Somebody should invent "Gecko diapers" so you can have one or 2 Gecks (one of my favorite "animals" because they're cool and I love the way they stick to ceilings) around all the time and not worry about da droppings. They have "diapers" for birds, so why not Geckos? Maybe they're not Geckos, TT, maybe they're chameleons, if they're that bumbucha?
                    No, they are geckos. If they were chameleons I'd get no teaching done, I'm sure. The "gecko diapers" are funny---I think mine would need the "toddler" size.

Comment

A little reading might come in handy here.

How to Recycle a Dead Gecko by Dennis Fujitake and Kevin Sullivan

Return of the Dead Gecko by Kevin Sullivan and Dennis Fujitake

Gecko Owners Guide

Then there are these "Chet Gecko" books that you can use to endear those geckos to your kids!

Farewell, My Lunchbag: A Chet Gecko Mystery by Bruce Hale (Paperback)
                      Books: See all 19 items (Rate this item)
                      Buy new: $4.95 Used & new from $0.15 Usually ships in 24 hours
                      • Excerpt from page 23 "... Julius Caesar is a little dead," said Mrs. ... You're a gecko." "Not that kind of retainer, ..."
                      See more references to dead gecko in this book.

The Mystery of Mr. Nice: A Chet Gecko Mystery by Bruce Hale (Paperback)
                      Buy new: $4.95 Used & new from $0.19 Usually ships in 24 hours
                      • Excerpt from page 77 "... can beat a quick- draw gecko when there's food at stake. ..."

The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery by Bruce Hale (Paperback)
                      Buy new: $4.95 Used & new from $0.01 Usually ships in 24 hours
                      • Excerpt from page 52 "... against the outside wall. If geckos had ears, ... lead. A dead end. And I wasted precious ..."

Heee!

Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                        A little reading might come in handy here.
                        Then there are these "Chet Gecko" books that you can use to endear those geckos to your kids!...
                        Cool, Blaine! I will definitely have to look those up. Thanks so much!

I am now reminded of a short story that was run in the Advertiser (? not sure) about a gecko that was scared of climbing walls. Does that sound familiar? I think the gecko got over his fear by wearing a parachute. Oh, I should look for it. Though I can't remember much right now, I do know it was a cute story!

Comment

Search Amazon for "Dead Gecko" and you'll find them.

Comment

The cruel and harsh solution to the problem is to call in the exterminators and fumigate the entire classroom, probably on a regular basis to keep all the vermin out.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

geckos are good luck so getting rid of them...
                              Reggie aka pinakboy
                              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                              Recipe Tube TV!
                              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                              X