Those &%$#@ birds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those &%$#@ birds!!

Anyone else here got the problem of birds in your attic??
    They peck through the screens covering the vent holes in the eaves and make these nests all over.

I just plugged most of the holes with those aluminum caps, but I can't get to about 6 holes. I also put fiberglass insulation in the attic, thus it's a real hassle (albeit, impossible) to get to them from the inside.

Any suggestions?

Re: Those &%$#@ birds!!

Only suggestion is to fumigate...but then you'd have dead birds in the attic...and would have to get to them anyway...hmmmm, just put a "mean" cat up there!
    Retired Senior Member

Comment

nope..juss in my chimney...!!this is our second yr in this house.neigbors say they've been coming for over 50 yrs to my house.only lasts for 3 or so weeks..ooh..cute @ first.but, whenever my son's yahoo messenger buzzes on the computer it wakes em up...sorry..wish i could help!! i'll trade ya tho!! i have squirrels in my attic.. we hear them scrabbling around all the time..specially during pecan season...

Comment

Bird, squirrels, and we just got rid of RATS! Our two siamese cats used to sit and stare at a couple of walls, and finally we heard what they heard. Put rat trap out on back patio, and sure enough, we got rats, two in a day, another the next, few days and another, and we just got our eighth rat in this cheap little trap. Beginning to think we had all of ours around the fifth one, as the cats don't stare at any walls anymore, and maybe we're getting rats from neighbors yards every week or so. Thank goodness they aren't the largest rats, as they just look like big mice to me, but big enough they are rats.
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Birds like to shit on my car on the day I have the vehicle washed.

I'm quite surprised the system lets the "s word" through without turning it to goofy characters. I thought there was a built in safeguard for this kind of thing. I just made this post to test the system.
          Last edited by mel; August 2, 2004, 12:46 AM. Reason: added footnote
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
            Birds like to shit on my car on the day I have the vehicle washed.
            You & everyone else, I am sure.
            My hubby gets them to, on his car.
            &%$#@ birds! disgusting! eww!.
            You think there's a way we can
            just shoot 'em?

What's worse....
            he has his car washed by either
            hand or that big machine...
            then, it starts to rain on him.
            What a bummers.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

OK, another bird problem. I have a couple of nice papaya trees in my yard, but I never get to enjoy my papaya fruits because birds come and peck holes in 'em before they're ripe. Then all I have left are these empty papaya skins hanging from the tree, like limp deflated rubber balloons.

How can I keep those pesky birds off of my papayas?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                OK, another bird problem. I have a couple of nice papaya trees in my yard, but I never get to enjoy my papaya fruits because birds come and peck holes in 'em before they're ripe. Then all I have left are these empty papaya skins hanging from the tree, like limp deflated rubber balloons.

hey, that gave me an idea. what if.. you actually were to hang helium or reg air filled balloons around da fruit or top o da trees.. wouldn't the movement scare away the birds?

Comment

yeah but make sure they pop them before you go out and harvest them or else you going crap in your pants when you try to cut one open
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I live in blueberry country here in Oregon, and we get special see-through stuff that the birds can't peck through. It's kinda like netting, but is more opaque. it works great.

If you can't get it there, I could get some for you and send it if u no mind paying da postage etc... is really lightweight so shouldn't cost much to send.

Or, try Googling "bird netting".... get some awesome results lidat.
                    Aloha,
                    Mokihana

Comment

you could wrap the papayas in paper bags. my neighbor does this with his avocado tree.

Comment

Shotgun works wonders on my farm....bout once every two weeks i sit out, under the big tree, with a 6 pack of barley soda, and fire at them for 1/2 the day....don't worry, i'm a terrible shot...but it scares the feathers off em....after that, not a single bird around for at least a week to 10 days

i think they are smart as hell
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Just the other night my wife and I heard this thumping sounds coming from a two drawer filing cabinet I keep in our carport out in the back of our home where I keep some assorted cables (we also have a two car enclosed garage in the front)

It's a rat I tell my wife so we devise a plan to kill it mercifully. We back our Chevy Astrovan as close to the cabinet as we can and I stick a vacuum hose from the exhaust pipe and into the cabinet and duct tape the whole thing shut.

A few minutes later I hear this sound of something with a mean case of asthma then silence. Stopping the engine we open the draw and find two rats all make la dat inside.

Maybe you can try flushing the birds out with smoke in the attic? Couple of post New Year smoke bombs upstairs might do the trick.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                            Maybe you can try flushing the birds out with smoke in the attic? Couple of post New Year smoke bombs upstairs might do the trick.
                            Sounds logical, for half-a-second...then...uh oh. I'd think long and hard before I tried that on my half-million dollar house. Hehehe. Maybe he can fog the attic with something that doesn't rely on FIRE!!
                            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                              Shotgun works wonders on my farm....bout once every two weeks i sit out, under the big tree, with a 6 pack of barley soda, and fire at them for 1/2 the day....don't worry, i'm a terrible shot...
                              That's what shotguns are for ... bird huntin' and bad shots.

but it scares the feathers off em....after that, not a single bird around for at least a week to 10 days
                              Plotting their revenge!

"He just finished washing the car ... Let's go!"

Comment

Working...
                              X