Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spam tips, recipes, etc. (and spam musubi!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spam tips, recipes, etc. (and spam musubi!)

It wasn't gourmet at all, it was too bland if anything. I guess I should also say that I have tried sushi too and don't see what the big whoop is.

And the grill was just opened by an old guy who just arrived here from Hawaii. His family works the restaurant while he hangs around all day to talk with other islanders who come in, and believe me, there are a lot of them in Western Washington.

Their plate lunch is fine and the kalua pig is great there too. I think I'll have them cater a dinner at our church. But hold the musubi.

Comment

I usally eat the Low Sodium Spam. Sometimes the Turkey Spam. As far as spam musubi, in most cases if I am at 7-11 buying something to eat I would add a spam musubi to the list, sometimes I go for a BBQ chicken musubi. I never tried Tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
        After seeing the Spamarama on the Food Network recently, I'd say you could use any number of sauces with your spam.
        Did you see the SPAM throwing contest? That would be a fun game to add to your next Keiki (or grown-up) birthday party!

SPAM TOSSING CONTEST
        Object: The team that can toss and catch SPAM the farthest without dropping it WINS.
        Directions:
        Partner teams in groups of two each.
        Give each team a whole piece of RAW SPAM (with slime and all).
        Line up each team 5 ft. apart from each other.
        When you say GO!, each team will begin the toss.
        As each team completes the toss, have them move farther apart (equally among each team)
        Continue the toss.
        Whichever team drops the SPAM on the ground is instantly DQ'd. Also, the SPAM cannot fall apart. It has to stay in a whole piece. If a player catches it and it breaks apart, that team will be DQ'd. Also, only BARE HANDS may be used to catch the SPAM.. NO shirts, gloves, etc.
        The team that can toss and catch SPAM the farthest in one piece without dropping it WINS.

Of course, you can bend the rules, depending on the amount of participation and player competence.

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Before Fat Tuesday was banned here in Seattle, they had a Spam carving contest every year. It was fun to see how creative the sculpters were with their entries. Or should I say entrees......[insert rim shot here].....

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder
            Before Fat Tuesday was banned here in Seattle, they had a Spam carving contest every year. It was fun to see how creative the sculpters were with their entries. Or should I say entrees......[insert rim shot here].....
            The reason the Spam carving tradition died in seattle is because Ruby Montana, the businesswoman who used to sponsor the event, sold her business and moved to Palm Springs, where she now owns this really kitschy pink motel. Fat Tuesday hasn't been banned, there are just more police that evening to prevent rowdy crowds from killing each other in Pioneer Sq.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/riot01.shtml

Right, Ruby lost her lease and left town, and yes, Fat Tuesday was banned in Pioneer Square.

Comment

Working...
              X