UH vs Boise State, 44-41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs Boise State, 44-41

I read the news today oh boy... it's true... I thought it was a bad nightmare. Great game actually, for (as Bobby Curran would say) it's entertainment value. Last 3 minutes of the game all we had to do was kick the extra point to tie... they blocked it (huh? blocked an extra point?!) and run it all the way back for a safety....nooooo! Onside kick fails... BS runs the clock out.

Offense and defense rocked... special teams sucked. Lotsa freshman (our receiving corps, watchout!) stepped up. But plenty freshman mistakes on D.

On top of that, had to walk in the rain, over the freeway with the rest of the cattle to get to our ride.

Re: UH vs Boise State, 44-41

How much rain was there during the game? Wonder if it helped or hurt our guys?

Considering I was expecting a score closer to 33-3, I'm somewhat relieved. But I am bummed to hear that we probably could have had this game... that it wasn't the other team's skill that made the difference, but our own team's mistakes.

Read in the Star-Bulletin rack that we were one field goal away from a tie. Might not sting as bad as missing a game-winning kick, but... I'd hate to be that guy.

Comment

Re: UH vs Boise State, 44-41

I didn't see the game, but saw the scoreboard (i.e. stats). Even though they lost to BS, I believe they have a pretty decent team, especially since they are fairly young. I think I'm one of the few that felt that the Warriors actually played okay against SC earlier this year. Looking how the Trojans have been beating up everyone else this year (except ASU yesterday), I'd say they did fine against one of the best offenses in NCAA history.

So, even though UH lost to BS yesterday, I'm still optimistic that they can have a 6-5 season in 2005, and then do even better in '06.

Comment

Working...
      X