Clear All

Re: Goji Juice

Originally posted by Pomai
    **Just kidding on the last 3!**

no! you sure?
    i think amway claims these.

Comment

With all those magnificent health claims about Goji Berries, perhaps the new JABSOM BioMedical Research Center in Kaka'ako should consider growing them hydroponically.

Use freshly desalinated Kaka'ako waterfront seawater and grow them in reverse-hyperbaric chambers to simulate high elevation conditions like their native Himalayan region.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Regarding Dried Goji Berries

Great tip!

Any specific store you know of? And when I go on, what do I ask them for?

Did some Googlin' on DRIED FRUITS, and found most of the nutrients are retained in this process, except (in some cases) a small loss of B & C vitamins. But for the most part, dried is the next best thing to FRESH.

Checked out Jamba Juice' site, and they apparently do not offer Goji as an ingredient on their "menu" (yet). They use the Brazillian Acai juice though.
        Pomai,
        I'm sorry I'm not in Honolulu so I can't recommend any particular stores - I'd imagine any large grocery or herb store in Chinatown would have them. I bought mine at a Chinese grocery in Queens(N.Y.) Chinatown - Flushing!(cue toilet sound) In English they are called wolfberries, in Chinese Goji or Gou Ji.

Comment

Here's a pic of Goji Berries..

Floppy is shown to depict scale. Inset zoomed in.

This is a 1 lb. bag we picked up from a small Chinese shop on Pauahi st.
          It was only $5.99/lb.. Much cheaper than the $50.00/quart of Goji Juice. Floppy is shown to depict scale.

The berries are dehydrated, so they should have retained most of the nutrients as fresh berries.

You can just pop 'em in your mouth as is. Taste sort of like a raisin, but more berry-like flavor. Not bad actually.

See original post of this thread for some of the health benefits the maker's of Goji Juice claim.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
          X