HIFF: Oct. 20 - 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIFF: Oct. 20 - 30

just in case some of you have been taking a nap, a gentle reminder that it's back!

http://www.hiff.org/
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: HIFF: Oct. 20 - 30

Always wanted to go, never found the time.

With a special "Lost" panel, though, I just might have to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Always wanted to go, never found the time.

With a special "Lost" panel, though, I just might have to change that.
      This year's 'Hawaii Panorama 4' should be a good variety to showcase Hawaii's filmmakers. Okay...so I worked on 2 of the 4 films.

"Fishbowl", directed by Kayo Hata, will probably set off a round of misty eyes. Kayo passed away suddenly and tragically 3 months ago, in the midst of preparing the film for HIFF. Each film normally has a representative panel for a post film Q and A. I can only imagine how emotional "Fishbowl"s panel will be.

Kayo's death was the 2nd in a series of 3 to bring our local film ohana to it's knees this year. Ray Bumatai was the 3rd. Locations asst. and one of the local film community's most loved crew members, Lamond Kanakaole, was the first. "True Love and Mimosa Tea", also in the Hawaii Panorama 4, is dedicated to Lamond. Panorama 4 looks like it will be extremely emotional.

Comment

Considering all of the threads in HT devoted to local and national commercials, both liked and disliked, here's a HIFF special event for those of you who, like me, have a :30 second mentality! The AICP screening is the best of the best showcasing some multi-million dollar spots from 2004. It's truly amazing to think that there are commercials that cost more to produce than some feature films!

Comment

Working...
        X